Is UCONN going to the B10? | The Boneyard

Is UCONN going to the B10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are many signs that tell us that UCONN is the perfect school to join the B10. Is Sryacuse having 2nd thoughts about the ACC and looking at the B10 with UCONN.........

Reason, Football, Mens and Womens BB, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse M and W........ and more sports that are the heart of B 10 sports. Plus, UCONN will be a huge draw with the B10 TV Network in New England and NY markets.....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Add soccer to that list, too. W and M

Reaction Score
This is sheer fantasy. UConn is not in the AAU and
Connecticut is not contiguous with any present member.

Reaction Score
There are many signs that tell us that UCONN is the perfect school to join the B10.

No there arent.

Reason: Mens and Womens BB, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse M and W........ and more sports that are the heart of B 10 sports.

With these and $7, you can get a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There are many signs that tell us that UCONN is the perfect school to join the B10. Is Sryacuse having 2nd thoughts about the ACC and looking at the B10 with UCONN.........

Reason, Football, Mens and Womens BB, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse M and W........ and more sports that are the heart of B 10 sports. Plus, UCONN will be a huge draw with the B10 TV Network in New England and NY markets.....
That would be a dream come true.

Reaction Score
Nor was Nebraska and they are now in the B1G.

My recollection is that Nebraska was in the AAU when it was invited
to join the Big 10, but was subsequently voted out of the AAU (with
two of the NO votes coming from Big 10 presidents!)

So far as I know, Nebraska has always been contiguous with Iowa.

Please let me know if my recollection is faulty.

Reaction Score
UH......................................................................................................................................NO! Pure Pipe Dream but never gonna happen. The ACC basically told you as much when they said they can get UCONN any time they want. UCONN ain;t going anywhere whereas 'Ville was considered as a prime Big 12 candidate so they grabbed ' Ville they still could. If UCONN was a realistic BIG10 candidate, yesterday's outcome would have been far different.

If we aren;t considered really atteactive to the ACC (they have chosen BC, Miami, VTech, 'Cuse, Pitt and the 'Ville) before us, do you think the prestigious BIG 10, a conference everyne would give their left nut to get into, would be couring UCONN of all schools? I completely doubt it.

I swear I hope I am completely wrong and UCONN gets into BIG10, but its a delusional pipedream fantasy that we can tell ourselves to make us feel betterover the colossal Fu_k-up that McFatty Manuel and Susie Q did on the ACC expansion.

Reaction Score
I spent years living in Big10 states in the central and upper midwest. These are serious football schools. UConn stands out as not like any of them when it comes to football, and not in a good way for us. UConn against Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota - ouch! I don't think we have any appeal to the Big10 and I second "never gonna happen".

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My recollection is that Nebraska was in the AAU when it was invited
to join the Big 10, but was subsequently voted out of the AAU (with
two of the NO votes coming from Big 10 presidents!)

So far as I know, Nebraska has always been contiguous with Iowa.

Please let me know if my recollection is faulty.

Comment was not related to contiguity only AAU. The contiguous argument seems rather non-sensical. On the other hand CT is relatively close to PA about 90 miles on I-84 State College and Columbus are much closer to CT than they are to MN. And the Indiana being about the middle of the conference geographically.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I spent years living in Big10 states in the central and upper midwest. These are serious football schools. UConn stands out as not like any of them when it comes to football, and not in a good way for us. UConn against Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota - ouch! I don't think we have any appeal to the Big10 and I second "never gonna happen".
So the Big10 took that powerhouse, the 4-8 Maryland instead? BTW, Maryland lost to UConn this year.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is not jumping to the Big 10, and UConn is not getting an invitation to the Big 10. Not happening.

Reaction Score
If the Big 10 were to take Syracuse concurrently, the contiguity issue would disappear.

The contiguous argument is a red herring. I have no idea why people continue to bring it up.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
For the life of me I cannot understand whey the BiG wanted any part of Maryland. Makes no sense to me. They are a basket case.

Reaction Score
Comment was not related to contiguity only AAU. The contiguous argument seems rather non-sensical. On the other hand CT is relatively close to PA about 90 miles on I-84 State College and Columbus are much closer to CT than they are to MN. And the Indiana being about the middle of the conference geographically.

Penn State University is over 6 hours and 367 miles from Storrs, CT. Parts of Conn might be 90 minutes to PA., but not university to university.

Reaction Score
Anyone know what it takes to be an AAU member and why UConn isn't a member?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Penn State University is over 6 hours and 367 miles from Storrs, CT. Parts of Conn might be 90 minutes to PA., but not university to university.
I think your distance is off a bit I think it is just 300 miles give or take 10. It is a straight shot across I-80 to I-81 to I-84. All good interstate and living in central PA I just drove to Branford including going down CT 34 to New Haven in 5 hours and 15 minutes.

Reaction Score

Have not posted in a while, but had to say at first glance thought your post was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom