Interesting Vegas Lines | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Interesting Vegas Lines

Reaction Score
Watford (former 5 star?) reminds me of a less athletic Sticks and is very hard to guard. Darius Days can bruise down low. But they do lack frontcourt depth without O'Neal. I'm not betting the farm, but I was surprised to see surprise on this line of all. They just almost beat a 2nd seed and beat a very hot 3rd seed. But obviously anything can happen in the tourney. We'll have a gentlemen's bet.

I'd be interested in @Hey Adrien! perspective on LSU, Bonnies and Mizzou. He knows all. Is the SEC that bad?
Thanks @Jay-Bone. I’m going with Bonnies over LSU.

People bash LSU’s defense but they actually defend the 3 pretty well (20th overall). On the flip side, the Bonnies are 298th in 3PA ratio, so they’ll focus on their inside-the-arc offensive strategy w/ Osun on the blocks and Lofton/Adaway as capable drivers/mid-range shooters.

Based on that, I like the Bonnies diverse defense (one big rim protector and 4 guards with size) to handle LSU’s pace.

For the Missouri game, I don’t have a great read on it, it’s a coin flip. Two very inconsistent teams. I personally like Missouri more, so I picked them just to root for them. Big fan of the Smiths.

Reaction Score
I'm actually shocked Ga Tech is favored over Loyola. That's my favorite first round game.

GT's PG...Alvarado can be a game changer...he has shot 50% of his FG's...averages 15 points, 3 steals, 4 assists....

Bill Bradley once said, “An erratic point guard keeps both teams in the game.”

Reaction Score
I'm actually shocked Ga Tech is favored over Loyola. That's my favorite first round game.
Before the bracket reveal I pegged Loyola-Chi as a darkhorse E8 candidate.

However, the only reservation about L-C is if they face a team with an elite defensive big to disrupt Krutwig on the blocks. He’s their best scorer and facilitator.

So when I saw Georgia Tech in the matchup the first thing I thought of is Moses Wright, voted to the ACC all-defensive team and arguably the best defensive big in the ACC. I expect him to give Krutwig a real hard time and then Alvarado (arguably the best defensive guard in the ACC) will guard Norris all day.

With Wright/Alvarado defending L-C’s two offensive catalysts I just can’t see the Ramblers offense scoring enough to keep up with Tech’s electric offense.

Reaction Score
Thanks @Jay-Bone. I’m going with Bonnies over LSU.

People bash LSU’s defense but they actually defend the 3 pretty well (20th overall). On the flip side, the Bonnies are 298th in 3PA ratio, so they’ll focus on their inside-the-arc offensive strategy w/ Osun on the blocks and Lofton/Adaway as capable drivers/mid-range shooters.

Based on that, I like the Bonnies diverse defense (one big rim protector and 4 guards with size) to handle LSU’s pace.

For the Missouri game, I don’t have a great read on it, it’s a coin flip. Two very inconsistent teams. I personally like Missouri more, so I picked them just to root for them. Big fan of the Smiths.
@HeGotGame It has been decreed. Maybe I'm just biased because I made a bunch off LSU covering the last 2 games. I now look forward to this matchup the most.

Reaction Score
Before the bracket reveal I pegged Loyola-Chi as a darkhorse E8 candidate.

However, the only reservation about L-C is if they face a team with an elite defensive big to disrupt Krutwig on the blocks. He’s their best scorer and facilitator.

So when I saw Georgia Tech in the matchup the first thing I thought of is Moses Wright, voted to the ACC all-defensive team and arguably the best defensive big in the ACC. I expect him to give Krutwig a real hard time and then Alvarado (arguably the best defensive guard in the ACC) will guard Norris all day.

With Wright/Alvarado defending L-C’s two offensive catalysts I just can’t see the Ramblers offense scoring enough to keep up with Tech’s electric offense.
Throw that post out the window...

Without Wright, Krutwig will break free and L-Chi's offense will flow. I can't cash out my bets, so I'll be rooting for Tech even though I'm not confident they'll win. However, I switched my brackets to L-Chi.

My other parlay:

-1 Florida over VT
+12.5 Morehead State (I like MS's ability to play slow and cancel out UVW's offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points, plus UVW doesn't defend 2 as well as 3 and Morehead is an interior offensive team.
-3 San Diego State over Cuse (certainly a bias pick, but SDSU has shooters on the perimeter and Matt Mitchell is a perfect foul line zone breaker.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Throw that post out the window...

Without Wright, Krutwig will break free and L-Chi's offense will flow. I've cashed out my parlay and ML involving GT and will go into Friday with:

-1 Florida over VT
+12.5 Morehead State (I like MS's ability to play slow and cancel out UVW's offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points, plus UVW doesn't defend 2 as well as 3 and Morehead is an interior offensive team.
-3 San Diego State over Cuse (certainly a bias pick, but SDSU has shooters on the perimeter and Matt Mitchell is a perfect foul line zone breaker.

Damn, good to know. Ga Tech is getting 5.5 now. Is there a way to find out who's not playing other than twitter? Like a DL list?

So far I'm 2 for 2. Hit both Richmond and WKU. Improved my lines too on both as they were down early. Caught the swing back with St. Mary's but missed with Toledo. 11-2 ain't bad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It seems people just don’t know about the ACC teams. Personally, I thought all the teams were very overrated. Several teams just looked like trash (Clemson, Virginia tech, Syracuse), and think all three will lose first round. UNC, Florida state, and Virginia are decently seeded, but I wouldn’t be surprised if all of them got bounced early as well. Florida state may be the exception, as they actually have a relatively good team and one of the easiest subregions.

Reaction Score
It seems people just don’t know about the ACC teams. Personally, I thought all the teams were very overrated. Several teams just looked like trash (Clemson, Virginia tech, Syracuse), and think all three will lose first round. UNC, Florida state, and Virginia are decently seeded, but I wouldn’t be surprised if all of them got bounced early as well. Florida state may be the exception, as they actually have a relatively good team and one of the easiest subregions.

Hard to figure out some teams...Clemson ran over Maryland by 16 points, beat Purdue by 11 and Alabama by 8...but were 10-6 in conference.

Reaction Score

Call me crazy but I don't see what makes San Diego State better than Syracuse. As much as it pains me to say this, I expect Cuse to win that game.

Reaction Score
28-6 last night. 39-8 overall tourneys thus far. Killing it. I will confess I expected WSU and SMU to both win though. I must still have AAC Syndrome.

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I don't see what makes San Diego State better than Syracuse. As much as it pains me to say this, I expect Cuse to win that game.
Every year you can count on teams not knowing how to attack the zone. Hoping for cold shooting from Buddy

Reaction Score
Why I think San Diego State will win:
  • 37.5 3p%, good for 27th in the nation
  • Matt Mitchell is a perfect zone buster at the foul line
  • 298th fastest tempo, Cuse's zone forces teams to play slow on offense and that's San Diego State's style anyways

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I think Loyola will mop the floor with GT. If not for covid knocking teams out, GT isn't in the tournament at all.

Reaction Score
I think Loyola will mop the floor with GT. If not for covid knocking teams out, GT isn't in the tournament at all.
I actually enjoyed watching GT this year, Pastner aside. It was fun watching them mess up all the blue bloods, despite them not counting for much. They get after you with Alvarado and Devoe. They also had a few big wins, unlike us. I think they're going to have a hard time without Wright, but I'd also like to see Loyola get a big win first.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I actually enjoyed watching GT this year, Pastner aside. It was fun watching them mess up all the blue bloods, despite them not counting for much. They get after you with Alvarado and Devoe. They also had a few big wins, unlike us. I think they're going to have a hard time without Wright, but I'd also like to see Loyola get a big win first.

It's a fair take. With no real non-conference, evaluating teams is really hard. Even the SOS is essentially based on guess work. So we don't know how Loyola will handle it. They did lose @ Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
Another very head scratching post. Care to offer support for the bold?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Another very head scratching post. Care to offer support for the bold?

I was wrong. They'd be in, but I don't think they'd have gotten to the ACC title game. So they'd be seeded lower.

Reaction Score
It's a fair take. With no real non-conference, evaluating teams is really hard. Even the SOS is essentially based on guess work. So we don't know how Loyola will handle it. They did lose @ Wisconsin.
The best we can say is they handled Drake and Drake eked out a win against WSU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
GT without Wright (ACC Player of the Year) is something like UConn without Bouk....a different team.

Reaction Score
I'll give you a like for backing up your viewpoint, but disagree. Mizzou beat Oregon, Wich St and Illinois. Tenn beat Colorado and Kansas. I think you are way underestimating the SEC.

And the "playing them close" after getting blown out twice statement doesn't make sense,

I would not bet the farm on the Bonnies here, thats for sure. Try crypto instead. Good luck.
I said Tennessee stinks, but I underestimated them. They really really stink.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom