Iona Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Iona Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
We have the goods to win it all.

Can we? I don't know.

But this team has all that you need to win a national championship and there's not a lot of them.

I've got nothing else to say. Take care of business vs St Mary's and keep going.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Didn’t think he would play Clingan as much as he did in the first half but good thing he did. Hopefully that continues and into both halves. Whatever he said to them at halftime about the defense, it changed the game. Defense was horrible. Our offense wasn’t bad.

Also, Diarra can’t play in this tournament. We can’t afford him to wait and figure it out.

Crowd was great. Louder than MSG. Keep it up on Sunday. Sweet Sixteen is the floor. Then it’s off to the races

Reaction Score
Great 2nd half by the team. If we made a few layups that were missed, it would have been even worse.

I love that this is the opposite of the Providence game where we started hot, then went to crap. This game we ended with a lot of positives. Happy for coach and the kids (and us!)

Reaction Score
Mike Crispino just said in the postgame show how the UConn bench really came through in the first half and kept us in the game. This is why he thinks we could have a deep run. I agree. We got big production till our big dogs got going. It is different than the last 2 years.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Simply Awesome

Close thread

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Can we? I don't know.

But this team has all that you need to win a national championship and there's not a lot of them.

I've got nothing else to say. Take care of business vs St Mary's and keep going.

I’m concerned we don’t have the lead guard play we’ve always had. Our title teams have always had 2 guys who could handle and score. Don’t really have 1 on this team. OTOH we do have some things we’ve never had before…

Reaction Score
Anyone else get a little nervous with that Diarra/Alleyne combo out there together? Alleyne has played well the last few weeks but this isn't the time to use Diarra this much imo unless we really really need ball handling

Reaction Score

Can we? I don't know.

I and most here believe this because of stretches we’ve witnessed. We have the ammunition that’s for sure. Will we ever have a center situation as good as this again? Sanogo has beautiful footwork around the baseline and rim and Clingan just makes your head explode the way he blocks shots and gets the rebound in one instant.

caw

Reaction Score
Anyone else get a little nervous with that Diarra/Alleyne combo out there together? Alleyne has played well the last few weeks but this isn't the time to use Diarra this much imo unless we really really need ball handling
If he could finish he would be really good. He just can't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom