Is there a “nice” restaurant in Storrs? | The Boneyard

Is there a “nice” restaurant in Storrs?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I will be on campus for the first time since 2016 tomorrow evening until after the game on Saturday. Now that Geno’s restaurant is closed- is there a “nice” place that I can bring my girlfriend to for dinner in Storrs Center/near campus one of the nights? Curious what others have done- we will be staying at the Graduate so prefer something walkable if possible. TIA.

Reaction Score
Kathmandu isn’t “nice” by any stretch but the food was bomb. Took my girl there last winter

Otherwise agree with Fishy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You really need to leave the campus area - it’s a shame, but just the reality of things.

Reaction Score
You really need to leave the campus area - it’s a shame, but just the reality of things.
It’s the fact that it’s not a town in itself with its own set of people with money. It’s literally just the college kids and Mansfield lifers lol. The professors live in the nicer towns where of course the nice restaurants are

I think if they got the surrounding area nice enough for at least professors to live there, the drive for nicer places would go up.

Reaction Score
You can not find fine dining in the Storrs area. Maybe drive to S. Windsor for The Mill on the River or hit Hartford

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I will be on campus for the first time since 2016 tomorrow evening until after the game on Saturday. Now that Geno’s restaurant is closed- is there a “nice” place that I can bring my girlfriend to for dinner in Storrs Center/near campus one of the nights? Curious what others have done- we will be staying at the Graduate so prefer something walkable if possible. TIA.
Genos wasn’t nice. They put ranch dressing on a shrimp pizza.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Best spot is still Willibrew
And they made me wait 90 minutes for pretzels and beer cheese and 2 beers in December , and I had to give my credit card at hostess stand because waitress never came back to table for 60 minutes , and doing that I got to game at under 12 time out. I like Willi brew well enough, it’s fine but horrible pre game decision unless you go 3 hours prior.

There is no good restaraunt close to storrs in any direction. I had a great meal at River Tevern in Chester last night though . It’s only 45-50 minutes from campus and you will get to game at same time as wili brew

Reaction Score
Stone Row Kitchen and Bar in Willimantic is pretty good and may be your best bet.

Reaction Score
It’s crazy that storrs doesn’t have 1 good restaurant. I get that students probably aren’t going to go but the locals can’t support 1?

Reaction Score
Chucks/Margaritas is decent. I haven’t been in a fairly long time but the ambience of the “barn” and the outdoor area are pretty good. Always thought it was a pretty good choice for a decent dinner, drinks and lively atmosphere. Maybe, someone that’s been recently can chime in. I’d put it on my list with Bidwell Tavern and Willibrew. All seem to be best when not packed, so I go really early or fairly late.

Reaction Score

After reading all the comments in this thread your best bet is stay sober enough to make your way to Mohegan Sun. Comparable drive to Hartford from campus.

Reaction Score
What happened to Spiro's in Eagleville, across the street from Ali John's Eagleville Package Store and Lou's Diner, home of the famous C B G B?

Reaction Score
Consider a drive to Sturbridge. Lots of good restaurants there. You can Google to find the names. You could do a nice hike at Bigelow Hollow in Union during the day since you will be in Storrs for a few days. Nice water views of the lake at Bigelow which is maybe 20 minutes from campus.

1676519764528.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom