Is next season "our" time? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Is next season "our" time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess I'd ask this about P. How long did it take to realize Ollie can coach? Half a season?

Why does P get 6 times as long to prove he can't?

Yeah, he's only been here for 24 months. It took him almost two full seasons to win two games in a row with a team that went to bowl every season.

Lost to Western Michigan.

Twice.

Time outs?

Not necessary.

Taking a knee?

Not in the playbook.

Reaction Score
Where is the right place?

Next season will not be our right time. Because we don't have a good coaching team. The one coordinator that was worth a damn fired Coach P this winter.

How is that not on topic?
Not on this thread. Some place else. Save this for football, not stupid stuff.

I am tired of hiding from constant malcontents. Stop it. Stop it this instant. Stop whining about the coaches. Go to another world!!!!!!!

We have at least one year if not more. No use in wasting bandwidth.

We sound like little babies on this board

Reaction Score
Despite losing several standouts on the defense, including the coach, I still think we will be fine there.

It will be the same as last year. The difference between winning and losing will be the offense. And a ton of question marks remain. The hope is that a new O Coordinator, coupled with another year experience for the players (especially the O Line), will bring a bowl game. The line never played well together as a unit. And while Whitmer showed flashes, he made some pretty poor decisions with the football, which cannot be blamed on the O Coordinator at all. We desparately need a second running back to emerge to compliment McCombs. Again, people say it was the O Coordinator being stubborn, but I believe that the staff simply wasn't confident in the backup choices. As with other positions, we need to hope another year to get stronger, acclimated to the 1-A game has helped the backups.

GETTING THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK:

Like I said the loss of Brown I don't think will help this team...actually (and bear with me) I think we will be BETTER on defense

While Brown's scheme was exciting and was statistically very good, it gave up a lot of big plays off the blitz and did not produce nearly enough INTs or Fumbles to be worth it......the numbers were skewed because the defense would have an amazing game (UMass) and then give up a ton of yards (WMU) and then that would average out pretty low

I'm especially excited about the Linebacking corps
- Vann, Ashiru, Stewart, Donohue, Smallwood, Hicks...I mean I could go one, but you get the point

The only area of concern is CB, but the young guns have had the chance to learn under Gratz/BWW for two years now so I think we will be pleasantly surprised (Williams, Clark, Stephenson and of course we have Mack returning)

Now the offense I'll leave to someone else to talk about, but I think this has excitement all over it with Weist coming in and Buggs talking about using AT LEAST two backs....CAN'T WAIT

Reaction Score

I am tired of hiding from constant malcontents. Stop it. Stop it this instant. Stop whining about the coaches. Go to another world!!!!!!!

We let you people have the Senior Bowl thread. Have at it!

Next year will not be our year. How can we discuss what the prospects of next season will be without discussing how bad the HC is?

We should have a countdown banner the top of the board counting down till the start of the beginning of Paul Pasqualoni's last season at UConn, that would give people something to look forward too!

Reaction Score
Newspaper headline "Weist hired to jump start Uconn offense". How often do you see that as headline for the hiring of a new OC to replace a previous OC "who the still being retained head coach did not want to replace". Couple that with new DC (by his choice to leave) and sure seems like hopes for next year sure rest on coaching.

Should I think:

PP has shown he is the Nick Saban of Uconn and will continue the excellent 2 year run of Uconn football in the future regardless of who he brings in as Coordinators, or

Uconn's performance in 2013 rests on "Weist jump starting Uconn's offense" and getting a DC who can get his scheme in and effective in the 1st year.

I'm optimistic about 2013 because I think GDL was that incompetent; and there is plenty of talent returning on defense.

Reaction Score

Yeah!!!! Paul Pasqualoni is a dynamic coach who has instituted the vaunted Point a minute offense. Air Pasqualoni! On the ground or through the air, PP's team was setting offensive records the last two seasons.

Wins and Losses . . . . vastly overated. Beside PP is the winningest coach in BE history. He must be the best. Hope he's around for a couple of decades.

How's that for "another world"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc