Is there a team Tennessee could play that would make you root for Tennessee? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is there a team Tennessee could play that would make you root for Tennessee?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tennessee will ALWAYS be number 1 for me because of Pat Summit’s allegations in 2007, and the lengths she went to - to call out Geno and UConn. Also not happy about the disrespect to Maya Moore’s mother and her.

The school administration, AD and fan base backed her play. Notre Dame is a very close second. I had encounter with some ND fans in the parking lot (tailgating) before and during a USC game at the LA Coliseum in 1964. I lost all respect for the fans, it’s team and the school that day.

SC (Dawn) has never did or said anything disrespectful about Geno, our team or the school. Just because they’ve beaten us a few times recently is no reason to dislike them. I have no problem with SC. Their doing the same thing we’re trying to do, and they’re doing it the right way.
Ah Carnac, we were just having fun. You wanna get serious, well then I'm with you. Of course, there is a technical error in your post. Those 2007 allegations were "made" by the SEC as Pat didn't have the guts to make them herself and decided to use the SEC as her front.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Generally ... NO!
Certainly never in the tournament.
But every once in a very long time I might actually root for them over say an undefeated hated rival during the regular season, especially when they have been a mediocre team for the last decade+.

Reaction Score
As a Bronx born and bred supporter of the Yankees ,Giants, Rangers, and Knicks, and diehard UConn fan who has benefitted from NYC area players ( Kemba Walker, Ben Gordon, Sue Bird, Tina Charles, Bria Hartley) as well a big time big east fan especially the original version who frequently recruited NYC players, I'd have say if they played any team from Boston I'd be rocking orange in a min.#Boston red sucks, Bill Belicheat and Tom Shady, The Boston Ruins, The Tick from french lick, The best thing ever from Boston was Patrick Ewing !! facts!!!

Reaction Score
No! While i don't dislike the current players and coach of TN, they should lose every game they play. When TN lost to Ball St. in the first round of the NCAA some years back, i was actually ashamed on how good that made me feel :)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Being born and raised in Lafayette, Indiana there is only one team that I despise and hate more then the ORANGE from Knoxville and that's the GOLDEN DIPS***S from South Bend.

Reaction Score
Ah Carnac, we were just having fun. You wanna get serious, well then I'm with you. Of course, there is a technical error in your post. Those 2007 allegations were "made" by the SEC as Pat didn't have the guts to make them herself and decided to use the SEC as her front.
When you look at the entire complaint...it was petty. When you look specifically at a recruit supposedly choosing another program over a storied program and Hall of Fame coach BECAUSE...they were given a tour of ESPN my thinking is the choice wasn't that close to begin with if that's all it took. AND THEN...to stop playing UCONN because they supposedly cheated doesn't even fit the violation!

I think Tennessee heard loud footsteps (AGAIN) and the decision to stop the series was to preserve their legacy. And it just so happens that they haven't won a Championship since the year after and it wasn't because they weren't getting QUALITY recruits. Yet...their fans are quick to repeat how long it's been since Uconn won and it's Uconn and Geno's fault because he coached national teams. You didn't hear that when Summit coached those same teams. As a basketball fan...I just get tired of the excuses. Uconn and Auriemma have zilch to do with a talented team not making it out of the first weekend. They need to own that.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When you look at the entire complaint...it was petty. When you look specifically at a recruit supposedly choosing another program over a storied program and Hall of Fame coach BECAUSE...they were given a tour of ESPN my thinking is the choice wasn't that close to begin with if that's all it took. AND THEN...to stop playing UCONN because they supposedly cheated doesn't even fit the violation!

I think Tennessee heard loud footsteps (AGAIN) and the decision to stop the series was to preserve their legacy. And it just so happens that they haven't won a Championship since the year after and it wasn't because they weren't getting QUALITY recruits. Yet...their fans are quick to repeat how long it's been since Uconn won and it's Uconn and Geno's fault because he coached national teams. You didn't hear that when Summit coached those same teams. As a basketball fan...I just get tired of the excuses. Uconn and Auriemma have zilch to do with a talented team not making it out of the first weekend. They need to own that.
You are forgetting the house UConn supposedly bought Maya's mom and setting up her purse business in the Coop. That stuff gets mentioned about every three days on the free Tenn board. Of course it could be worse. General Sherman is excoriated twice daily, once at sunrise and once at sunset.

Reaction Score

Yes.... that was not a proud chapter in Lady Vol history..... trying to wipe out CT womens basketball.... Pat (for all her greatness) just could not accept anyone else taking the mantle..... Tenn idea aof preserving their legacy was to go on a 2 game winning streak against us, then quit .... and blame us.... (Geno you know what you did) ..... facts will always remain facts.... and we are in support of those facts......

And yes it is funny that Tenn always puts it out there that we have not won a nattie since 2016... while it has not gotten to a Final 4 in 14 years..... 14 years!!! The start of the broadcast Tenn vs Stanford today highlighted "2 blue blood programs" well Tennessee is tryng to recapture that mantle..... similar to Notre Dame football.... its glory is mainly in the past

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was the only allegation that had some merit, albeit it was only a secondary violation. The violation was due to the fact that someone in the basketball office called about a publicly available tour. That the tour, mind you, but the phone call.

The rest of it was truly weird stuff. Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird supposedly giving a recruit a ride when they were actually playing in Russia at the time? It was really odd and petty stuff that the NCAA rejected.

Reaction Score
78K806OHPM.gif

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Tennessee will ALWAYS be number 1 for me because of Pat Summit’s allegations in 2007, and the lengths she went to - to call out Geno and UConn. Also not happy about the disrespect to Maya Moore’s mother and her.

The school administration, AD and fan base backed her play. Notre Dame is a very close second. I had encounter with some ND fans in the parking lot (tailgating) before and during a USC game at the LA Coliseum in 1964. I lost all respect for the fans, it’s team and the school that day.

SC (Dawn) has never did or said anything disrespectful about Geno, our team or the school. Just because they’ve beaten us a few times recently is no reason to dislike them. I have no problem with SC. Their doing the same thing we’re trying to do, and they’re doing it the right way.
Grammatical correction: Their They're doing the same thing we’re trying to do, and they’re doing it the right way.

Reaction Score
Ya Tennessee will always be #1 in this .... and i think on this part of LV timeline, history will hold them responsible.... it was a raddical move to accuse us, get all at Tenn on board, and then get the return of only a "B" violation for phoning ESPN for a tour. Similarly a unilateral stop to the series.... a move which slowed to some extent the momentum of the popularity and growth of the game.

On Notre Dame their fans are so insufferable it seems.... they remind me of Dallas Cowboys nation.... no Super Bowl wins in 27 years..... 2 championships is good but not top echelon.... football last won it all 34 years ago.... but you cannot tell them they are not the best in the land.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom