is anyone else already tired about the 24/7 hype of "the freshmen"? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

is anyone else already tired about the 24/7 hype of "the freshmen"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So you have 2 guys projected as NBA HOFs and I disagree with Wiggins and Gordon ones. Wiggins may not be Bron or Kobe, but he will be a multiple year all star and possibly all NBA and Gordon will be a star too.

And Marcus Smart is going to be a top 10 PG almost immediately. Huge, huge studs playing now, almost can't remember when this many top players were in same year in awhile.

Zach Randolph is a HOF'er?

Reaction Score
I think he will be because his stats are enormous. This isn't baseball HOF, borderline guys tend to get in, so I think he will ultimately.

Zach Randolph is a HOF'er?

Reaction Score
I think he will be because his stats are enormous. This isn't baseball HOF, borderline guys tend to get in, so I think he will ultimately.

Hmm... I disagree. He's been a very good player. I'm not sure 17 and 9 and only 2 all star games is enough though. Guys like Shawn Kemp and Tom Chambers (just two off the top of my head) were much better players (imo) and neither are or will be hall of famers. For comparison sake, Boozer is a career 17 and 10 guy, Elton Brand 17 and 9, and Antawn Jamison 19 and 8. None of those guys are hall of famers either and all have comparable stats.

Reaction Score
Very fair, good points. He, in his prime for 5-7 years was a 20 & 10 guy. Can be 17 & 8 for next 4-5.

Either way, max player.

Hmm... I disagree. He's been a very good player. I'm not sure 17 and 9 and only 2 all star games is enough though. Guys like Shawn Kemp and Tom Chambers (just two off the top of my head) were much better players (imo) and neither are or will be hall of famers. For comparison sake, Boozer is a career 17 and 10 guy, Elton Brand 17 and 9, and Antawn Jamison 19 and 8. None of those guys are hall of famers either and all have comparable stats.

Reaction Score
So you have 2 guys projected as NBA HOFs and I disagree with Wiggins and Gordon ones. Wiggins may not be Bron or Kobe, but he will be a multiple year all star and possibly all NBA and Gordon will be a star too.

And Marcus Smart is going to be a top 10 PG almost immediately. Huge, huge studs playing now, almost can't remember when this many top players were in same year in awhile.

Agree on Marcus Smart but the point here is we know it with him but we hear less about him during games than the freshman. Smart is a stud...........Parker, I think, will be the best pro. Randolph is a nice NBA player and Randle will do well to get there but HOF? I doubt that very much........Wiggins will need to learn to shoot it eventually!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

It's funny looking at his stats they are better than I thought so he's closer than I thought, solid career and maybe with some more fire could have gotten there for sure........but as boog said if guys like Kemp and especially Chambers aren't in he probably has no chance........but also as you say it's not MLB so one never knows!

Reaction Score
Almost as tired of pre-Freshman hype as I am of one and dones. If the kid, for whatever reason, has no interest in college, get him into the D-league. Let kids who have an interest in hoops and school go to college and give at least 3 years. I know it will hurt the ‘superstar’ level of college sports, which is why the NCAA allows it as ‘superstars’ = cash; but, it will help the game and will eliminate used car salesmen like Calipari from coaching.
Ah, to dream a little dream…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc