Is UCONN Bottom Third Div 1? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is UCONN Bottom Third Div 1?

Reaction Score
Other than Gilbert, the team has had no injuries to speak of this season.

UConn will beat most of the bad teams and get beat by most of the good teams. That makes them a very average team, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
So what can we, as fans, do at this point? Either you are a. Still gung-ho about Ollie for the foreseeable future and these people are in this camp for various reasons or b. at least support him for the remainder of the year c. Apathetic. We don't see these people because they don't even bother coming here, they are indifferent d. Super mad and not happy with how things are going.

If you are in Camp D, or even if you are in camp C, what will you do? Send an email and/or twitter to the AD and Uconn president. Make your voices known on social media as social media has proven to spark change for much larger causes. But not much will be done staying on the BY in my honest opinion. Even if you are in Camp B, and just support Ollie for the rest of the season only, this is something that should be done. Camp A, well, let them do what they need to do too.

For the record, at this point I feel like I straddle the line between camp D and C but have been moving closer to C lately, actually, at this point.

B & D

Reaction Score
At this point in the season, finishing above .500 and making the NIT would be a win. It's crazy for the program to be in this position. However, during the Calhoun years, he never passed up an opportunity to make the post season and his teams generally played hard in the NIT. That's what I'm hoping for, and it would not be as painful of a season. (But I'm an eternal optimist:))

Reaction Score
I think we’re at the very bottom of the top half of teams - we’re in that 125-150 range.

Worse for us, we’re in the bottom quarter of the American.

There’s no excuse.
No excuse what so ever. Years ago there was a weekly poll for the New England schools. If they did one now what # would we be. Behind BC , PC, UVM, Yale?, Harvard, URI, UMass?. Who else. Things are worse than we realize I think. UVM has a 6’6 power forward, ANTHONY Lamb would be our best player and a shooting guard Evan Turner who is lights out from 3.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We’re definitely behind BC, Providence and URI at the moment.

UMass and UVm are tough; I suspect we’d beat both, but looking at what they’ve done vs what we’ve done, you would have to rank them over us.

Yale and Harvard are both pretty bad this year. I’ll say we outrank ‘em.

Reaction Score
The AAC while not P5 is still a decent conference. Are 2/3 of men’s Div1 teams better than us? We just barely sneaked by ECU at home.

We need Jalen & Terry to click and I think we win the AAC tournament and go to NCAAs.

ImmaculateDentalClownanemonefish-max-1mb.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom