Is there a team Tennessee could play that would make you root for Tennessee? | The Boneyard

Is there a team Tennessee could play that would make you root for Tennessee?

Reaction Score
Just remember what D said, "When I see orange, I want to punch."

Reaction Score
Well, I kinda’ half-heartedly pull for them in WBB for SOS reasons.

But not today because we play Stanford on Tuesday.

My biggest dislike for Vile fans is more football related than WBB. They are my second most disliked fan base in football and baseball - Clempsun being first of course. Men’s BB? Meh, Kentucky I guess but their arrogance is deserved.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Washington State....as long as one particular player is still on the team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But not today because we play Stanford on Tuesday.
Thanks for the heads up on that. That will be a good game and a nice test to see if you guys are as good as you appear to be.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I am torn, and will probably return to utter loathing of Tennessee, but right now it's Notre Dames led by their mascot Ogunbowale. Sorta like their nick name though - the Flop Five.
Tennessee will ALWAYS be number 1 for me because of Pat Summit’s allegations in 2007, and the lengths she went to - to call out Geno and UConn. Also not happy about the disrespect to Maya Moore’s mother and her.

The school administration, AD and fan base backed her play. Notre Dame is a very close second. I had encounter with some ND fans in the parking lot (tailgating) before and during a USC game at the LA Coliseum in 1964. I lost all respect for the fans, it’s team and the school that day.

SC (Dawn) has never did or said anything disrespectful about Geno, our team or the school. Just because they’ve beaten us a few times recently is no reason to dislike them. I have no problem with SC. Their doing the same thing we’re trying to do, and they’re doing it the right way.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'll admit, that game a few years back when a heavily favored ND team visited Knoxville and was upset by Jaime Nared et al was the one time in my entire life when I felt myself actually pulling for the team in pumpkin puke orange.

It felt a bit like a bizarre out-of-body experience.

Vols fans are feeling their oats right now, but I don't remember Kellie Harper ever beating Muffet. (Edit: Looks like Harper did win at Notre Dame in November 2019, one of Notre Dame's 19 losses that season.)

#BringBackHolly

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For me it has little to do with how I feel about other teams, and everything about what is in Uconn's best interest regarding ultimate seeding for the tournament. That means I want to see the teams close to us in the rankings lose, particularly the ones just ahead of us, regardless of who they are playing. If it is a team we could pass, or one that could pass us if we drop another game, I want them to lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom