Is there a team Tennessee could play that would make you root for Tennessee? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is there a team Tennessee could play that would make you root for Tennessee?

Reaction Score
I have a very good friend who is a Tenn alum, so yes. I also like their coach. I wasn’t a big hoops fan when the rivalry was at its height. That probably makes a difference as well.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Wracking my brain for a nearly equally offensive group, worthy of defeat by the luddy vols, all I could think of was the combined KKK/KhmerRouge genocidal all-stars.

Reaction Score
I hated Tennessee, with ESPN and Maria and the FBI and accusations and such -- but there's a new coach and team and it's been so long, it's time to move on.

Last edited:

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
I hated Tennessee, with ESPN and Maria and the FBI and accusations and such -- but there's a new coach and team and it's been so long, it's time to move on.
Moving on won't happen if that means I would NOT root for whom ever UT plays. The "evil empire" (thank you Geno) still exists. All you have to do is to read the vol (upper case not deserved) board. I have experienced too much vol vitriol, at play offs both distant past and recent past, because I wear UConn paraphernalia, to even consider the bitterness to have waned, in the least.

My answer? NO!

Just as an aside: At the 2002 FF, we (the wife and I) sat directly behind 2 vol fans who wore T shirts that had printed on them; "what's the difference between lady vols and the UConn Hussies? 4 championships and counting". To disrespect our kids with the verbiage is uncalled for. Kinda like what Imus said about the 2007 Rutgers kids. But, yes, the difference now is 3 championships and counting. Oh and by the way, those 2 women didn't come to the final game. Go figure!

Reaction Score
Moving on won't happen if that means I would NOT root for whom ever UT plays. The "evil empire" (thank you Geno) still exists. All you have to do is to read the vol (upper case not deserved) board. I have experienced too much vol vitriol, at play offs both distant past and recent past, because I wear UConn paraphernalia, to even consider the bitterness to have waned, in the least.

My answer? NO!

Just as an aside: At the 2002 FF, we (the wife and I) sat directly behind 2 vol fans who wore T shirts that had printed on them; "what's the difference between lady vols and the UConn Hussies? 4 championships and counting". To disrespect our kids with the verbiage is uncalled for. Kinda like what Imus said about the 2007 Rutgers kids. But, yes, the difference now is 3 championships and counting. Oh and by the way, those 2 women didn't come to the final game. Go figure!

I've always taken great comfort & pride in knowing that Tennessee has never defeated UConn in a national championship game. UConn 4, Tennessee 0. You should put that on a t-shirt :)

Reaction Score
Any team coached by Brenda Frese or the clown from Syracuse if he ever works again

Reaction Score
Any team coached by Brenda Frese or the clown from Syracuse if he ever works again
Can you explain why about those two to a new(ish) UConn fan? I knew the Syracuse games were always heated in the Maya years and a player was ejected once, then the tripping in the line thing, and the not playing UConn Stewies senior year. Is that why or something else? And what happened with Brenda Frese?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
IF Tennessee played a team consisting of

Adolph Hitler
Vlad "the Impaler" Tepes
Pol Pot
Osama Bin Laden
Ghengis Khan

with Heinrich Himmler, Saddam Hussein, Joseph Stalin on the bench

I'd still cheer against Tennessee.

(although truthfully I think TN would win, most of these guys are short and I doubt can ball. :rolleyes: )

sun

Reaction Score
If Tennessee were playing Tennessee in a split squad game, I'd hope that both sides would lose by forfeit.
That way they would all be losers.

Reaction Score
If I had to absolutely choose, it would have to be Notre Dame and South Carolina. Don’t get me wrong, I like SC and Dawn Staley but I do want to see them go down
My thought also. Dawn is class number 1 in my book but SC beating MSST for the National Championship still stings.

Reaction Score
My thought also. Dawn is class number 1 in my book but SC beating MSST for the National Championship still stings.
I can get over the loss in the NC to SC more than ND. ND will always hurt because we had the game and couldn't close it out.

Reaction Score
I can get over the loss in the NC to SC more than ND. ND will always hurt because we had the game and couldn't close it out.
I will always remember the non foul call committed against Morgan William. That foul was so obvious it should have been impossible to miss, but it was not called!

Reaction Score
I like the coach; she seems to be doing a pretty good job and I'm not so fond of Stanford....so, Stanford,

Reaction Score
If you read Maria’s articles, you’ll see she still takes cheap shots and digs at UConn.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If you read Maria’s articles, you’ll see she still takes cheap shots and digs at UConn.
She's downright dishonest and despicable.

The fact that she gets to masquerade in her little niche as a "journalist" is an embarrassment to the profession.

Reaction Score
I still can't stand her, and many of the Tenn fans. But the kids on the team now were not involved in any of that.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I still can't stand her, and many of the Tenn fans. But the kids on the team now were not involved in any of that.
Its NEVER been about the kids. It's about the dynamics of 2007 and the actions of Pat Summitt, and how the Administration (school), the AD, the local media, and the fans all backed her play. That was 14 years ago. Make no mistake about it, Tennessee fans to this day still hate Geno, UConn, his players and us, (the fan base).................period!!! :mad:

If you want to know just how much they hate us, take a stroll (troll) over to their fan chat room, mention you're from UConn, and see what kind of reception you get. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its NEVER been about the kids. It's about the dynamics of 2007 and the actions of Pat Summitt, and how the Administration (school), the AD, the local media, and the fans all backed her play. That was 14 years ago. Make no mistake about it, Tennessee fans to this day still hate Geno, UConn, his players and us, (the fan base).................period!!! :mad:

If you want to know just how much they hate us, take a stroll (troll) over to their fan chat room, mention you're from UConn, and see what kind of reception you get. :cool:
I concede your point about the Tenn fans. I used to visit the Summitt and now VolNation, I get it. For me it's not as much about the fans. Back a few years ago I couldn't stand Pat and Muffett and Q along with many of the Tenn, ND and Cuse players. I'm just saying I don't have strong feelings about this current Tennessee team, I don't care if they win or lose. Who cares about their fans.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I concede your point about the Tenn fans. I used to visit the Summitt and now VolNation, I get it. For me it's not as much about the fans. Back a few years ago I couldn't stand Pat and Muffett and Q along with many of the Tenn, ND and Cuse players. I'm just saying I don't have strong feelings about this current Tennessee team, I don't care if they win or lose. Who cares about their fans.
Muffet and Q aren’t on my Christmas card list either. :cool:

Reaction Score
She's downright dishonest and despicable.

The fact that she gets to masquerade in her little niche as a "journalist" is an embarrassment to the profession.

In her role as the Summitt moderator she was a booster by definition but still interviewed HS prospects but has the gall to report UConn fans for illegal recruiting. She has a problem with a fan giving a prospect a simple hand-made sign but thinks Tenn was completely ethical in it's recruiting of Strothers. I've been told by a big UConn fan who met her at a game that she was very nice to talk with. My own experience was a few messages back and forth. Not impressed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom