Is the BYU/UConn game sold out? | The Boneyard

Is the BYU/UConn game sold out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does The Rent have lots of sold out games? Its capacity is 40,000 ,+/- isn't it? Since I've never had the pleasure of attending a game there I was wondering how the crowd noise level will be on my Cougars. Lavell Edwards stadium holds around 64,000 and gets quite loud but I know that crowd size and the noise level don't always go hand in hand. Will Taysom Hill and crew have headaches from the loudness?

Reaction Score
Not sold out yet, I expect it to be by game day (or very close to it). Stadium does get loud, especially at night games.

Well played BoatShow.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not sold out yet, I expect it to be by game day (or very close to it). Stadium does get loud, especially at night games.

Well played BoatShow.

Even if its not technically sold out by game time they will announce a sellout crowd. There are less than 1,250 seats left, as of last night.

Reaction Score
The Michigan game last year was one of the loudest events I've ever been to and I've been to a lot of live sporting events.

If UCONN is up or close you will be very surprised how loud it gets.

Reaction Score
Even if its not technically sold out by game time they will announce a sellout crowd. There are less than 1,250 seats left, as of last night.
Now how do we get these people to go inside before the playing of the National Anthem or better yet before the team comes thru the student section? Can't F#cken wait!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Now how do we get these people to go inside before the playing of the National Anthem or better yet before the team comes thru the student section? Can't F#cken wait!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!

According to Dez, security will be moving people along 30 minutes prior to game time. We'll see how that goes...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lmao @BoatShow . As soon as I finished the byu guys post, I was just waiting for someone to reference that old RG3 quote.

Gotta be right up there in terms of uninteresting interesting facts with the denham Brown 100 point game.

Reaction Score
I was in Michigan Stadium for the opener in 2010. The noise generated by 113k didn't match some of the biggest games at the Rent. The Pitt game in 04 and the Michigan game last year were the loudest games I've attended at the Rent. Both were night games. I expect a rowdy crowd rallying behind the new coach.

Reaction Score
Lmao @BoatShow . As soon as I finished the byu guys post, I was just waiting for someone to reference that old RG3 quote.

Gotta be right up there in terms of uninteresting interesting facts with the denham Brown 100 point game.

I'll bite:

Jon Robinson: Another cool thing they have in [Madden] is the atmosphere from the crowd, where they're cheering wildly for the home team, while making it tough on the road teams to call audibles with all the crowd noise. When you were at Baylor, what was the toughest place for you to play in terms of crowd noise?

Robert Griffin III: The thing that people think is when you go to these big stadiums and they have 80,000 people or 100,000 people, that these are the toughest stadiums to play at, but really, those aren't. When you have that many people, most of the time, the fans are pretty far away from the field. The toughest places to play are the ones that are jam-packed, are really tight to the field, and sit about 45,000 people. When we played at UConn my freshman year, that was the loudest place I've ever been as a football player. The stands are right next to the field, it was packed, and everyone was yelling. That was probably the coolest place for me to play at aside from Texas, Texas A&M, and Nebraska.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vid...ii-talks-video-games-draft?readmore=fullstory

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Not even in the same universe. God forbid we refute the narrative that UConn fans don't support the team.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not even in the same universe. God forbid we refute the narrative that UConn fans don't support the team.

Yeah like maybe bringing up our overall home win/loss record or our record at home against the spread.

It's just funny people cling to that quote and constantly bring it up is all.

Another one of my favorites is when upstater rehashes the Nebraska AAU dismissal as if it were in shakespearian theater lol.

The rent is loud, the rent at night can be especially loud. I think byu will be in for a little bit of a surprise.

Reaction Score
Opening night games at the Rent always make for a good atmosphere to watch a football game. Usually they've been against cupcakes (but after the Towson debacle last year we can't use that term loosely anymore). But for BYU coming in for a national TV game, and UConn with a new energetic coach in HCBD bringing a new attitude, you can expect the crowd to be fired up and bringing the noise.

Reaction Score
Yeah like maybe bringing up our overall home win/loss record or our record at home against the spread.

It's just funny people cling to that quote and constantly bring it up is all.

Another one of my favorites is when upstater rehashes the Nebraska AAU dismissal as if it were in shakespearian theater lol.

The rent is loud, the rent at night can be especially loud. I think byu will be in for a little bit of a surprise.

A visiting fan specifically asks about the crowd noise, and the quote from RGIII isn't applicable or interesting as an answer? We all know night games can be electric and incredibly loud. But we have a quote from a Heisman winner who has played in front of crowds twice the size to support our arguments, but that's not applicable?

If someone asks about the crowd noise, why would we talk about the home/loss record, or homerecord ATS?

If I ask you what it's like to go to a UConn vs. Syracuse game at Gampel, would you respond with an analysis of Boeheim's zone defense?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
My job is to make sure that BYU hears ME. The job of the other 40,000 people is to make sure that they don't. But let me tell you something....the 40,000 are going to have their work cut out for them, because I'm bringing my friggin' "A-game"...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@WingU-Conn Valid points, I'm not trying to discredit the RG3 quote, just pointing out it's always the go to quote (which BoatShow was poking fun at initially as well).

I would say crowd noise/atmosphere and the home W/L or record ATS go hand in hand but that's another point.

BoatShow made a funny comment, I acknowledged it, didn't want to incite a debate over metrics to determine/ explain crowd noise to opposing fans haha.

We can all agree August 29 can't come here fast enough.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My job is to make sure that BYU hears ME. The job of the other 40,000 people is to make sure that they don't. But let me tell you something....the 40,000 are going to have their work cut out for them, because I'm bringing my friggin' "A-game"...
Plans and performance are two different things. You threw down the gauntlet. You better type with hoarse fingers come Saturday Morning Aug. 30. :)

Reaction Score
A visiting fan specifically asks about the crowd noise, and the quote from RGIII isn't applicable or interesting as an answer? We all know night games can be electric and incredibly loud. But we have a quote from a Heisman winner who has played in front of crowds twice the size to support our arguments, but that's not applicable?

If someone asks about the crowd noise, why would we talk about the home/loss record, or homerecord ATS?

If I ask you what it's like to go to a UConn vs. Syracuse game at Gampel, would you respond with an analysis of Boeheim's zone defense?

Leave him alone, he's always been a little dense.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'll stop using the RGIII quote the minute everyone else on the planet stops referencing the 4,000 tickets we bought for the Fiesta Bowl, because at least the RGIII quote is accurate.

Reaction Score
There was a lot of thought put into the design of Rentschler field. Sight lines, orientation, and acoustics, all of it. The press tower reflects crowd noise back into the stadium. If the third deck is ever built opposite the tower, the place will be one of the loudest crowd noise arenas around.

The issue, of course in getting there, in reproducing the past - is actually having the people in the stands, making noise!! The loudest game I can remember in Rentschler field was the North Carolina game in 2009 now? Long time ago now. Coach Butch knew he was very lucky to get out of our arena that day with that 12-10 win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom