OT: - Is LeBron Still the Best? | The Boneyard

OT: Is LeBron Still the Best?

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score

So many embarrassing plays like this on top of a massively disappointing season from LA. Personally I think Giannis has passed him, he’s got a mentality like Kobe and goes out there to kill. Literally no one in the NBA Adan guard him.

Reaction Score
Didn't he do the same thing against the Clippers but missed the shot. Weird to go back to that same exact play lol...To be fair, I am a "Lebron Hater" but it's stupid to roast him for this Laker season. The team is just not very good. We've seen him carry mediocre teams in the east to the final about 200 times.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Currently the best?

Nah. Top 5? Sure. But I'd definitely put KD, Greek ahead of him. I'd listen to debates on a few others as well.

With Bron Bron passing MJ on the scoring list, the top 4 scorers in NBA history- Jabbar, Malone, Kobe and Lebron all spent time with the Lakers. After MJ, you get Chamberlain and Shaq in the top ten as well.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
LeBron is still the best. Stop making up drama. All these guys you are saying are "better" all have all-stars around them. LeBron is just playing for a poorly constructed/young team.

caw

Reaction Score
Ignoring health, switch him with Durant and Giannis and I’m not sure the teams have vastly different records.

Lakers would be helped some by the health this season of the other two, if you factor in the games Lebron missed.

You could argue the Lakers may be worse with Giannis but may be better with Durant because of the individual spacing ability. I feel the Lakers with Giannis would be like the Bucks with Jason Kidd at the helm. Durant however may fit better bc he is the best shooter of the three.

That said it’s closer than ever but it’s not surprising, Lebron is getting older while young players are maturing.

Reaction Score

So many embarrassing plays like this on top of a massively disappointing season from LA. Personally I think Giannis has passed him, he’s got a mentality like Kobe and goes out there to kill. Literally no one in the NBA Adan guard him.

I think he’s using this footage for his space jam movie ;)

Reaction Score
Lebron could be the best player on the planet. He's just not playing like it. Been lazy and unmotivated it seems.

But who takes the throne? Giannis can't shoot. Harden has his own weaknesses. Not sure there's anyone there to take it yet.

Reaction Score
i subscribe to the bill simmons theory that someone has to *take* the title from a player like lebron.

if the lakers miss the playoffs (they will) and giannis leads his team on a deep run through the east... there might be a new sheriff in town.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ignoring health, switch him with Durant and Giannis and I’m not sure the teams have vastly different records.

Lakers would be helped some by the health this season of the other two, if you factor in the games Lebron missed.

You could argue the Lakers may be worse with Giannis but may be better with Durant because of the individual spacing ability. I feel the Lakers with Giannis would be like the Bucks with Jason Kidd at the helm. Durant however may fit better bc he is the best shooter of the three.

That said it’s closer than ever but it’s not surprising, Lebron is getting older while young players are maturing.

That's just about fit though. KD is a far better fit than LeBron for the Warriors, with his shooting, length, and personality. LeBron would throw the team dynamic off there in an instant.

Reaction Score
The best whiner absolutely. Never see Giannis bitch about a call he just plays. And while his supporting cast is better than Lebrons it's not enough to worry about. Lebrons still really good but these kids are better, and they get less calls than he does.

Reaction Score
MJ will always be the best until someone can grab 6 and maybe even 7 the way he got his 6. 6>3. Also, there are better in todays game too.

Any way, Lebron might have passed MJ in points but he also has like a 5 years advantage, MJ went to UNI for three years and sat out 2 years to play bball. Imagine how many more points MJ would have had, had he played a least 3 of those 5 years. What if Kareem had not played 4 years of college ball, imagine how many more points he would have had. But again, not even about points, just 6>3. (6-0 too, vs, like 3-6)...

Jordan, Kareem or Russell, Wilt, Kobe are the mt. rushmore of all time greats. Lebron would maybe get a big statue in an honory museum very close by along with Bird, Magic, Duncan, Oscar and Ray and players of that level.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think it is now at least arguable. It previously wasn't. Nobody stays on top forever, not Magic and Bird, not MJ, not Lebron. Giannis is amazing but still isn't quite as versatile as Lebron has been in the past. Durant is great with great team around him. Harden is as unguardable as anyone.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
LeBron is still the best. Stop making up drama. All these guys you are saying are "better" all have all-stars around them. LeBron is just playing for a poorly constructed/young team.
Not making any drama. Sparking discussion because it used to not be. It’s fairly close now, LeBron has put in 0 effort this year defensively and a little on offense.

Reaction Score
MJ will always be the best until someone can grab 6 and maybe even 7 the way he got his 6. 6>3. Also, there are better in todays game too.

Any way, Lebron might have passed MJ in points but he also has like a 5 years advantage, MJ went to UNI for three years and sat out 2 years to play bball. Imagine how many more points MJ would have had, had he played a least 3 of those 5 years. What if Kareem had not played 4 years of college ball, imagine how many more points he would have had. But again, not even about points, just 6>3. (6-0 too, vs, like 3-6)...

Jordan, Kareem or Russell, Wilt, Kobe are the mt. rushmore of all time greats. Lebron would maybe get a big statue in an honory museum very close by along with Bird, Magic, Duncan, Oscar and Ray and players of that level.
Kobe doesn't fit. There certainly aren't going to be many people taking Kobe over Magic, Bird, Lebron, and Oscar. Ray Allen also doesn't deserve to be mentioned with any of those names.

Reaction Score
I think he's clearly still the best. He's just being a pouty diva like he's always been when things don't go his way. He's coasting. It's embarrassing behavior but that doesn't mean he's still not the best player in the world.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Whatever you think of LeBron, he's lightyears better than Kobe.

Jordan, Russell, Kareem, and LeBron is your Rushmore.
oh really? let's look closer at two straight outta highschool players.
LeBron. 4 league mvp, 3 Finals mvp, 15 allstar games, 1 scoring champ, 12 all-nba teams, 5 all defensive teams, 3 rings. and four different teams.
kobe. 1 league mvp, 2 Finals mvp, 18 allstar games, 2 scoring champs, 15 all-nba teams, 12 all-defensive teams,
5 rings. and just one team.
are u certain LeBron will at least tie kobe in scoring champs, allstar games, all-nba teams, all defensive teams, and rings? i'm not.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I think LBJ has played about 148 more games than MJ?

LeBron 'crying' on the sideline when the record was announced is an ALL TIME LeBron moment. Died laughing.

The upside of LeBron in LA is it's provided so many moments to just shake your head this year. I'm actually enjoying it immensely.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kobe doesn't fit. There certainly aren't going to be many people taking Kobe over Magic, Bird, Lebron, and Oscar. Ray Allen also doesn't deserve to be mentioned with any of those names.

Kobe is not in the Top 10. Not seriously anyway.

Kobe doesn't fit. There certainly aren't going to be many people taking Kobe over Magic, Bird, Lebron, and Oscar.

All of Hollywood and most of Orange country and his mother but that's about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom