Is Nova in a P5? | The Boneyard

Is Nova in a P5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Joe Lunardi just said that Nova is the class of a Power 5 conference. Have I missed something and the new BE is now a P5?

Reaction Score
It's probably just a matter of semantics. The Big East as a whole has performed very well this season, and Nova is the cream of the crop in that league. In my mind they are very deserving of a #1 seed.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
P5 as a rule refers to only the ACC, B1G, B12, PAC, and SEC.

My guess is catholic school homerism?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
P5 as a rule refers to only the ACC, B1G, B12, PAC, and SEC.

My guess is catholic school homerism?

That's what my understanding was/is - thanks

Reaction Score
Unless the regionals are in Philly, they will suffer the same fate as last year.:(
:(:(:(

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Totally off topic but Nova nice.. Have only been showing it recently... They fill every position nicely,I honestly enjoy watching them because its good basketball

Reaction Score
Do you get alerts to your phone every time the new big east or PC is mentioned on a random message board?

You PC guys are beyond sad.

P.S. They got owned by the team who finished 3rd in our conference last year in the NCAA tournament.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
FriarJ is by far the better/more productive of our two favorite PC fans. I'm glad he's here and not the other guy.

Reaction Score
Joe Lunardi just said that Nova is the class of a Power 5 conference. Have I missed something and the new BE is now a P5?

In basketball... Yes. the Big East is one of top five conference so I think he is right.

In football terms, they are not in a Power 5 for obvious reasons.

These media terms are bound to create confusion. ESPN wants to seperate the football Power-5 leagues from everyone else but the separation is becoming hard to push when the Big East basically hasn't lost a beat and has 3/10 in the top 25 and 6/10 running for NCAA bids. Its hard to ignore the strength of that league and the fact that it is outperforming even the ACC as a whole

The Big East is like a cat with 7 lives. The more you try to kill it, the more they come back to haunt you.

I mean... Look how garbage is the Pac-12 in basketball... and then look at the lower 2/3 of the ACC and see how embarrassing it is to that conference... Then look around at the SEC and all the garbage behind Kentucky... The only conferences that lead the pack from the football Power-5 is the Big12, half of the B10, top 5 of the ACC...

The Big East has to be second to the B12 right now in terms of out-of-conference success.

I can't understand why the college basketball fans of UConn have such hatred for the only league that has a basketball-centric mentality. It doesn't fit in my mind how there is so much bashing and hatred for the basketball Big East. This has to stop. This fan base looks silly.

FriarJ and the other guy also need to relax and cut the back-and-forth crap

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Insecure boat???? Says the guy that lives on the message board of another team!!! Now that is funny......

Reaction Score

Truth is J you need to do your homework prior to even spewing anything here. We kicked their a**es last year after they completely dominated the NBE. So as far as we're concerned no matter how bad a year we're having, your conference may be a little overrated despite some early success out of the conference. They kicked Friar butt last night and if you want to be a serious contender for anything other than the NCAA 1st round one/done or NIT your guys need to do better than that, much better!

For now wrong place, wrong time

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
You all have to realize, Friar J and seanmc94 have transitioned.

They are no longer fans of the BE, or even Providence.

They have become full time fan bois of the Boneyard.

Reaction Score

upload_2015-2-25_7-47-40.png

As you can seen, championships keep our boat of insecurity afloat.

Reaction Score

They sure seem to recruit like a P5 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom