Iona Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Iona Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
L
What was up with Hawkins? Leg sleeve, back issue?
eft my sons debut pitching got little league and a dad with a Maryland sweatshirt kept looking at my UConn one. When we left I said we owe you one mr Maryland fan so stay alive. He laughed when I said you put the monkey in our back we just shook off. He said my best friends son plays for UConn
Who?(not remembering the hoodie) Hawkins.
I said as long as we win out I don’t wa not him to play too well. Would love him back next year

Reaction Score
L

eft my sons debut pitching got little league and a dad with a Maryland sweatshirt kept looking at my UConn one. When we left I said we owe you one mr Maryland fan so stay alive. He laughed when I said you put the monkey in our back we just shook off. He said my best friends son plays for UConn
Who?(not remembering the hoodie) Hawkins.
I said as long as we win out I don’t wa not him to play too well. Would love him back next year

Oh, but I had the worst take ever apparently . . .

Reaction Score
Get a grip. He shot 40% from 3, had 7 assists and one of the most powerful, athletic dunks (even for him) I've ever seen. How could anyone watch tonight's game and have that observation as a takeaway? Andre is a star and a huge part of our team.

Yea.

I thought he had one bad shot he definitely shouldn’t have taken and one bad turnover.

It’s wild that leads to “HURLEY NEEDS TO HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE” takes

Reaction Score
Yea.

I thought he had one bad shot he definitely shouldn’t have taken and one bad turnover.

It’s wild that leads to “HURLEY NEEDS TO HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE” takes

My favorite was “clearly Hurley told him he’d be benched if he kept shooting.”

Kid was great today. He’s a magnet for criticism. It’s just what it is. Other guys can be donuts and you won’t hear a word.

Reaction Score
Well, it was only Hawkins, and it was multiple times. Something was clearly bothering him, even in the second half.

You made it put like he was greviously injured in the chat dude. You posted it a dozen times.

He had a tweak in his back, and it clearly didn't impact his play. Players get a theragun to the legs or back all the time. Getting dinged up is part of the game.

He wasn't injured. He was sore. There is a big difference. Anyone who has played competitively knows it.

Reaction Score
You made it put like he was greviously injured in the chat dude. You posted it a dozen times.

He had a tweak in his back, and it clearly didn't impact his play. Players get a theragun to the legs or back all the time. Getting dinged up is part of the game.

He wasn't injured. He was sore. There is a big difference. Anyone who has played competitively knows it.
And back issues are tricky.

Reaction Score
What was bad about it? Looked nice from TV.
Parking situation was a nightmare. Most of the garages around the arena had "no game parking", which led to a bottleneck at the garage at the end of the street where they had one person taking payment and zero people directing traffic. The line in bottlenecked at the metal detectors like it does in Hartford. Two bathrooms in the entire arena, both down a flight of stairs that backed all the way up. Narrow concourses. Seats that don't face the floor.

It's a #&#*hole. A slightly spruced up version of the XL center.

Reaction Score

Something was clearly bothering him beyond typical soreness. He was doing a lot of bending and moving around during stoppages in play. Probably didn't come through on TV.

Reaction Score
Something was clearly bothering him beyond typical soreness. He was doing a lot of bending and moving around during stoppages in play. Probably didn't come through on TV.
That explains a lot about the first half, and the first few possessions of the game.

Hawkins man scored I believe 3 of the first 4 Iona possessions to start the game. I think two were 3 pointers. Hawkins typically is a very good aggressive defender; but he was moving then like he was in a trance. If his back was giving him trouble that explains his 1st half.

Reaction Score
Abysmal first half by players, coaches, managers, and the water boy.

Excellent adjustments (on defense especially) and Pitino and co. couldn't handle it. On to the next one.
<ahem> oH gOd!!!1!

Reaction Score
You guys are really struggling to save face. I said he was hurting. He was. You're trying to make it sound like I said he couldn't play, which I didn't.

There would be more dignity in just admitting you were wrong.

Reaction Score
You guys are really struggling to save face. I said he was hurting. He was. You're trying to make it sound like I said he couldn't play, which I didn't.

There would be more dignity in just admitting you were wrong.
You said he was injured repeatedly and that he shouldn't be playing.

You really want to double down on this? lolz

caw

Reaction Score
Hawkins is clearly injured and shouldn't play. Second half Hawkins is banging in threes and flying around the court and silence...

If he is hurting it is possible they worked on him during halftime be it cramping/tighness/etc. If it's just a simple muscle issue in his back it's possible they did something during half.

Overall though, I thought they just ran better stuff for him in the second half.

Reaction Score
Those two shots were pulled out of their ass. Iona had several more like that… the over the rim shot comes to mind.
I loved the one turn around, fall away jumper from like 8-10 feet away that went up so high it had ice on it when it came down and miraculously went in and the announcers are like "gReAt sHoT". Like WHAT ? The fact that garbage went in doesn't make it into a good shot.

Reaction Score
Parking situation was a nightmare. Most of the garages around the arena had "no game parking", which led to a bottleneck at the garage at the end of the street where they had one person taking payment and zero people directing traffic. The line in bottlenecked at the metal detectors like it does in Hartford. Two bathrooms in the entire arena, both down a flight of stairs that backed all the way up. Narrow concourses. Seats that don't face the floor.

It's a #&#*hole. A slightly spruced up version of the XL center.
Yeah, always been that way. Some 30 years ago some of the area near the arena wasn't developed where you could park, but that's no longer the case. Parked a mile away from the place on the street for Dead shows back in 1993 and 1995.

Reaction Score
I was playing a game app on my phone over halftime, and the last game ran into the start of the half, so of course after they started well I had to keep playing. Now I have to play on Sunday too. I don't even like the game!
Yes u do have to keep playing. Do your part

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom