Is another ELITE class possible for '24??? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is another ELITE class possible for '24???

Reaction Score
If Ollie can recruit an elite class, we can can certainly expect Hurley to recruit one with a NC under his belt. Is this really a question?
When did Ollie ever recruit an elite class??

Reaction Score
Well, I guess My thoughts are more akin to "Contingent upon" etc.
No disrespect but that’s a dumb way to try and build a relationship with a player/family.

“Your brother can only come here if you come here”.

Reaction Score
No disrespect but that’s a dumb way to try and build a relationship with a player/family.

“Your brother can only come here if you come here”.
No disrespect taken lol. It's probably illegal, and I'd just like to know if CBB, which is often corrupt, does this.

Reaction Score
No disrespect taken lol. It's probably illegal, and I'd just like to know if CBB, which is often corrupt, does this.
I don't understand why it could be illegal. You can use your 13 scholarships on whoever you want. If you want to take the brother of an elite recruit who is not talented enough for UConn's level then that's your prerogative. I can't think of instances off hand but I'm sure it happens.

Reaction Score
Are any of the elite Programs offering a scholarship to both Flagg brothers as a strategy to land Cooper?

Not sure if that is even legal, but none of the sources on the web show a cross section between their offers.
Why would it be illegal? I’m confused.

Reaction Score
Ok... to try and get this thread back on track (haha, FAT CHANCE, I know)...

I am with @Zionn and @UmaniZen on this... the chances are much greater that yes, we are once again headed for an "Elite" recruiting class this year (2024). Looks like Abraham is committing tomorrow, the tea leaves are leaning our way on Nowell, we are legitimately at or near the top position with Ngongba and Betsey is a distinct possibility. And a miss on any of these and I will bet the follow up by our staff is a guy right in the same neighborhood... did anyone say VJ Edgecombe? We have the best recruiting coaching staff in the country, bar none.

So let's just sit back, enjoy how this all plays out and thank God for how lucky we were not to lose Kimani or Luke or Tom, for that matter, after winning the National Championship. Because these 3 with Hurley are a freaking well-oiled machine and straight out assassins on the recruiting trail. All the other staffs out there HATE to see our guys coming... that is for damn sure.

Reaction Score
It impacts a reclass if he is thinking here. And yes we all know Donovan will go . And that’s CW but it’s not a given . But out of all the low percentage variables that you have to consider a cooper reclass with Donovan here the lowest.
Flagg is a wing. DC is a center.

The team that gets Flagg will still need a 5 on the court

Reaction Score
2016 was 100% an elite class and ranked 8th or 9th overall that year. It didn't pan out for a large variety of reasons (coaching issues and 3 of the 5 guys suffering major injuries), but if Hurley brought in a class of similar ranked kids we would all be happy with it.
That class was a complete bust and showed what KO’s “skills” in evaluating talent were. Yet another example why rankings mean nothing……results are what count. Do you really think Vance Jackson was an elite college basketball player?? Maybe ask the 5 coaches he played for.

Reaction Score
Flagg is a wing. DC is a center.

The team that gets Flagg will still need a 5 on the court
I think he's saying that there's a 0% chance DC is still here next yr even if Flagg does reclass to '24, not that they'd be the same position

Reaction Score
That class was a complete bust and showed what KO’s “skills” in evaluating talent were. Yet another example why rankings mean nothing……results are what count. Do you really think Vance Jackson was an elite college basketball player?? Maybe ask the 5 coaches he played for.

This is so stupid but it's always the same four or five posters including you. That class was universally regarded as an elite class. Durham and Gilbert (and Diarra) were waylaid by injuries. It happens. The other poster is absolutely correct that anyone would have been thrilled with that class (which included a McDonald's All-American) regardless of coach.

You should be more active in the bad takes thread. You have as many as anyone here.

Reaction Score
This is so stupid but it's always the same four or five posters including you. That class was universally regarded as an elite class. Durham and Gilbert (and Diarra) were waylaid by injuries. It happens. The other poster is absolutely correct that anyone would have been thrilled with that class (which included a McDonald's All-American) regardless of coach.

You should be more active in the bad takes thread. You have as many as anyone here.

KO really should have predicted that Durham would tear his ACL in half, Gilbert would dislocate his shoulder so many times his ligaments turned into jell-o, and an undiagnosed chronic knee condition would sideline Diarra for the rest of his life.

Just another disappointment from KO. You'd think that the minimum qualification for a high-major coach would be having more medical knowledge than an MD.

Reaction Score

That’s lol funny from you. You had everyone that thinks rankings determines the quality of a class. The best player in that class was the lowest ranked one. So that goes to show how much rankings mean. Besides Vital, name ONE player in that class that played to his “ranking”.

How I resisted putting you on ignore for so long is mind boggling. Thanks for giving me the final reason.

Reaction Score
KO really should have predicted that Durham would tear his ACL in half, Gilbert would dislocate his shoulder so many times his ligaments turned into jell-o, and an undiagnosed chronic knee condition would sideline Diarra for the rest of his life.

Just another disappointment from KO. You'd think that the minimum qualification for a high-major coach would be having more medical knowledge than an MD.
AJ Price almost died…..how did he turn out as a player?? I’ll give you Diarra but he wasn’t very good to start with. Durham was a bust…..it’s possible to come back from knee surgery.

Jackson and Enoch both had multiple opportunities elsewhere and did nothing.

But good for our rankings, we had the 8th best class. Yippee.

Reaction Score
AJ Price almost died…..how did he turn out as a player?? I’ll give you Diarra but he wasn’t very good to start with. Durham was a bust…..it’s possible to come back from knee surgery.

Jackson and Enoch both had multiple opportunities elsewhere and did nothing.

But good for our rankings, we had the 8th best class. Yippee.

You're embarassing yourself big guy.

Reaction Score
He needs to win a few national championships before I'm convinced...
Well KO did win one and we all know how that turned out. So 2 would be a great way to distance himself from KO.

Reaction Score
One can dream, right? But, is it possible???? Cooper Flagg, Patrick Ngongba, Ahmad Nowell, Tyler Betsey... OR swap out Nowell for Boogie Fland....

Can we do it???

If marketing our program has anything to do with it, I say yes...

It'd be a great thing for our program to get back to back elite recruiting classes like that.. just sayin...
Well we have Abraham now in the fold. If we land the others I might look like this
One can dream, right? But, is it possible???? Cooper Flagg, Patrick Ngongba, Ahmad Nowell, Tyler Betsey... OR swap out Nowell for Boogie Fland....

Can we do it???
If that happened, you might see this.

Reaction Score

They were injured before college. That's why they were available.

Reaction Score
Same with Diarra plus Durham got hurt again and still turned into a solid player for ND by his junior/senior year.

I would say that most of those guys weren't really disappointments at the end of the day. We just didn't get the most out of them as players because KO got lazy. Not every 4* ends up going to the league... most are actually just rotation guys.

Jackson averaged 13/6 on 40% from deep at East Carolina.
Durham 11/6 with 2 blocks at Notre Dame.
Enoch 10/6 at Louisville before the whole program imploded.
Gilbert never quite recovered but did 10/3/4 at Wichita.

I think if you put ANY of those guys under the current coaching staff and they stuck it out 4 years, they would have been very productive players. IMO UConn is the one that failed those guys, not the other way around. KO really messed with their careers.

Reaction Score
Actually he had the same injury in high school BIG GUY

In the irony of the century, you've managed to be right on this one. I forgot about the sophomore year dislocation that didn't require surgery.

Reaction Score
I think the ship (no pun intended) will soon sail on Betsey. Too bad. I hate to lose in-state studs. It's going to be a race to be the first to grab the available scholarships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom