Is another ELITE class possible for '24??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is another ELITE class possible for '24???

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I’m still debating internally with myself whether or not Hurley is the right man for the job. Two top 5 recruiting classes in a row would go along way to convincing myself that we have the right guy. Hopefully they get it done.
All I’ll say is, if he doesn’t land Flagg then he will probably be on the hot seat.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
All I’ll say is, if he doesn’t land Flagg then he will probably be on the hot seat.
If we don’t win the championship this year most of us will be asking for his resignation. Definitely a do or die year. Hopefully title number 6 is on the way. There’s only so much losing that we can tolerate. Everyone has a breaking point.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
From a UConn perspective regarding Flagg, do you think a reclassification to '24 would be detrimental, beneficial or indifferent?

If Clingan has a monster year and goes, and we make a deep run, reclass is beneficial to us I think. Otherwise it's probably just indifferent to detrimental (if Clingan is still here ) . But really it's impossible to say, Rosters are so fluid now. Can't even put a finger on 24, trying to figure out 25 is a pipe dream.

Reaction Score
Flagg is still 2025. Fland isn't coming here. Abraham is likely our first commit.

And you're missing half the kids we're recruiting.

But yeah, 2024 should be a solid class, though we probably won't get to 5 players.
Fanta said on spaces yesterday that 2024 is thought to be a weak recruiting class overall. Is that true? Or is it just that 2025 is abnormally loaded with guys like Flagg and the Boozer twins?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I’m still debating internally with myself whether or not Hurley is the right man for the job. Two top 5 recruiting classes in a row would go along way to convincing myself that we have the right guy. Hopefully they get it done.
Lol come on, man

Reaction Score
I like casting a somewhat wide net when recruiting (as long as all top players). I don't want us going back to the days of going all-in on a recruit with no backup options only to see him go elsewhere at the last minute.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I have been a Hurley fan from the day he was hired. It was only during our January swoon that I started to wonder. But what I did not know was that he was working behind the scenes on improving our offensive sets to take better advantage of what the rosters strengths were. That is not easy to pull off but he did. But success can be fleeting when you are the HC of the UConn men’s basketball team: see Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
If Ollie can recruit an elite class, we can can certainly expect Hurley to recruit one with a NC under his belt. Is this really a question?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
How do U guys remember what others posted 4 months ago? I barely remember what I posted yesterday. :)
Half the time I’m knees deep in brewskis. Hard to remember what I post let alone what others post.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is the guy who fired Hurley at halftime of the Iona game. He's not being sarcastic
Probably, but still the "fire Hurley's" threads were part of the mojo juice for last year's championship run. We didn't have a hanging last year, but we did have a suicide, and as it turned out that was enough to fuel the mojo.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
If we don’t win the championship this year most of us will be asking for his resignation. Definitely a do or die year. Hopefully title number 6 is on the way. There’s only so much losing that we can tolerate. Everyone has a breaking point.
Agreed.

Reaction Score
If Clingan has a monster year and goes, and we make a deep run, reclass is beneficial to us I think. Otherwise it's probably just indifferent to detrimental (if Clingan is still here ) . But really it's impossible to say, Rosters are so fluid now. Can't even put a finger on 24, trying to figure out 25 is a pipe dream.
It's pretty well known Clingan is off after this season. Why would that impact Flagg?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's pretty well known Clingan is off after this season. Why would that impact Flagg?
It impacts a reclass if he is thinking here. And yes we all know Donovan will go . And that’s CW but it’s not a given . But out of all the low percentage variables that you have to consider a cooper reclass with Donovan here the lowest.

Reaction Score
Are any of the elite Programs offering a scholarship to both Flagg brothers as a strategy to land Cooper?

Not sure if that is even legal, but none of the sources on the web show a cross section between their offers.

Reaction Score
Are any of the elite Programs offering a scholarship to both Flagg brothers as a strategy to land Cooper?

Not sure if that is even legal, but none of the sources on the web show a cross section between their offers.
Why would it be illegal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom