Is it time to start playing for next year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is it time to start playing for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
TSam found an open spot and made a smooth mid range jumper yesterday, so if he can do that why not do it more? It tales presure off Boat and opens up the offense for the bigs.

Reaction Score
Please everyone talking about Samuel being our PG, no! I don't care how many assists he's had for every assist he's made 2 awful plays. TO's are a very strange statistic as he somehow had just one yesterday but I saw 4 or 5. He is the farthest thing from an answer. Which leads me to believe we don't have many!
I actually think it is worth a try. It keeps RB on the floor at his most comfortable position and he is still there to share the PG guard duties. Do you really want to see OC or RP starting right now? RP is definitely the most overhyped MCD's I have ever seen. He just stinks. I wouldn't mind see Lubin being the first big man off the bench also. Need to develop the young guys. I wouldn't even mind seeing SC play more once he comes back from injury as long as never shoots anything but corner 3's. LOL!

Reaction Score
I actually think it is worth a try. It keeps RB on the floor at his most comfortable position and he is still there to share the PG guard duties. Do you really want to see OC or RP starting right now? RP is definitely the most overhyped MCD's I have ever seen. He just stinks. I wouldn't mind see Lubin being the first big man off the bench also. Need to develop the young guys. I wouldn't even mind seeing SC play more once he comes back from injury as long as never shoots anything but corner 3's. LOL!

RP may be overhyped but I'd rather have him on the court than TSam. He's just not a guy who should ever see 20 minutes or more in our lineup, he's Donnel beverly and not as protective of the ball.

Reaction Score
Talik shot later in his career at UCONN, I remember some big long range shots from him.
I only remember Talik making ONE VERY LONG RANGE shot. And it was a GREAT shot. Off the backboard but who cares. Was against Pitt as I recall and it ranks only slightly below Kemba's ankle breaker against Pitt.

Reaction Score
RP may be overhyped but I'd rather have him on the court than TSam. He's just not a guy who should ever see 20 minutes or more in our lineup, he's Donnel beverly and not as protective of the ball.
TSam is not a starting PG. He's a guy who needs to come off the bench, provide energy, and good in your face defense for 10-15 minutes a game. No more. Asking him to run the show in the half court offense should not be part of his role for this team or next years team. We need to recruit another PG who can handle the show offensively with Adams.

Reaction Score
I only remember Talik making ONE VERY LONG RANGE shot. And it was a GREAT shot. Off the backboard but who cares. Was against Pitt as I recall and it ranks only slightly below Kemba's ankle breaker against Pitt.

Believe it was nothing but net right?

Reaction Score
TSam is not a starting PG. He's a guy who needs to come off the bench, provide energy, and good in your face defense for 10-15 minutes a game. No more. Asking him to run the show in the half court offense should not be part of his role for this team or next years team. We need to recruit another PG who can handle the show offensively with Adams.
Unfortunately with this team I think having RP or OC out there is more of a liability. RB plays so much better off the ball. Unless SC comes back better than before I think it is worth trying TSAM as the starting PG. RP definitely can't handle those duties and having RB do both PG and SG is just not working. We are a very limited team so we have to try some new ways. Can't hurt having TSAM learn the Point as this team is not going to postseason this year the way they are presently made up anyhow. We have to start playing for the future. Having RB on the court will keep us in games. At least I'm not suggesting siting RB in favor of TSAM like one poster. LOL!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Donnell Beverly was the only reason I ever used Twitter. You could count on a daily knee-slapper from that guy.

Reaction Score
Our only chance is the AAC tourney. But that seems unlikely.

So why not play the rotation we will see next year? Give TSam many more minutes at the point. Let both Purvis and DHam get many more touches. Experiment with starting line ups. Maybe bring Boat off the bench. Work on getting the players we need next to develop a little quicker. Cuz what we're doing, ain't working.

we can play for next year with the lineup they have been using now. We don't need boat on the bench to see what they have for next year. all you will see is that they get blown out every game because there will be no ball handler on the court. I still want to see them compete and not give up. Boat will be gone next year and the others will have to step up now somehow. Your post is ridiculous anyway, but I just had to comment regardless.

Reaction Score

Love it. Was lucky enough to score cheap luxury box seats from a scalper right before the game. The box was directly behind that basket. Seeing that ball splash through the net was one of the happiest live sports memories I have.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Love it. Was lucky enough to score cheap luxury box seats from a scalper right before the game. The box was directly behind that basket. Seeing that ball splash through the net was one of the happiest live sports memories I have.
What amazed me the most was the play call there. If you look at Jimmy he kind of flips out and throws his arms to his side when Taliek moves back from the screen - almost like Calhoun called a double screen to get Gordon open but Taliek just popped off and was open. Funny how things work!

Reaction Score
Taliek was probably feeling it! That kid was much maligned but he had a ton of heart, played tough D, exhibited great leadership and was a flat out winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom