Is J Carey on campus tomorrow? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is J Carey on campus tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With his family, coaches?? Thx for the insight. Now skip the rest of your classes and follow them around taking pictures. The Boneyards happiness trumps any classes or grades this semester in case you needed to know.

3 or 4 people other than him came out of his car. Assuming family. I was walking away and one looked like it could've been Killings but not totally sure.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nope, I was walking back from class at just the right time haha.
Classes? Classes?
Who needs freak'n classes?

Do kids go to classes?
I didn't see the inside of a classroom my last 6 semesters except to take finals, etc
Once, a prof didn't believe I was even in his class at midterm!!!

But as I told my kids, do as I say not as I did!!!

Thanks JimOllie - good luck this semester and keep those eyes open for the reports on recruits

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
On the overnight itself the player will stay in the apartments with the team and the parents will stay in the Nathan Hale. They must just stay in Hartford the night before.

Nathan Hale is still a hotel?

Reaction Score
Nathan Hale is still a hotel?
Yes but during the school year something like half the rooms are used as dorms. I don't know anyone who has ever stayed there during the school year besides recruits' parents but it still operates as a hotel in some capacity. UConn's plan is to turn it into a dorm as soon as they can get a developer to put a hotel near campus.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Yes but during the school year something like half the rooms are used as dorms. I don't know anyone who has ever stayed there during the school year besides recruits' parents but it still operates as a hotel in some capacity. UConn's plan is to turn it into a dorm as soon as they can get a developer to put a hotel near campus.

When I was a UConn my friend lived in Nathan hale for a year...and the front desk person would say that it was mainly students.

Reaction Score
When I was a UConn my friend lived in Nathan hale for a year...and the front desk person would say that it was mainly students.
In 2015, 50 of the 98 rooms acted as triples dorms. Idk what the ratio is now but I know it still acts fully as a hotel during the summer and partially during the academic year

Reaction Score
They should just have them stay at the altnaveigh inn and have the best dining experience around storrs.

Reaction Score
Regarding on campus hotel- more info here: UConn seeking hotel developer

and yes having a hotel within walking distance of campus is a pretty common thing

"On campus" versus "Walking distance from campus" are two different things. I went to Wake Forest and we certainly didn't have an on campus hotel...I don't think I've actually ever been on a campus where a hotel was actually on campus.

Reaction Score
"On campus" versus "Walking distance from campus" are two different things. I went to Wake Forest and we certainly didn't have an on campus hotel...I don't think I've actually ever been on a campus where a hotel was actually on campus.

At The University of Memphis, the School of Hospitality and Resort Management building is a fully functioning Holiday Inn. It's a pretty cool set-up.

college-photo_5717..JPG

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
On campus? Is it common to have a hotel actually on a campus?

Yes. If not on campus, literally right across the street. I'd say it's more odd to not have multiple hotels around large, state universities than to not have them.

Reaction Score
Not to turn this into a full blown campus hotel thread but the campuses I've most recently been on (Georgetown, Georgia, Georgia Tech and UConn) all have hotels

Reaction Score
At The University of Memphis, the School of Hospitality and Resort Management building is a fully functioning Holiday Inn. It's a pretty cool set-up.

college-photo_5717..JPG

Memphis could've helped its academic reputation if it went with a Holiday Inn Express. "I'm not a great student, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom