Is a hot dog considered a sandwich? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is a hot dog considered a sandwich?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Dude, your posts make me laugh. I’m not making the argument that falafel is better tasting that shawarma. I love me a platter of fatty lamb (or dark meat turkey) slivers marinated in turmeric and pepper. Most people do. I’m simply standing up for authentic falafel. And 99% of falafels globally are not made from peas. Chickpeas, bro. Next time you’re in Philly, go hit Mike Solomonov’s Goldie and get yourself his falafel and a techina shake. Will blow your mind. Speaking of pita sandwiches, get a proper sabich too!
Tangiers in Hartford has the best falafel wrap around (plus the owners are just genuinely nice).

Reaction Score

maxresdefault.jpg

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and, speaking of sandwiches, it's that most joyful time of year!
time to grab a tomato from the yard, slice that sucker fat, slap it on two pieces of fresh white or rye bread, load it up with mayo, and party on.
i guess that u could put other things with it. not me.

note: miracle whip is not a 'thing.' in fact, it's 'no-thing.' if u use miracle whip, all ur making is a nothingburger.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ga head (like they say in Lon Gisland) heathens, tell us how wonderful ur taco, with miracle whip, a sketchy hotdog, you know, the kind made with ground up chicken feet, soy, turkey nostrils, pork bellies, that stuff floating around in the back of the fridge turning green, is.

and on the eighth day, the good lord proclaimed from the top of mount Nebraska, that a hot dog shall be made from 100% beef, preferably corn fed. the trumpeters sounded their blast, and the people rejoiced, secure in the knowledge that plant based protein dogs and burgers shall, now and forevermore, be right out, as they chanted 'adios' to chickpea patties pretending to be redhots and big macs.
-the book of revelations. or mebbe it's the book of good vibrations.
one of those.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Tangiers in Hartford has the best falafel wrap around (plus the owners are just genuinely nice).
I went there for lunch a couple months ago based on your and others' recommendation here on the board. Owners were exceedingly nice and falafel was solid. I still think Mediterranea in New Haven is my favorite falafel, and they do the best foul mudammas, too. I asked the guy at Tangiers if he did foul mudammas and he laughed and said no, but if he did he would eat it all because he loves it, too.

My only problem now is that I have discovered that Aladdin Crown Pizza in New Haven has the best hummus on the planet, and I like hummus on/with my falafel, so I am often torn because their falafel is not as good as Mediterranea's. But Mediterranea's hummus is good, just not transcendent like Aladdin's is.

Ok, I think it's lunchtime now!

Reaction Score
What ? Chickpeas ?

Got to go with southern blackeyed pea and bacon hummus....if you just have to have hummus.

Reaction Score
There’s a comedic writer that took on this question and concluded a sandwich is something that would reasonably be cut in half to serve such that it could be shared between two people and I like that definition. The answer is clearly no. It’s just common sense.

Reaction Score
There’s a comedic writer that took on this question and concluded a sandwich is something that would reasonably be cut in half to serve such that it could be shared between two people and I like that definition. The answer is clearly no. It’s just common sense.
Who shares a sandwich? How could that possibly be the defining trait.

You can also certainly cut a hot dog in half down the middle crosswise just the same as a sandwich.
sRSr9je.png

Reaction Score
Who shares a sandwich? How could that possibly be the defining trait.

You can also certainly cut a hot dog in half down the middle crosswise just the same as a sandwich.
sRSr9je.png
“Reasonably”. It’s certainly possible to cut a hot dog in half and share it. I have never in my life seen it done. I’ve seen a sandwich shared many, many times.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sharing a sandwich? what? only if it's the other person sharing theirs with me, cuz im still hungry.

Reaction Score
and, speaking of sandwiches, it's that most joyful time of year!
time to grab a tomato from the yard, slice that sucker fat, slap it on two pieces of fresh white or rye bread, load it up with mayo, and party on.
i guess that u could put other things with it. not me.

note: miracle whip is not a 'thing.' in fact, it's 'no-thing.' if u use miracle whip, all ur making is a nothingburger.
Tell me about it, we’ve had so many (Better Boy, Early Girl, Beefsteak, and BrandyWine) we’re giving them away to friends and neighbors. My favorite way to eat them is a thick slice, salt & pepper, olive oil, a thick slice of fresh mozzarella on top, and minced fresh basil, and a tiny bit of minced fresh garlic if my wife is out. My wife is taking up canning next summer. Lol

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'foul mudammas?'
cheez and crackers, can't u people even spell the dang thing correctly?

over there, its mostly on the board, in those places where people can even write, or have the cash for a freakin piece of cardboard, as
'ful.' sumtimes, 'ful medames,' hehe, 'full of me dames.' lol.

and, in conclusion, fava beans also blow. just give some to a kid, and listen closely as they say 'u b trippin, jack. i want a hot dog.'

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tell me about it, we’ve had so many (Better Boy, Early Girl, Beefsteak, and BrandyWine) we’re giving them away to friends and neighbors. My favorite way to eat them is a thick slice, salt & pepper, olive oil, a thick slice of fresh mozzarella on top, and minced fresh basil, and a tiny bit of minced fresh garlic if my wife is out. My wife is taking up canning next summer. Lol

You're making a caprese salad and turning it in to a sandwich?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
'foul mudammas?'
cheez and crackers, can't u people even spell the dang thing correctly?

over there, its mostly on the board, in those places where people can even write, or have the cash for a freakin piece of cardboard, as
'ful.' sumtimes, 'ful medames,' hehe, 'full of me dames.' lol.

and, in conclusion, fava beans also blow. just give some to a kid, and listen closely as they say 'u b trippin, jack. i want a hot dog.'
Psst, spyboy, it's spelled differently in different Middle Eastern countries. My spelling comes straight from the menu of the Syrian place where I get it most frequently (and where I first got turned onto it).

Not to make you put more effort into your charade, but you might want to google a few different countries next time you're spinning that web again.

Reaction Score
I went there for lunch a couple months ago based on your and others' recommendation here on the board. Owners were exceedingly nice and falafel was solid. I still think Mediterranea in New Haven is my favorite falafel, and they do the best foul mudammas, too. I asked the guy at Tangiers if he did foul mudammas and he laughed and said no, but if he did he would eat it all because he loves it, too.

My only problem now is that I have discovered that Aladdin Crown Pizza in New Haven has the best hummus on the planet, and I like hummus on/with my falafel, so I am often torn because their falafel is not as good as Mediterranea's. But Mediterranea's hummus is good, just not transcendent like Aladdin's is.

Ok, I think it's lunchtime now!
Just a suggestion for your dilemma.

Get a to go, side order of the hummus from Aladdin, and then walk down to Mediterranea and get the falafel to go from Mediterranea , and have a nice lunch on one of the tables on the quadrangle in back of Elm City Market (I remember their being one when I visited years ago).

If my memory has failed me, walk to the New Haven Green and enjoy lunch there.

Bon Appetit!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Psst, spyboy, it's spelled differently in different Middle Eastern countries. My spelling comes straight from the menu of the Syrian place where I get it most frequently (and where I first got turned onto it).

Not to make you put more effort into your charade, but you might want to google a few different countries next time you're spinning that web again.
u, r a moron, and obviously haven't been further than coney island.
the closest thing the world has today to a source of reasonable information, is wikipedia.
the captioned entry there is 'ful medames,' yet the vast majority of the body of information there, refers to it as 'ful.'
Ful medames - Wikipedia
just mad aboot the bombers whomping the mutts, me thinks.
and oh, never used google in my entire life, not a once. imma bing guy.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

and now that ur jockstrap has been politely returned to you, you should respond with 'shukraan.' you know, or mebbe u don't, that's how they say 'thank you' in the language i sumtimes use with the folks who own many gas station/convenience stores in the area. i really, really like the Syrians who recently came here in 'the exodus.' good people.
why, in fact, im heading out now to get some petrol for the wood splitting gang, and i'll ask that guy 'do you like ful?' in arabic.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
A hot dog is a... hot dog? And evidently can also be a straw.

My wife has us signed up for some meat box thing and I must say their dogs are phenomenal - they taste like actual pork.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom