Is alterique taking part of senior night? | The Boneyard

Is alterique taking part of senior night?

Reaction Score
Good. Wilson the only question mark left
Really hope we can refrain from saying things like this. These players not be productive or they may make mistakes but they still work their ass off and try hard. These are people to. And they see things like this. This isn’t “good”. Alterique who has such bad luck here leaving isn’t “good”. It makes me sad that our fans think of it that way. Alterique Who I’ve met is an amazing person and wanted to win here badly. Sid is also a great person who just has some issues. But don’t say things like “good”.

Reaction Score
Really hope we can refrain from saying things like this. These players not be productive or they may make mistakes but they still work their ass off and try hard. These are people to. And they see things like this. This isn’t “good”. Alterique who has such bad luck here leaving isn’t “good”. It makes me sad that our fans think of it that way. Alterique Who I’ve met is an amazing person and wanted to win here badly. Sid is also a great person who just has some issues. But don’t say things like “good”.
Umm thanks kathy but I didn’t mean good i'm glad he’s leaving. I’m just glad he’s participating in senior night and has some clarity regarding his future. as a matter of fact i'm skeptical hurley can find someone better than him to come off the bench in the backcourt next year

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Umm thanks kathy but I didn’t mean good i'm glad he’s leaving. I’m just glad he’s participating in senior night and has some clarity regarding his future. as a matter of fact i'm skeptical hurley can find someone better than him to come off the bench in the backcourt next year
If he goes the grad transfer route he will be very very heavily sought after.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score

Just my guess, but if he’s leaving, it’s to go pro or move on in life. I suppose I could see him moving closer to home to play but why risk another year of possible injury in college? He’s a very bright kid. Go cash checks overseas or begin what is sure to be a very successful post-basketball career.

Reaction Score
I want to see a “I’m coming back!” surprise speech and then we punch Houston in the mouth.

You think the Marial Mading offer was tied to finding out AG was leaving? And does a "one more year" chant by the fans to AG mess with Hurley's recruiting plans?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I know what it typically signals, but I didn't realize participating in Senior Night is binding. Maybe he hasn't made up his mind, but doesn't want to miss out? Maybe the suspense of uncertainty does not outweigh the pageantry of appreciation?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really feel for AG, he’s had some of the worst luck I can ever remember a player having. All the hype of being the next guy to then be riddled by a bad team and serious injuries. If this is it, I wish the kid well, whatever that might mean for him. I’ve been critical of his play earlier in the season but he’s settled down nicely in his current role. Hope he can lead to more wins down the stretch.

I will say, if this it, Hurley has been pretty transparent about everything. He recruits a JUCO point guard to play next season, sends AG to the bench (essentially knowing what that would mean), continues to say he’s recruiting for 2 spots despite no open schollys currently, calls out certain guys etc etc. I think fans were being way too harsh with AG on a personal level and attacking him on Twitter wayyyy too much. But, I think it’s more important to listen and watch what DH does, guy is pretty transparent with his words/actions if you look for it.

Edit: I meant transfer guard, not JUCO. It was In reference to RJ.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
he goes to a big time program for the experience. Maybe even to uga to be closer to home but I think some blue blood. Just not cuse ot gtown

Reaction Score
I really feel for AG, he’s had some of the worst luck I can ever remember a player having. All the hype of being the next guy to then be riddled by a bad team and serious injuries. If this is it, I wish the kid well, whatever that might mean for him. I’ve been critical of his play earlier in the season but he’s settled down nicely in his current role. Hope he can lead to more wins down the stretch.

I will say, if this it, Hurley has been pretty transparent about everything. He recruits a JUCO point guard to play next season, sends AG to the bench (essentially knowing what that would mean), continues to say he’s recruiting for 2 spots despite no open schollys currently, calls out certain guys etc etc. I think fans were being way too harsh with AG on a personal level and attacking him on Twitter wayyyy too much. But, I think it’s more important to listen and watch what DH does, guy is pretty transparent with his words/actions if you look for it.

There’s no JUCO point guard.

The plan all along- from everybody on all sides- was for this to be Alterique’s final year in college ball anywhere. He hasn’t had quite the season he expected, but that doesn’t necessarily change the plan. The coach is behind him 100% and if Alterique said he wanted to come back, he’d be on the team next season. Anyone listening and watching what Hurley does knows that.

Recruiting never stops. They recruited last year for a spot that never opened up, but that doesn’t change the approach.

Reaction Score
There’s no JUCO point guard.

The plan all along- from everybody on all sides- was for this to be Alterique’s final year in college ball anywhere. He hasn’t had quite the season he expected, but that doesn’t necessarily change the plan. The coach is behind him 100% and if Alterique said he wanted to come back, he’d be on the team next season. Anyone listening and watching what Hurley does knows that.

Recruiting never stops. They recruited last year for a spot that never opened up, but that doesn’t change the approach.
Sorry, it’s early and haven’t finished my coffee... I meant transfer guard, not JUCO and it was in reference to RJ. Once that happened last year, it got me thinking that was probably the plan for everyone, an upperclassmen transfer guard like him isn’t brought in to sit on the bench. I get the recruiting piece and I appreciate that about the staff, but when you have no open spots and continue to state your aggressiveness at the end of the late signing period, it’ll lead to people speculating how you get there.

Reaction Score

Feel bad for AG. He’s been my favorite husky past few years. What a crazy career. Hopefully he comes back next year. I mean we don’t have any real true ball handlers. Gaffneys still shaky with his handle and we’ll see what Cole brings. A little surprised that AG does not wanna experience the big East next year- he’s got the next 50 years to join the workforce - I have a feeling when he’s 40 years old he’s going to look back on it and regret not staying one more year - with that being said - I wish him all the best though. Maybe he ll return. Too bad. Kid was super talented and cud blow by anybody. Injuries I guess took their toll.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
he goes to a big time program for the experience. Maybe even to uga to be closer to home but I think some blue blood. Just not cuse ot gtown
Could slide right into the Akinjo role

Reaction Score
Sorry, it’s early and haven’t finished my coffee... I meant transfer guard, not JUCO and it was in reference to RJ. Once that happened last year, it got me thinking that was probably the plan for everyone, an upperclassmen transfer guard like him isn’t brought in to sit on the bench. I get the recruiting piece and I appreciate that about the staff, but when you have no open spots and continue to state your aggressiveness at the end of the late signing period, it’ll lead to people speculating how you get there.

People can speculate all they want- speculation had Whaley never putting on a UConn jersey again, yet now he’s the universe’s best (and maybe only) basketball playing pork chop. Hurley was ready to fight half of UConn twitter on Alterique’s behalf and that hasn’t changed. Everyone on the team knows exactly where they stand, as yeah- this is a brutally honest staff. Gilbert absolutely has control over how his basketball career plays out.

Reaction Score
People can speculate all they want- speculation had Whaley never putting on a UConn jersey again, yet now he’s the universe’s best (and maybe only) basketball playing pork chop. Hurley was ready to fight half of UConn twitter on Alterique’s behalf and that hasn’t changed. Everyone on the team knows exactly where they stand, as yeah- this is a brutally honest staff. Gilbert absolutely has control over how his basketball career plays out.
That’s fair, good perspective on it. This staff is definitely honest, but they fight for their guys to the end which I really appreciate. I was basing it off the actions I’ve seen from DH and the staff. Glad to know it’s his decision to how it all plays out, he deserves to have control over that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
By saying that I am doubting your follow-up sentiments to be heartfelt

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Could slide right into the Akinjo role
He's a type of player that Patrick Ewing could work within his system
PE is a very solid coach and gets the most out of his players

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics