Is the BYU/UConn game sold out? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Is the BYU/UConn game sold out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wow, that is horrific if true. This and Boise are probably the "biggest"" games the Rent will see outside of soccer over the next three years

1) season ticket donations need to go. Its absurd given supply/demand. 2) This program is on life support. Another 3- or 4-win season and the numbers will continue to dwindle. the only thing that will save it is an invite to a real conference and maybe some meaningful wins. But those will be harder to come by given the scheduling issues. ugh.

I wonder if this is what Diaco signed up for

Reaction Score
wow, that is horrific if true. This and Boise are probably the "biggest"" games the Rent will see outside of soccer over the next three years

1) season ticket donations need to go. Its absurd given supply/demand. 2) This program is on life support. Another 3- or 4-win season and the numbers will continue to dwindle. the only thing that will save it is an invite to a real conference and maybe some meaningful wins. But those will be harder to come by given the scheduling issues. ugh.

I wonder if this is what Diaco signed up for

I disagree with 1 - this would be evident if the "non-donation" tickets were sold out. But they aren't. So that just is a money loser.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I disagree with 1 - this would be evident if the "non-donation" tickets were sold out. But they aren't. So that just is a money loser.

J187Money - when you bought Pudge his tickets, were you able to transfer them electronically to him? Just curious.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Every number for eternity has included students.

I was hoping for 34-35. I was pretty impressed when we thought 38.

31 is rough, but Labor Day is a graveyard date for the Rent. They need to start opening on the road.

I clarified because there was some debate last night as to whether or not the number Dez reported yesterday included students or not. Just wanted to make it clear that it included students.

I don't know about you but I have grown SO tired of the Labor Day weekend excuse. (Here comes my rant that is not directed at you or anyone in particular); It seems that the people who don't go to games always have an excuse lined up: "it's Labor Day weekend", "it's Friday night", "it's Saturday afternoon", "I don't like noon games", I don't like 3:30 games", "I don't like night games", "it's raining", "it's snowing", "it's too cold", "it's too hot", "it's too nice outside"...I'm tired of the excuses. Look, I know that not everyone has the time or means to go to games. I get it. But I've had enough of the Labor Day BS. If I'm watching half empty stadiums tonight and over the weekend throughout college football, I'll buy into that a bit more. But I know that I won't. It seems that the Labor Day weekend only affects our fanbase on a yearly basis. And not for nothing, but we've drawn more than 31K on Labor Day weekends past against MUCH weaker opponents. We have a Top 25 quality opponent and coming and we still can't move tickets.

I digress...

Reaction Score
J187Money - when you bought Pudge his tickets, were you able to transfer them electronically to him? Just curious.

Butch - and yes - they emailed them to me in PDF form and I just forwarded them to Butch.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
is game sold out - NO NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Ok - I called the ticket office.
Asked why there are reports of only 31000 sold but only 1500 available on web.
Short answer - they held the good seats back from online purchase in attempt to get more season tickets sold - i was told it is a work in progress until after the 1st game now that the season ticket market is dried up.
Kyle in the ticket office can find me individual tickets in lower bowl.
Its true - 31000 sold as of this am.
SHAME.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Butch - and yes - they emailed them to me in PDF form and I just forwarded them to Butch.

Sorry, I meant Butch. Thanks for the info!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I clarified because there was some debate last night as to whether or not the number Dez reported yesterday included students or not. Just wanted to make it clear that it included students.

I don't know about you but I have grown SO tired of the Labor Day weekend excuse. (Here comes my rant that is not directed at you or anyone in particular); It seems that the people who don't go to games always have an excuse lined up: "it's Labor Day weekend", "it's Friday night", "it's Saturday afternoon", "I don't like noon games", I don't like 3:30 games", "I don't like night games", "it's raining", "it's snowing", "it's too cold", "it's too hot", "it's too nice outside"...I'm tired of the excuses. Look, I know that not everyone has the time or means to go to games. I get it. But I've had enough of the Labor Day BS. If I'm watching half empty stadiums tonight and over the weekend throughout college football, I'll buy into that a bit more. But I know that I won't. It seems that the Labor Day weekend only affects our fanbase on a yearly basis. And not for nothing, but we've drawn more than 31K on Labor Day weekends past against MUCH weaker opponents. We have a Top 25 quality opponent and coming and we still can't move tickets.

I digress...

Well last year they drew 20k on Labor Day weekend. They opened the stadium on Labor Day weekend to 34k.

If you don't want to accept it you don't have to but people have made it clear that Labor Day is an issue. You'd think they would get the message.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If we have 22k season and even just 3k student (which I doubt is that low) that means we sold 6k single game/mini plan. I don't get it.

The 22k season tickets include all the students.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Short answer - they held the good seats back from online purchase in attempt to get more season tickets sold - i was told it is a work in progress until after the 1st game now that the season ticket market is dried up.
SHAME.
What a stupid idea.

I am not in favor of calling for the jobs of private citizens (public figures, such as professional sports coaches, players, Front office leaders, politicians, actors, and the like are not included in my definition), but a demerit may need to be included in the personnel file of certain people in the Marketing & Corporate Ops and Ticket Operations Departments.

On top of that, Mike Enright (who holds another cabinet level position, so to speak) went on the air last night with Joe D and said that they are not satisfied with any number of tickets sold shy of a sell out. Well there, Chief. You can't sell tickets that are not made available for sale in a readily apparent manner and in this day and age, that includes the internet more than any other method of purchasing tickets, including the phone.

D'ambrosio even said go to UConn huskies dot com to buy tickets. There are no bowl level seats available on the ticket site. All those people that wanted a bowl seat but settled for an upper deck ticket are going to be pi55ed if they see that large sections of the bowl go unfilled.

EDIT: I had their full titles, but that is also unfair to them, even though I consider this an egregious error.

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score
FILLTHERENT promo now open to everyone, thanks to Webster Bank.

UConn Huskies ‏@UConnHuskies 3m
One. More. Day. Let's "Fill The Rent" Tix promo courtesy of @WebsterBank. Tixs just $20! http://Post original url/FillTheRent
#FILLTHERENT isn't worth the bandwidth it occupies if a substantial amount of product is withheld that would directly achieve the intended goal.

I'm not saying that my degree is now worth as much as if I got it in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, but I am very disappointed with the Marketing education the School of Business Administration provided to certain people. Since I got my B.S. in Accounting from that same school...well...I'm just disappointed.

I have a feeling that this is a case of, "That's the way we've always do it." Well, UConn has never been in this position before (Outside looking in), and the way we've always done it is not the correct way anymore. Just like in the real world, you can't SALY (Same As Last Year) your way through the cycle especially when events occurred that were not an issue last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

SHAME.

Oh man. What a disaster.

Reaction Score
Really all that matters is we have more than 31k for our last game.

That means HCBD has done his job.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Every number for eternity has included students.

I was hoping for 34-35. I was pretty impressed when we thought 38.

31 is rough, but Labor Day is a graveyard date for the Rent. They need to start opening on the road.

Bingo. Labor Day is brutal. The beaches and lakes will be full of people, including me. In the south, it may be no big deal, as summer continues for six or more weeks, but this is our last chance at summer.

Seems that the effort to push more season tickets backfired as well. Bad strategy.

Husky25

Reaction Score

I digress...
Well when UConn Intentionally withholds 7,000 seats until 32 hours before kick off on Labor Day weekend, you can't expect that many number of people to change their plans on such short notice in order to go to the game. UConn tied their own arm behind themselves...

Dooley

Reaction Score
I'm giving away 2 free tickets to the game tomorrow night. If you don't have tickets already, DM me. Section 204. Electronic tickets that I will forward to the first person to DM me.

My tickets are spoken for. But you can still buy $20 tickets to any available seat in the stadium using the FILLTHERENT promo code! Go Huskies!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well when UConn Intentionally withholds 7,000 seats until 32 hours before kick off on Labor Day weekend, you can't expect that many number of people to change their plans on such short notice in order to go to the game. UConn tied their own arm behind themselves...

LOL. Are you trying to claim the tickets won't sell because they didn't show up on ticketmaster?

For real?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
LOL. Are you trying to claim the tickets won't sell because they didn't show up on ticketmaster?

For real?

No - what he is saying is all week the UConn Ticket Website was showing about 1500 tickets available - all in upper levels.

Now suddenly they are showing thousands of available tickets including lower levels.

If you want to go to a game and have a good seat you would have gone to the site and said, ah, neverming no good seats available. Now, you can sit in 127, 129, 132, 133 and the availability of good upper levels seats have suddenly appeared.

Husky25

Reaction Score

For real?
No, that's not what I'm saying.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, that's not what I'm saying.

Well then what are you saying because the inventory on ticketmaster has had zero impact on sales. It's 31k because it's Labor Day, they have been terrible for three seasons and the American does not interest people.

Oh and the myth that BYU would travel well was extremely false.

Last edited:

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Well then what are you saying because the inventory on ticketmaster has had zero impact on sales. It's 31k because it's Labor Day, they have been terrible for three seasons and the American does not interest people.

Oh and the myth that BYU would travel well was extremely false.

I will agree a bit about Labor Day - but I would also say part of it is where people sit.
There are many times my kids want to go to a BB game (only FB season ticket holder) and if I cant get decent seats I am not interested in going. I want a decent seat or I will watch from home - call me names if you must. :-0 I dont want to go to the HCC and sit in section 216 row XX.

If I wanted to go to the game Friday and all the seats were back row upper levels I probably would not purchase them - however if they are in section 131 row 12 I am all in. The issue is that seat in 131 row 12 was not showing as available unitl 10 am today.

My 2 cents and I could be short a penny.

Reaction Score
All the seats in the Rent are decent seats. I'd loved to have the view and angle provided by the last row in MetLife equivalent location.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Bonehead said:
I will agree a bit about Labor Day - but I would also say part of it is where people sit. There are many times my kids want to go to a BB game (only FB season ticket holder) and if I cant get decent seats I am not interested in going. I want a decent seat or I will watch from home - call me names if you must. :-0 I dont want to go to the HCC and sit in section 216 row XX. If I wanted to go to the game Friday and all the seats were back row upper levels I probably would not purchase them - however if they are in section 131 row 12 I am all in. The issue is that seat in 131 row 12 was not showing as available unitl 10 am today. My 2 cents and I could be short a penny.
There really isnt a bad seat in the house. If the casual fan is not willing to spend $20 on decent seat why would they spend $80 for a great seat. Someone who really wanted to spend $80 on a seat would call the ticket office or go to the secondary market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom