Is it time to start playing for next year? | The Boneyard

Is it time to start playing for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our only chance is the AAC tourney. But that seems unlikely.

So why not play the rotation we will see next year? Give TSam many more minutes at the point. Let both Purvis and DHam get many more touches. Experiment with starting line ups. Maybe bring Boat off the bench. Work on getting the players we need next to develop a little quicker. Cuz what we're doing, ain't working.

Reaction Score
Our only chance is the AAC tourney. But that seems unlikely.

So why not play the rotation we will see next year? Give TSam many more minutes at the point. Let both Purvis and DHam get many more touches. Experiment with starting line ups. Maybe bring Boat off the bench. Work on getting the players we need next to develop a little quicker. Cuz what we're doing, ain't working.

Bring boat off the bench?....

I think it's time you go to sleep

Reaction Score
Bring Boat of the bench? Um no. Lubin should be getting more minutes, take them out of Facey's. That's about the only play here. Recruit another point guard as I don't see TSam getting much better.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Boat's not coming off the bench, but after today's performance, I think Nolan/Lubin should start the next game over Brimah/Facey. It's not that I think they'd do any better, but some kind of message has to be sent. Facey is taking heat but Brimah has been having some poor games as of late and others in which his stat line makes his performance look better than it actually was. A good example would be today's game in which he missed a double-double by just 1 rebound, but still managed to play very poorly.

Reaction Score
This is a worse thread than even I can dream up. Boat coming off the bench?

Reaction Score
If we start tanking now, we can get a chance at the #1 recruit in next year's NCAA draft, right??? :eek:

We might have to compete against Florida A&M for that one, since they are 0-21 right now. :p

Reaction Score
Just got better than even money Katy perry will show cleavage at half time.. That should derail any boat of the bench conversation.

Reaction Score
I think we ought to try shifting TSam to a larger PG role, and shift Boat to the 2 and pretend he's Jalen next year. That's how it's going to be, and Boat at the 1 is simply not working out well so far this season, so why not try it

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think I would let TSam and/or DHam play point and put Boat at the 2 for parts of the game.
I would keep. AB, DHam and Facey underneath but have Facey pop out for some 10-15 footers.
OC can sit until he shows desire on D and bang the boards. RP can sit until he gets a heart and a brain.
I really think PN could have helped today but not SamC Jr

Really need to look at some JC and/or xfer players. Need some age, grit and experience going into next year

Wow - yeah let's bring Boat off the bench!!! Most inane statement since, let's see, 3 hours ago when it was suggested to leave KO off the plane home and/or replacing him. Some people should not drink if it makes them stupid.

Reaction Score
I think we ought to try shifting TSam to a larger PG role, and shift Boat to the 2 and pretend he's Jalen next year. That's how it's going to be, and Boat at the 1 is simply not working out well so far this season, so why not try it
While I think this is a good idea, you can't help but wonder if KO is trying to do what's best for Ryan's NBA stock and still harbors hope that he's a true PG. We saw a similar thing happen in 99-00 when Calhoun played Freeman at the 3 most of the year and only when he put at back at the 4 the team started to click.

I love TSam and his heart but we can't afford to have him log serious minutes at the 2 guard when he can't shoot. I think TSam can be another Taliek, a guy who as a strong PG can defend well and can get to the rim but is not counted on to shoot. Have we seen one alley oop to Boat yet this year? That was a staple play the last couple years and really played to his athleticism and quickness.

Reaction Score
While I think this is a good idea, you can't help but wonder if KO is trying to do what's best for Ryan's NBA stock and still harbors hope that he's a true PG. We saw a similar thing happen in 99-00 when Calhoun played Freeman at the 3 most of the year and only when he put at back at the 4 the team started to click.

I love TSam and his heart but we can't afford to have him log serious minutes at the 2 guard when he can't shoot. I think TSam can be another Taliek, a guy who as a strong PG can defend well and can get to the rim but is not counted on to shoot. Have we seen one alley oop to Boat yet this year? That was a staple play the last couple years and really played to his athleticism and quickness.
Talik shot later in his career at UCONN, I remember some big long range shots from him.

Reaction Score
It's not over till it's over. Fight till the end.

Where's the loyalty. People sound like a bunch of spoiled entitled brats since uconn is struggling this year

Reaction Score
I think I would let TSam and/or DHam play point and put Boat at the 2 for parts of the game.
I would keep. AB, DHam and Facey underneath but have Facey pop out for some 10-15 footers.
OC can sit until he shows desire on D and bang the boards. RP can sit until he gets a heart and a brain.
I really think PN could have helped today but not SamC Jr

Really need to look at some JC and/or xfer players. Need some age, grit and experience going into next year

Wow - yeah let's bring Boat off the bench!!! Most inane statement since, let's see, 3 hours ago when it was suggested to leave KO off the plane home and/or replacing him. Some people should not drink if it makes them stupid.
Hamilton play point? He is a turnover waiting to happen and can't make an jump shot. Maybe one of the most overhyped recruit ever. Facey also, can't shoot unless it is a stuff. Able to rebound though I will give him that. Put on twenty pounds of muscle and he may be okay. Ollie should recommend AB declare for the NBA draft immediately.

Reaction Score
buddy said:
Maybe one of the most overhyped recruit ever.

A non-McD's All-American is one of the most overhyped recruits ever?

I don't even know where to begin with this.

Reaction Score
Hamilton play point? He is a turnover waiting to happen and can't make an jump shot. Maybe one of the most overhyped recruit ever. Facey also, can't shoot unless it is a stuff. Able to rebound though I will give him that. Put on twenty pounds of muscle and he may be okay. Ollie should recommend AB declare for the NBA draft immediately.
This made my head hurt more and more the further I read

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
A non-McD's All-American is one of the most overhyped recruits ever?

I don't even know where to begin with this.

You know, it's the whole "He committed to play for UCONN so he's God's Gift to Basketball" complex that sometimes shows up here.

Reaction Score
Please everyone talking about Samuel being our PG, no! I don't care how many assists he's had for every assist he's made 2 awful plays. TO's are a very strange statistic as he somehow had just one yesterday but I saw 4 or 5. He is the farthest thing from an answer. Which leads me to believe we don't have many!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom