Is the SMU Game a must win | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is the SMU Game a must win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't mind the split with them half as much as the sweep of us from Temple.
The point was that if we lose in the first round of the AAC tournament to Houston they will have won the three game "series" this season and thus we most likely at least deserve to be sweating bullets on Selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the team has the potential and talent to be in the NCAA Tournament but if I'm a selection committee member I'm seriously asking if they just fold and bust on day 1 given the inability to win in critical situations. Crazy as it sounds, they can beat anybody if they are playing at the top of their game, it just rarely reaches that level even for a full game, let alone many in a row. If they go NIT I don't think they fare any better. The team is a total riddle . There is no chance for any sustained run deep into the tournament based on this season, but they could take down a high seed on a good day. It will be a gamble selection with the hope they put on a good show for a day or two.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't know when I've ever been more disappointed in a UConn team. They just have a knack for pulling defeat from the jaws of victory, for doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

It's staggering when you think about it, that a team with a top 5 national free throw shooting percentage can't close out a game. Hell, they can't even get to the line, even when they get fouled shooting a three late in a game.

Reaction Score
I know this a strange season in college hoops and I bleed blue but I can't see us getting an at large bid. I used to coach high school and in my interview for the job I asked what happens if I care more than the players. The interviewer told me I already did. I think us Husky maniacs actually do care more than most of the team.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I know this a strange season in college hoops and I bleed blue but I can't see us getting an at large bid. I used to coach high school and in my interview for the job I asked what happens if I care more than the players. The interviewer told me I already did. I think us Husky maniacs actually do care more than most of the team.

I think they care more than we will ever give them credit for.

Reaction Score
The idea that these kids don't care makes me laugh and if you watch their faces during the games you know what I mean. That said it's been discussed ad nauseum what deficiencies some of the players have and it is what it is. It's their lack of consistency that is maddening because at times we play like a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
I don't know when I've ever been more disappointed in a UConn team. They just have a knack for pulling defeat from the jaws of victory, for doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

It's staggering when you think about it, that a team with a top 5 national free throw shooting percentage can't close out a game. Hell, they can't even get to the line, even when they get fouled shooting a three late in a game.

Good post Hawk I would just substitute "disappointed" with frustrated, but all else spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom