Is alterique taking part of senior night? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is alterique taking part of senior night?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Would Gilbert come back to be the third string PG? Would be cool if he did, but I don't see what's in it for him?

Reaction Score
Would Gilbert come back to be the third string PG? Would be cool if he did, but I don't see what's in it for him?

His basketball career is likely over if he doesn’t

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised if Danny had him talking to JC about next steps. This is another great coach we have here! Danny will seek a win win for Al and UConn basketball I have no doubt.

Reaction Score
Gilbert has played better as a combo guard that is off the ball quite a bit. Great D too.

Reaction Score
200+ D1 teams would take him as a grad transfer including a number from Georgia

Of course. I assumed he was leaving college but grad transfer is an option. I’m sure plenty of teams would take a chance on him

Reaction Score
Gaffney is already better and Cole is far better. There wouldn't be many minutes for AG at point guard. I think he is best suited for a John Gwynn type role, whether that be here or elsewhere.
Kindly disagree. I don’t think Gaffney is better right now. He might be “safer“. But he is not a better defender (not even close) , not a better creater, not a better ball handier, not faster, not a better shooter(Ag slightly better)

Reaction Score
He isnt flashy with a low dribble, I guess is what people see. I see that despite that, the defense doesn’t take the ball from him. He shields the ball pretty well.
I guess that's it. Since he adjusted to the speed at this level and has gotten starter minutes I haven't worried about his handle at all. He never gets ripped and he has like a 4 to 1 assist to turnover ratio in the last dozen games.

Reaction Score
Kindly disagree. I don’t think Gaffney is better right now. He might be “safer“. But he is not a better defender (not even close) , not a better creater, not a better ball handier, not faster, not a better shooter(Ag slightly better)
I think Gaffney has clearly been better than him since his role has expanded.

Reaction Score
I guess that's it. Since he adjusted to the speed at this level and has gotten starter minutes I haven't worried about his handle at all. He never gets ripped and he has like a 4 to 1 assist to turnover ratio in the last dozen games.
Sorry got the #'s wrong. Gaff is about 2.5 to 1 assist to turnover.

Reaction Score

As soon as Gaffney became the starter ball movement improved greatly and the wins started coming regularly. That's all you need to know.

Reaction Score
you cause me. angst
PS- what is your profile picture of? is that you singing karaoke?
What do you care what my profile picture is- I cause you angst remember?

Reaction Score
you cause me. angst
PS- what is your profile picture of? is that you singing karaoke?
PS - Czech Republic last July - front row center along with 29,000 of my closest friends

Reaction Score
Sorry got the #'s wrong. Gaff is about 2.5 to 1 assist to turnover.

Still wrong.

He's averaging 2.1 assists against 1.1 turnovers. Gilbert - as terrible as he has been at times - is at 3.8 assists against 2.4 turnovers.

Reaction Score
Still wrong.

He's averaging 2.1 assists against 1.1 turnovers. Gilbert - as terrible as he has been at times - is at 3.8 assists against 2.4 turnovers.
I said the last dozen games. It's been 11 since the switch with Gaffney getting starters minutes. My #'s were a bit off but from watching it's clear the offense has been flowing significantly better with Gaffney running things.

Gaffney- 39 assists 16 turnovers
Gilbert- 22 assists 17 turnovers

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It really hasn't though, he's playing with a messed up hand and still takes care of the ball better than anyone on the team and plays point better than anyone on the team.
Rewatch the last Houston game and get back to me.

That said, even since then, he has improved a lot. Im guessing mostly due to comfort and confidence.

Reaction Score
Shaky handle and taking care of the ball are two different things.

AG turns the ball over way too much and makes poor decisions, but has a great handle and can get past anyone one on one in the half court and the open floor.

Gaff is almost the opposite.

The difference is with Gaff you’ve seen improvement this year and he’s young with a lot of potential for big time improved results.

With Gilbert you can hope the improvements come but four years of history says that he is largely who he is for better or worse.
Gaffney is plain vanilla but notice Vital shooting is better with him at PG.
Gilbert is a bulldog with an interesting skill set but is lacking something that
diminishes his ability to play the point.
I would like to see him transfer to a D1 school where he can see if he can be the man . I don’t think he is up to professional ball as he now stands .
But I will support him whatever he chooses . Him and Vital will be remembered by this old school defense first guy as two of toughest pair ever to wear our Uniform.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom