Interesting Stat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Interesting Stat

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Where we're Jackson's minutes coming this year?

Put him and Larrier on floor together? That's a brutal defensive set.

Jackson certainly can't play the 2 guard spot.

I would love to see his shooting because this team sucks at shooting.

Enoch is a mimic of Onourah and Cobb.

Durham isn't any better/worse than Whaley and Polley

Reaction Score

Adams/Larrier/Jackson/Durham/Enoch when we wanted to go big

I didn't expect larriers handle to be this terrible, though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

I like Whaley a lot but a healthy Durham is a 58657x better player.
Adams/Larrier/Jackson/Durham/Enoch when we wanted to go big

I didn't expect larriers handle to be this terrible, though.
He literally can’t bounce the ball three times without losing it.

Reaction Score
Vance:Larrier=toss up

Although with another year under his belt, I bet Vance could be very good

Reaction Score

I was going to say twice but I'll go with your three times. I hope he works like heck on it in the offseason (even if he doesn't come back).

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was going to say twice but I'll go with your three times. I hope he works like heck on it in the offseason (even if he doesn't come back).
I said three because he’s usually okay with the first two and on the third bounce something goes awry.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Vance:Larrier=toss up

Although with another year under his belt, I bet Vance could be very good
In a fit of rage earlier this season I called Vance a “welfare version of Larrier” and said he left because he knew his minutes would be gone. As I reflect on Vance’s year and the more I watch Larrier I think I honestly like Vance’s game better. Better rebounder, better handle (prettier pig though), better passer, not allergic to the rim, old man game without the old man legs.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
In a fit of rage earlier this season I called Vance a “welfare version of Larrier” and said he left because he knew his minutes would be gone. As I reflect on Vance’s year and the more I watch Larrier I think I honestly like Vance’s game better. Better rebounder, better handle (prettier pig though), better passer, not allergic to the rim, old man game without the old man legs.
So fear of Larrier drove away Hamilton AND Jackson?

Reaction Score

I saw alot of upside to Vances game, but attitude and willingness to be a team player are huge at this level.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hamilton left because he didn't want to go to school. He wanted to play professional basketball. All the time. No shame in that.
Agree, but that didn't stop some posters from claiming it was Larrier.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So my question. Was it worth it for them (was Ollie that bad?) to transfer? I thought with Jackson it was close to the Ball dramas with dad inserting them self into decision making.
Maybe I should dig for more info. Just like what Salvatore Maniscalpo told his wife after getting off the phone with her mother."

Obviously your post had some issues, but the fact that you actually did research means that this is still like the 12th most well-informed post in the history of the Boneyard. Well done.

All right, who is Salvatore Maniscalpo? What are his stats this year?

Reaction Score
Well for me anyway. I enjoy reading the Yard. Full of great information. Some on here do incredible research for statistics. I find them interesting. Lately I have been curious of our three defections last year. So, I looked them up. Really digging for info is not my cup of tea anymore. Comes with age I guess. However here is what I found out, then a question.

Enoch-Louisville Last 5 Games "Did not play or accumulate statistics"
Jackson-New Mexico Last 5 games "Did not play or accumulate statistics"
Durham-Notre Dame Last 5 games "Did not play or accumulate statistics"

I was going to post this a couple of weeks back. So, it may very well be 7 games rather than 5.

So my question. Was it worth it for them (was Ollie that bad?) to transfer? I thought with Jackson it was close to the Ball dramas with dad inserting them self into decision making.
Maybe I should dig for more info. Just like what Salvatore Maniscalpo told his wife after getting off the phone with her mother.

Salvatore:" How is everything going"
Sals wife: "Everything is fine"
Salvatore: "No it's not!!!!!!! You have to dig for the information DIG DIG!!"
Thanks for monitoring the stats for us. I’m sure lot to wade thru, so we appreciate you keeping us posted. Boys should be getting little burn time soon so be sure to keep us posted. I will be curious how their playing time and stats change through the rest of season

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
These guys are idiots. Why would you rob a jeweler when he was leaving a restaurant? You rob them when they’re in the jewelry store.

Or even just rob him before he goes in the restaurant so you at least get the money he would have spent on dinner.

God, I would be even be good at being a master criminal.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I was basing my comparison on Durham's knees always being a concern.

Whaley really covers ground quickly on defense.

Reaction Score

Jackson would have played PF next to Larrier. Jackson had some nice inside moves and could pop out for the jump shot. He also has some muscle which would serve him well inside. Unfortunately I think his family saw this was were he was going to end up and ran as they see him as a SF-SG. I would loved to have VJ. The big guys were question marks but I will say Enoch might have progressed quite nicely as he had a great set of offensive moves. It would have been his position to lose. Oh well what could have been is not worth talking about now.

Reaction Score
It would have helped our team, sure. Maybe we win 16 instead of 13 games. But after going into the last few seasons saying this is the year the players all gel and we have a good team, it's clear that there's a bigger issue
Vance especially gives you one additional shooter.
That also gives JA one more option.
He would be the best pure shooter on this team which makes all your shooters better.
Enoch probably would have given us a legit big but who knows how much he learned in the off season shooting 3’s in Eastern Europe somewhere doesn’t help us much.
Durham is a wildcard what does he really have left of that once great talent.
We never saw enough of him to find out .
Playing as few minutes as he did on a team with such a short bench tells you he was not ready to play last year. But he might be a stud this year who knows.
This is Basketball one player at the right position is a game changer.

Reaction Score
The lack of player development under this coaching staff is glaring. Although all three are a bit soft they definitely have upside, and unfortunately they didn’t feel they could get better at UConn. Can you really blame any player that’s not a guard for not wanting to play under Ollie’s patented one-on-five iso offense with no set plays?

I sort of had the same impression as you, have tried to watch more of "plays" teams run because of how UConn offense is schemed and worked. Not trying to convince others but my conclusion is its about the "Jimmies and Joes" and not the "x's and 's". Yesterday the kid from Oklahoma played like Jalen "except" his final 2 passes in a tight game went to guys who made the 3's for the win. Same with Bazz who could turn it over to Giffey or Daniels to drain it. Villanova doesn't run some type of offense that gets everyone free for layups, they make shots (contested or not) and have individual skills to drive and finish.
Coming to conclusion (true or not) that most of problem at UConn is lack of talent (recruiting wise and transfer wise) and expecting these guys, at their talent level to be coached up to a NCAA tournament caliber is just not happening (nor could just about any coach do that although sure some could do better with this team).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom