Is alterique taking part of senior night? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is alterique taking part of senior night?

Reaction Score
Or could be next year
I don't have a problem with that. But seriously though, CV and to lesser AG tonight were what they almost got ran off campus for not being earlier this year. CV obviously tremendous, but despite missing a lot of shots, AG ran the game well and played some spectacular D. As such a little guy he does some really crafty things on defense that somehow work.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with that. But seriously though, CV and to lesser AG tonight were what they almost got ran off campus for not being earlier this year. CV obviously tremendous, but despite missing a lot of shots, AG ran the game well and played some spectacular D. As such a little guy he does some really crafty things on defense that somehow work.

He finally has a full year under his belt.
Wherever he plays next year, I think you would see a lot more games like this.
I hope it's for us.

Reaction Score
Why the name calling? Did I offend you or even Gilbert on a personal level? Go to twitter if you're going troll
Who’s the troll? There is like a 95% chance Gilbert is playing basketball next year and the year after that.

Reaction Score
Gilbert is just putting it together after years of sitting out. He’s still developing. He’s not an awesome offensive player, he’s a great defender, a decent facilitator and he’s got a nice jump shot that needs a hot streak to get him hitting at a high percentage. I’d like him to come back as a 3 and D guy that can relieve the PG. He’s a very valuable college player and I actually believe we can make a run at the FF next year with the team we’ll have. I love having a stable of experienced guards.

Reaction Score
Who’s the troll? There is like a 95% chance Gilbert is playing basketball next year and the year after that.

Well I disagree.... See how easy it is make a point without being a D about it? Shoot me a DM I'll give you a free lesson.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I loved AT from long before he arrived on campus. I think If he wants to come back, you let him. Because he has been a team first guy with great character.I

But the injuries have taken a toll. I objectively think the team would be better if with another scholarship to work with. Wish it weren't so, but I'm afraid it is.

Reaction Score
He’s not an awesome offensive player
Some of his moves in his drives to the hoop tonight were sick. Really fun to watch. 1/2 of them rimmed out, but the flair of old was there. He's starting to get a little swagger back too. The kid was so deflated earlier this season. But man, 3 of the last 4 games he's hit the first 3 and then gone cold from there. Still can't find his shot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some of his moves in his drives to the hoop tonight were sick. Really fun to watch. 1/2 of them rimmed out, but the flair of old was there. He's starting to get a little swagger back too. The kid was so deflated earlier this season. But man, 3 of the last 4 games he's hit the first 3 and then gone gold from there. Still can't find his shot.

I agree. He still has plenty of potential, and that’s my point. I believe he’s a great shooter that just hasn’t broken out in games. I like his fundamentals in multiple areas. He also pushed the ball up court really well tonight.

Reaction Score
I agree. He still has plenty of potential, and that’s my point. I believe he’s a great shooter that just hasn’t broken out in games. I like his fundamentals in multiple areas. He also pushed the ball up court really well tonight.
Tonight it almost makes you wonder if Hurley didn't stay with AG that they might be in a better place right now. Albeit entirely warranted to go the other way for the future, there were some electrifying moments tonight. Unfortunately the fans shut the faucet off even before Hurley, so now one can only speculate.

Reaction Score
We needed to make a change. The AG/CV end game failures were piling up. Psychologically, that had to end. I like where we are now that Bouk, Gaff and Whaley have matured. This has made CV much more efficient and I can better see why AG is full of potential. I want this group to grow together. You can’t easily replace what Gilbert brings.

Reaction Score
Tonight it almost makes you wonder if Hurley didn't stay with AG that they might be in a better place right now. Albeit entirely warranted to go the other way for the future, there were some electrifying moments tonight. Unfortunately the fans shut the faucet off even before Hurley, so now one can only speculate.

For the season with cupcakes filtered out, we're 4 points better on offense with Gilbert on the bench than in the game. We're 10 points better on offense with Gaffney on vs. Gaffney off.

Gilbert has been a bigger positive on D, though.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I think AG just reinserted himself in the starting lineup for the remainder of the season

Reaction Score
Well I disagree.... See how easy it is make a point without being a D about it? Shoot me a DM I'll give you a free lesson.
Everyone’s entitles to their own opinions. That you felt the need to air yours in a thinly veiled shot at the kid on senior day is my issue with yours. Raincheck on that lesson from you on decorum though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom