OT: - Is Dak Prescott out for the season? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Is Dak Prescott out for the season?

Reaction Score
Except that Watson just got that extension in September. It's wasn't there in March when the deadline existed with Prescott. Prescott's reported final offer was similar to what Wilson got (with a Super Bowl under his belt).

The Cowboys should have extended him the prior year similar to the Watson timing but that's another story.
Yeah I wasn't sure of the timing of all these Dak offers, but I definitely agree they should have extended him before the Watson one came

Reaction Score
worked out ok for Kirk Cousins....when they get franchided 3x, they get additional increases. Dak took a risk by not signing for 35M /year and that's why it's called a risk
Yeah it worked out for Cousins, doesn't make it right though that a team can do that to a player though

Reaction Score
Yeah it worked out for Cousins, doesn't make it right though that a team can do that to a player though
Players agreed to the system...what's so wrong about it? I don't think a system that pays someone 35 million/year is so bad...It's much worse for the undrafted FA RB that has the same thing happen without a huge nest egg.

Reaction Score
Deshaun Watson got $40M a year with $111M guaranteed, so to me that is below market. Can definitely argue whether he deserved it or not, but when a QB gets an extension you usually have to top the previous one (except Mahomes now because he's Mahomes)
Well hopefully Dak doesn’t get $ 0 money next year bc trying to get $5 million extra contract money.

Reaction Score
have to think that the franchise tag system will have to be dramatically changed. Can't imagine any big time player playing under one after this
It won't change for a while. It was collectively bargained and a new long term deal with the owners and NFLPA was just signed in the last year. They are stuck with it.

Reaction Score
Players agreed to the system...what's so wrong about it? I don't think a system that pays someone 35 million/year is so bad...It's much worse for the undrafted FA RB that has the same thing happen without a huge nest egg.
I think the intention of the rule is good, to allow smaller market teams to keep their star players. But in practice it just gives way too much power to teams. You're locking a player to a team for anywhere from 5-6 years in a league where the average career length is a short. Puts all or most of the risk on the player's side

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am a Giant fan, but that was just a nasty injury and I pray he heals completely.

Neither team is very good though and the NFC east stinks

Reaction Score
I think the intention of the rule is good, to allow smaller market teams to keep their star players. But in practice it just gives way too much power to teams. You're locking a player to a team for anywhere from 5-6 years in a league where the average career length is a short. Puts all or most of the risk on the player's side
I understand your point and don't disagree...but the guys who get franchised are getting life changing money with one franchise tag. The guys at the other end have the same/.higher risk of injury yet without the financial security

Reaction Score
The cowboys line sucks. Lost 2 of their best lineman for the year. It's arguably worse than the line he struggled with in Cincinnati
I could have swore that Dallas had a serviceable running back and wide receivers. I didn't realize that the only skill positions were on the O-line, my bad.

Reaction Score
The NFL Players Association sucks. If there's any sport that should have fully guaranteed contracts, it's the NFL. Maybe they have to go with shorter contracts to appease the owners, but all contracts should be fully guaranteed.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Looks like the prognosis is four to six months.

On the bad injury scale, this one was not quite as bad as the visual...sixteen weeks of healing time is not bad at all. Lots of things take a lot longer to heal....ACLs, Achille, Providence recruiting, Tommy John surgery, etc.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Demarcus Cousins bet on himself and lost $150+ million

Not sure that’s true.

The pelicans didn’t want to pay him the super max, so they traded him. They didn’t want him to become their version of John wall.

Reaction Score
Not sure that’s true.

The pelicans didn’t want to pay him the super max, so they traded him. They didn’t want him to become their version of John wall.
He passed on a $209 million extension w Kings

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He passed on a $209 million extension w Kings

sorry. It was the Kings who didn’t want to supermax him.

There’s a difference Imo.

Reaction Score
sorry. It was the Kings who didn’t want to supermax him.

There’s a difference Imo.
He said no to the extension and then they traded him after. Need to get the info right homey...https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18722737/sacramento-kings-agree-deal-demarcus-cousins-new-orleans-pelicans

Reaction Score
He said no to the extension and then they traded him after. Need to get the info right homey...https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18722737/sacramento-kings-agree-deal-demarcus-cousins-new-orleans-pelicans
No they both planned to sign the extension, then the Kings got cold feet and traded him. It's even in the article you just posted

From his agent:

"They have assured me, and DeMarcus, that the Kings won't trade him and are committed to signing DeMarcus long term. In fact, Vlade has gone on record saying exactly the same thing. If the Kings flip-flop on what they committed, that is on them.

"Under the circumstances and given the Kings' commitments, I would find it highly unlikely that DeMarcus would re-sign with a team that trades for him at this point.‎"

Reaction Score
I hate Dallas, but I hope Dak can come back and come back strong. It's amazing what hey can do these days.

My mom suffered a compound fracture of both the tibia and fibula with an ankle dislocation. Her orthopedist, who has over 20 years of experience, actually had to look away and gather himself when he saw her injury and said it was the worst he has ever seen. He usually deals with sports injuries, but luckily was the doctor on duty on August 30th. They told her she wouldn't be able to bear weight on it until March. Tuesday, she took her first walk around the house with a walker under her PT's observation. They can't believe how quickly she is healing and that she is doing so well, especially since she turn 76 a few days after the injury.

I know it's different for everyone and people's individual bodies have a lot of say in it. The big thing is to make sure there is no infection right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom