Is SCar at UConn threadworthy? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Is SCar at UConn threadworthy?

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Stop with that, already. UConn was deliberately fouling at the end of the game.

The inbounds was a horrible miss on the refs part but the refs were bad both ways. Fans are going to think their team got the worst of it - such is fandom.
Where was SC player every possession denied freedom of movement while cutting. Exactly what Geno was talking about and most of the best basketball coaches want,

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I really hope Fudd is healthy and available if we meet again. Due to her issues in the previous two matchup, she has not shown very much in those two games.
She was injured in one and sick in the other.

Reaction Score
I was a bit surprised SC didn’t utilize the bench as much as I expected to. Felt like SC was really slowing the pace in the 2nd half, which benefited a short handed UConn. Tbh I was expecting Dawn to sub often and wear UConn down right away with fresh legs and speed.
We called some timeouts when I thought UConn might be tired, but since we weren't going deep into the bench, we might well have been too.

Reaction Score
Haha I'm glad I wasn't the only one screaming at the TV about Dorka not getting called for obvious fouls. I was visibly agitated in the 1st quarter. I thought she had two obvious fouls in the first 5 minutes of the game and neither were called. Once I realized the refs were letting them play physical, I kind of let it go. Granted towards the end of the game after Geno's temper tantrum, the refs started calling those fouls and for whatever reason they keyed in on Amihere for very similar fouls that they didn't call on Dorka. I guess it is what it is.
What they called for UConn the entire game was where defense recovered on an open drive and there was minimal contact. Some of those there was some body contact, some looked fairly phantom. There was a sequence where Cardoso got whistled for very little and within a minute or so didn't get whistled for a block where there was probably more hip contact.

On the other end there were blocks where there was body or arm or in one case face contact that was let go.

I tend to think that when teams collapse on a player inside the officials tend to overlook contact that is technically a foul.

Also officials love ticky tack perimeter stuff while believing getting fouled in the lane is your own fault.

I don't think the officials had a significant effect on the game. They even gave Geno's technical back to UConn. That was charitable.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What they called for UConn the entire game was where defense recovered on an open drive and there was minimal contact. Some of those there was some body contact, some looked fairly phantom. There was a sequence where Cardoso got whistled for very little and within a minute or so didn't get whistled for a block where there was probably more hip contact.

On the other end there were blocks where there was body or arm or in one case face contact that was let go.

I tend to think that when teams collapse on a player inside the officials tend to overlook contact that is technically a foul.

Also officials love ticky tack perimeter stuff while believing getting fouled in the lane is your own fault.

I don't think the officials had a significant effect on the game. They even gave Geno's technical back to UConn. That was charitable.
I know you guys hate the T on Amihere but the refs are going to call that every single time.

Just to piss off the LV fans, during a UConn-Tenn game years ago a UConn player fouled out and the LV that was fouled, Michelle Snow, “celebrated” by slamming the ball down. It was a tight game and the T Snow got was costly.

Ah, the good old days.

Reaction Score
I know you guys hate the T on Amihere but the refs are going to call that every single time.

Just to piss off the LV fans, during a UConn-Tenn game years ago a UConn player fouled out and the LV that was fouled, Michelle Snow, “celebrated” by slamming the ball down. It was a tight game and the T Snow got was costly.

Ah, the good old days.

**cardoso with the T

Reaction Score

Ah, the good old days.

See, I didn't think it was much.

I watched it for first time after I knew it didn't impact the outcome so it was about unbiased as I could have been. Which is still pretty biased.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
See, I didn't think it was much.

I watched it for first time after I knew it didn't impact the outcome so it was about unbiased as I could have been. Which is still pretty biased.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Didn't see the post game pressers posted anywhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom