Is Saturday the biggest day for this program since the 2014 natty? | The Boneyard

Is Saturday the biggest day for this program since the 2014 natty?

Orc

Reaction Score
I can’t remember the fan base being more excited for a game since then. Full house…. National TV… Huskies. PC fans in the building beware…
PC is not our “Super Bowl” :)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why do we do silly $#!t like this? The half dozen or so PC lurkers are going to take this back to whatever board they post on and claim they are in our heads and we view them above any other rival (that in itself is unimportant as they can promote any delusions they want in their board).

What it will do is provide the handful of their fans (who, when they feel brave, start annoying us on this board claiming the programs are peers and that each needs the other) sufficient internet cajones to return here for a week or so.

Reaction Score
Why do we do silly $#!t like this? The half dozen or so PC lurkers are going to take this back to whatever board they post on and claim they are in our heads and we view them above any other rival (that in itself is unimportant as they can promote any delusions they want in their board).

What it will do is provide the handful of their fans (who, when they feel brave, start annoying us on this board claiming the programs are peers and that each needs the other) sufficient internet cajones to return here for a week or so.

Why? Because in this internet age, wild overstatements aren’t considered to be a bad thing.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I can’t remember the fan base being more excited for a game since then. Full house…. National TV… Huskies. PC fans in the building beware…
I’m excited about it and I don’t care if that emboldens other fans on other message boards.

Reaction Score

It’s not that deep

Reaction Score
While not the biggest day, this is the most amped I've been to attend a live game since the 2014 S16 and E8 at MSG.
Yeah. Probably should’ve worded this better. Not the most important game on paper in the last 7 years, but the most amped I’ve been for one.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
This game is huge and it's not because of the opponent. Although, PC is a good one for this game. They are a semi-respectable program, within driving distance, and have a bunch of alumni in the area (I know about 10 personally). It could be any BE opponent (except for DePaul maybe), and the base would be revving to go.

We are ranked. It's our first home game back in the BE. We are coming off a good win, and have had a good overall start to the season. We are in Hartford. It's a Saturday evening game.

I know my friends and I have had this one circled, and I can tell you that Providence doesn't know what they are walking into. Our players are going to realize why they came to UConn.

L. F. G.

Reaction Score
Most of the traditional strong BE programs are gone, so PC wins by default. The best of the least.

Reaction Score
We’ve played multiple NCAA tournament games since 2014.

Saturday is a regular season game in December against a team that’s not even that good.
We also play number 1 seed Kansa in the round of 32 in 2016.
That a regular season game against PC is more exiting is their idea of a big game says more about the fan than reality.
Big games hierarchy
NCAA games in ascending order 64,32, 16,8,4,NC
1.League Championship games
2. Regular season Games for first place
3. Games against ranked opponents
OOC or the in Conference
4, Any conference road win
5. And conference home win
6 OOC against lower teams

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online