Is UConn still going to PK80? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is UConn still going to PK80?

Reaction Score
We aren't on the roster, so we can't control whether or not we win the games in front of us. But we respond to the way the team performs, just like we respond to the articles that are written about the team.

So basically, we all give a s#^t, even you @superjohn, or we wouldn't be posting about it (or reading the thread).
I stopped caring what the media thinks of us a long time ago. I care about us winning games and being good again.

Reaction Score
Absolutely zero love the Huskies... Portland St might be getting more attention

“North Carolina, Oklahoma, Michigan St, and Oregon anchor the Victory Bracket, while Duke, Butler, Texas, Gonzaga, and Florida are the headliners of the Motion Bracket.”

This is an incredible opportunity to jump back into the national conversation and show what UConn basketball is all about.

Hope our guys post this in every locker and play with an extra chip on their shoulders.

80 for 80: Everything you need to know about PK80
winning games is all we need to do.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Didn't mention anything about ESPN bias in my post and I don't do that at all, but I see my post struck a nerve with you. If the shoes fit...
Subtweeting isn't exactly a complex science. You made a direct reference to my post... right after my post. Sweet logic trap bro.

pj

Reaction Score
This is less an ESPN issue and more a result of having multiple consecutive disappointing seasons and an unranked team to start this year. You're only as relevant as your recent big wins, and we've been starved for those for a minute now. A few upsets at this tournament and we're back on the national radar though.

This is an ESPN issue and related to them having AAC TV rights only through 2019-20, so renegotiation is coming up, and they don't want the value of the AAC to be high right now. They have AAC and SEC rights more or less indefinitely so they promote the hell out of those leagues.

ESPN's "news" is dictated by the business executives, not by public interest.

Reaction Score
Ollie should be using this as motivation for these kids. If TL and JA are as good as they think they are they should be pissed and lead this team without question. Until that happens we won’t garner any respect. Ollie should also take this as a message, this exact same roster with Jim as the head coach would still be getting a great deal of national respect.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Originally started this post to highlight and acknowledge lack of respect/attention we’re receiving on a national scale. Not even mentioned among top 10 programs in a 16 team tournament is not good.

For anyone that says who cares about the media, public perception, or lack of coverage, you’re wrong. That influences recruiting, endorsements, TV deals, etc. If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound? If a team is undefeated but gets no respect, it impacts the program.

the hope is the players/coaches see this and use it to play extra tough and with a chip on their shoulders.

Calhoun always said this program responded best with their backs against the wall.... let’s go

Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
PK = Phil Knight.

He is an Oregon grad.

He is sponsoring and hosting the tournament, which is in honor of his 80th birthday.

I imagine the media releases "might" be a little biased and most of the articles we see are likely derived from the same media packet.

Reaction Score
....and that fact that they matched us up against Oregon in the first place. From their perspective, we must be an easy win. Like Portland or Portland State. They obviously want the home team to advance...right.

Let's stick it to PK and his tournament

Curiouser
Reaction Score
....and that fact that they matched us up against Oregon in the first place. From their perspective, we must be an easy win. Like Portland or Portland State. They obviously want the home team to advance...right.

Let's stick it to PK and his tournament
We should have custom-made "Mean Machine" warmups.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
PK = Phil Knight.

He is an Oregon grad.

He is sponsoring and hosting the tournament, which is in honor of his 80th birthday.

I imagine the media releases "might" be a little biased and most of the articles we see are likely derived from the same media packet.
I had no idea who Phil Knight was and all I could think about was a comedian and I wondered why the tournament was being named after him.

latest

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He started Nike.
Yes, I found this in Wikipedia which he was also the CEO of at one time as well as a track star and journalist and worth about
$25 bil.

Reaction Score
If it helps, I just heard my 13 year old nephew (by marriage) a Gainesville native and resident say, “UConn is the best program since 2000, not even close”. It came out of nowhere and I presume he said it because my wife is wearing a UConn long sleeve T and discussion about UF, FSU etc. was happening. Made me happy and not one person disputed it. I don’t think he has any idea I am a UConn guy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW, I like our being the underdog. Probably a carryover from the Calhoun years where it typically worked out pretty well for us.

Reaction Score
You guys need to wake up. This is the reality of our program right now, despite the fact we have this thread basically every week now people still aren't processing it. The media lives in a what have you done for me lately mindset, and truth is UConn has done nothing of value for the likes of ESPN to report on over the last few years. It hurts but it's the truth.
That 3/4s shot to beat Cincy was worth at least a year or two....I would think.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You guys need to wake up. This is the reality of our program right now, despite the fact we have this thread basically every week now people still aren't processing it. The media lives in a what have you done for me lately mindset, and truth is UConn has done nothing of value for the likes of ESPN to report on over the last few years. It hurts but it's the truth.
Thanks for the lecture professor
Three years ago is a lifetime, right? Not a few years
North Carolina and Nova have won since then, Duke? UCLA? Oregon?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Thanks for the lecture professor
Three years ago is a lifetime, right? Not a few years
North Carolina and Nova have won since then, Duke? UCLA? Oregon?
Idiots like you will still be saying the same thing about "... but, but 2014!" in 10, 15, 25 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom