Is the SEC Overrated? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is the SEC Overrated?

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
So there are two SEC teams already in the Final Eight and another one (Texas A&M) still in the hunt. Not so bad.

Reaction Score
So the discussion is best conference? The SEC has 2 of the 8 remaining including the reigning NCAA champion and the # 2 ranked team in the country. The PAC 12 has two remaining as does the ACC. Those teams along with UCONN are somewhat predictable to be there. Some mid majors made some noise, but is that just an indication that beyond those 10-12 top teams it is all somewhat a mosh of mediocrity? Is that why UCONN is bad for the game, because there isn’t enough of a depth of good teams and is that somewhat acceptable for the women’s versus the men’s game? I would think McGuff at Ohio State and Warwick at TENN would be on the hot seat. KO was the hand picked choice by a legendary coach as was Warlick but he is out after 6 years with a NC. Does this say something about the the level of commitment or priority in the men’s vs women’s game?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Pac 12 well on their way to having 3 of the 8 (and two from the State of Oregon, would be the only state w/ 2 teams left).

Reaction Score
So the discussion is best conference? The SEC has 2 of the 8 remaining including the reigning NCAA champion and the # 2 ranked team in the country. The PAC 12 has two remaining as does the ACC. Those teams along with UCONN are somewhat predictable to be there. Some mid majors made some noise, but is that just an indication that beyond those 10-12 top teams it is all somewhat a mosh of mediocrity? Is that why UCONN is bad for the game, because there isn’t enough of a depth of good teams and is that somewhat acceptable for the women’s versus the men’s game? I would think McGuff at Ohio State and Warwick at TENN would be on the hot seat. KO was the hand picked choice by a legendary coach as was Warlick but he is out after 6 years with a NC. Does this say something about the the level of commitment or priority in the men’s vs women’s game?
There is still one big mid-major that's in the E8.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Since some of you like Margo. I thought I'd share a interview she had with Hornbuckle.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
So there are two SEC teams already in the Final Eight and another one (Texas A&M) still in the hunt. Not so bad.

Um... no. I don't believe that any of us who have rightly claimed the SEC was overrated ever said there weren't any quality teams in the SEC, only that the conference as a whole was overrated. Using your metric the AAC would be considered better than the Big12 or B1G because the AAC has 1 team in the elite 8 and those conferences had none. What's crystal clear from the tournament results as a whole is that the SEC was over-seeded and that quite possibly the Pac12 was under-seeded.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think SEC and the Pac 12 are currently the best two confrences.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tennessee was overrated. Georgia was overrated. A&M did better than expected. SC and Miss State are where we expected them to be.

Reaction Score
Tennessee was overrated. Georgia was overrated. A&M did better than expected. SC and Miss State are where we expected them to be.

How many teams in the final eight did the sec need not to be overrated? At least four I gather.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
How many teams in the final eight did the sec need not to be overrated? At least four I gather.

Doesn’t matter. This thread wasn’t about whether the SEC had any good teams, it was about whether whether the SEC as a whole was overrated. That ship has sailed. Based on the tournament results it is objectively clear that the SEC was overrated and over seeded.

I’m not going to rehash the results, but any unbiased review leaves little doubt that the SEC was over valued by the selection committee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom