Is Tennessee v LSU Threadworthy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is Tennessee v LSU Threadworthy

Reaction Score
Indeed, that's part of my comparison, I mentioned by saying UConn has the #1 OOC SOS (which implies they have multiple ranked wins and against ranked opponents if they go look at it) and also playing with 5-7 players but yet the AP/Coaches Poll voters still have UConn at #5...IMO, voters must not know whether UConn is legit as well. Let me ask you, do you feel UConn is getting their fair shake from the voters?

I was simply replying to the poster who said, "It is strange that 21 games in and nobody really knows if LSU is legit". I gave my reasons suggesting as to why that may be the case for LSU.

You didn't like the reference to the cross? :D I added for extra drama effect.
Way too dramatic for my tastes :D UConn doesn't need any extra drama this season.

Reaction Score
Charlie Crème's latest bracketolgy has Huskies and Tigers in same region it might be easy road to final four for UConn. I don't think LSU is overrated as far as starting 5 is concerned, but they will probably struggle in tournament due to lack of depth and consistency. If UConn is healthy, I think it's a toss up between them and SCar.

Reaction Score
I'm not impressed by LSU. Hardly anyone showed up for them other than Morris and Reese and Angel didn't play that well except for her trademark rebounding.
I thought flau'jae and Ladazhia did exactly what was needed of them. Flau'jae defense of Horston was top notch and included 5 steals, and 8 rebounds. Williams was her steady solid self. Smith scored 6 in 4 1/2 minutes. I think she got hit in nose and didn't return. And how great is it that Reese ended up with 17/18 and 3 steals and that's when she "didn't play well."

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I saw this differently. Tenessee's bigs frustrated her and she went into a shell. She wanted to make this a show, per the LSU theme for the season. Towards the end of the first half you could see her trying to create something and had those two wild drives to the hoop.

What I didn't understand is how she wasn't called for a tech in the second half. Poa got called for clapping towards Puckett. Reese licks her fingers and dances after getting a foul and not a peep. When you compare them, they both seemed minor, so I'm confused why Poa got hit with the technical from a consistency perspective.

I think the first part is accurate. She didn't get a lot of touches early (outside of the game opening basket), picked up an early charge and I think got visibly frustrated and forced the issue. Rebounding wise I thought the intensity was lacking in the 1st (only 4 boards, Tennessee dominated the offensive glass) but in the second she flipped a switch and was a lot more active going after rebounds and seeking out contact.

Agree with what @tigers4ever said about the validation for Poa's tech but not Reese's.

Reaction Score
I think the first part is accurate. She didn't get a lot of touches early (outside of the game opening basket), picked up an early charge and I think got visibly frustrated and forced the issue. Rebounding wise I thought the intensity was lacking in the 1st (only 4 boards, Tennessee dominated the offensive glass) but in the second she flipped a switch and was a lot more active going after rebounds and seeking out contact.

Agree with what @tigers4ever said about the validation for Poa's tech but not Reese's.
I considered the finger licking as taunting, similar to Poa's clapping, especially since she drew the foul off of Jackson on that play.

Reaction Score
I considered the finger licking as taunting, similar to Poa's clapping, especially since she drew the foul off of Jackson on that play.
Well then I guess it's lucky for LSU you weren't the ref last night.
But really, it can be a fine line but I think taunting needs to be directed at a person. That's why pulling on your jersey chest, screaming or howling to the student section or flexing your muscles etc is not teed up. They are not directed at a person. Ftr, Im not a fan of the finger licking. First time I remember seeing it was when Jamies Winston did it. Didn't like it then, didn't really like it last night but I do like Angel's attitude. She keeps the team pumped up. Morris has one of the purest shots in the NCAA and if it takes Reese getting on her to keep her engaged instead of Mulkey benching her, that's a great trade off.

Reaction Score
Reese is very fortunate she did not get technical. Announcers even mentioned this. I have not watched a lot of LSU games but in few I have watched, at least one player got a technical or a warning.

I am very surprised Kim has allowed the taunting and show boating to continue. It is not the best look for LSU and could likely cost them games in the future, especially in NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Well then I guess it's lucky for LSU you weren't the ref last night.
But really, it can be a fine line but I think taunting needs to be directed at a person. That's why pulling on your jersey chest, screaming or howling to the student section or flexing your muscles etc is not teed up. They are not directed at a person. Ftr, Im not a fan of the finger licking. First time I remember seeing it was when Jamies Winston did it. Didn't like it then, didn't really like it last night but I do like Angel's attitude. She keeps the team pumped up. Morris has one of the purest shots in the NCAA and if it takes Reese getting on her to keep her engaged instead of Mulkey benching her, that's a great trade off.
Exactly, a very fine line. Personally, I thought it was directed at Jackson because they were very competitive against each other last night. Similar to when she got T'd for the stare down after the block a few games back.

Her passion and energy is definitely contagious however there are times where it's getting pretty close, sometimes over that line from what I'm seeing.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom