Is another ELITE class possible for '24??? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is another ELITE class possible for '24???

Reaction Score
I’m still debating internally with myself whether or not Hurley is the right man for the job. Two top 5 recruiting classes in a row would go along way to convincing myself that we have the right guy. Hopefully they get it done.
Same Syracuse is better.

Reaction Score
I think the ship (no pun intended) will soon sail on Betsey. Too bad. I hate to lose in-state studs. It's going to be a race to be the first to grab the available scholarships.
Eh…I don’t see it this way. We aren’t seriously recruiting a ton of guys right now which means we feel good about the ones we are. I think we’ll take 4 or 5 kids and seem to really only be looking at Nowell, Ngongba, Betsey, and Edgecombe for the remaining 3/4 spots. Unless something drastically changes in the next couple months there will be a spot for Tyler.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Eh…I don’t see it this way. We aren’t seriously recruiting a ton of guys right now which means we feel good about the ones we are. I think we’ll take 4 or 5 kids and seem to really only be looking at Nowell, Ngongba, Betsey, and Edgecombe for the remaining 3/4 spots. Unless something drastically changes in the next couple months there will be a spot for Tyler.
I have to believe if Betsey wants to play his college ball at UConn, the staff will make sure there’s a place for him

Reaction Score
Don't disagree with your view/targets....Just to add another crazy dynamic to your opinion.. What if Flagg reclasses and sees the light in Storrs??

Reaction Score
Don't disagree with your view/targets....Just to add another crazy dynamic to your opinion.. What if Flagg reclasses and sees the light in Storrs??
We'll find a way to make it work the same way Duke will. Seems like it's gonna come down to Duke and UConn for both guys

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think the ship (no pun intended) will soon sail on Betsey. Too bad. I hate to lose in-state studs. It's going to be a race to be the first to grab the available scholarships.
Betsey fits perfectly with the Nowell/Abraham/Ngongba class. The last spot might be reserved for Flagg if he wants it. Betsey and Abraham probably means being out with any other wing targets.

Reaction Score

This is not correct.

Reaction Score

Flagg doesn't need to worry about a single player in D1 ball taking his minutes. If Betsey or anyone else is scared off by him, that's fine. I respect a kid going somewhere with more PT available.

Reaction Score
Flagg doesn't need to worry about a single player in D1 ball taking his minutes. If Betsey or anyone else is scared off by him, that's fine. I respect a kid going somewhere with more PT available.
Never suggested Flagg is or should be worried .. Or Betsey for that matter.. Simply speculating as to having them both on the same team as part of an elite class.

Reaction Score
We'll find a way to make it work the same way Duke will. Seems like it's gonna come down to Duke and UConn for both guys
Agree.. Could be/would be quite a pairing of talented guys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That class was a complete bust and showed what KO’s “skills” in evaluating talent were. Yet another example why rankings mean nothing……results are what count. Do you really think Vance Jackson was an elite college basketball player?? Maybe ask the 5 coaches he played for.

Had nothing to do with KO and his staffs ability to evaluate. Just go back and look st the schools who were also recruiting these players, guess there were a lot of stupid high major coaches out there huh???

Reaction Score
Would be a great problem to have. Still don’t see any way we don’t have a scholarship for Betsey if he wants to come here.

Reaction Score

I agree with you. I too believe we'll have 4 scholarships open to replace those we lose. (Two lotto picks, ,Newton,Spencer).

Reaction Score
Would be a great problem to have. Still don’t see any way we don’t have a scholarship for Betsey if he wants to come here.
We agree on that..FWIW.. Some early mock drafts for 2024 have three UConn players chosen before second round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom