Interesting Stat | The Boneyard

Interesting Stat

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Well for me anyway. I enjoy reading the Yard. Full of great information. Some on here do incredible research for statistics. I find them interesting. Lately I have been curious of our three defections last year. So, I looked them up. Really digging for info is not my cup of tea anymore. Comes with age I guess. However here is what I found out, then a question.

Enoch-Louisville Last 5 Games "Did not play or accumulate statistics"
Jackson-New Mexico Last 5 games "Did not play or accumulate statistics"
Durham-Notre Dame Last 5 games "Did not play or accumulate statistics"

I was going to post this a couple of weeks back. So, it may very well be 7 games rather than 5.

So my question. Was it worth it for them (was Ollie that bad?) to transfer? I thought with Jackson it was close to the Ball dramas with dad inserting them self into decision making.
Maybe I should dig for more info. Just like what Salvatore Maniscalpo told his wife after getting off the phone with her mother.

Salvatore:" How is everything going"
Sals wife: "Everything is fine"
Salvatore: "No it's not!!!!!!! You have to dig for the information DIG DIG!!"

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Well for me anyway. I enjoy reading the Yard. Full of great information. Some on here do incredible research for statistics. I find them interesting. Lately I have been curious of our three defections last year. So, I looked them up. Really digging for info is not my cup of tea anymore. Comes with age I guess. However here is what I found out, then a question.

I was going to post this a couple of weeks back. So, it may very well be 7 games rather than 5.

So my question. Was it worth it for them (was Ollie that bad?) to transfer? I thought with Jackson it was close to the Ball dramas with dad inserting them self into decision making.
Maybe I should dig for more info. Just like what Salvatore Maniscalpo told his wife after getting off the phone with her mother.

Ummmm, who wants to tell him?

Reaction Score

Might want to delete this thread before more people make fun of you for not thinking. Should we blame this on old age or just being naive? :)

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Transfers have to sit a year
I think he gets that...
We've been down this road though. For Enoch, prob was worth it. Ollie was all over him for lack of defensive effort. He couldn't handle it.

The other 2 puzzle me. VJ's dad decided he thought Vance should be a prime time player and a #1 option. It's unfortunate. I think Vance is a good kid who would have been a HUGE piece to this years team. He would have played the 3 and 4 and would have really helped stretch the floor.

Durham, on the other hand, I don't know what his problem is/was. We stuck with him through the ACL injuries. When he got to Storrs they decided to ease him into playing. He was obviously too skinny and weak and a bit rusty/raw from not playing. The skill set seemed to be there though. I thought he would have walked into a starters role if he stayed. Out of nowhere, after not playing for 2 yrs in highschool and then barely playing as a freshman, he decided to sit AGAIN to transfer to ND. Now who knows what happened. Maybe he thought he was going to play more out of the gate and it upset him? Maybe he wanted to be in the ACC? I don't know.

All I know is that after the patience and loyalty we showed him for sticking it out through his injuries, he afforded us no loyalty at all. Kids today have very little loyalty and very short attention spans. I'm not that old...im in my 30s...but the change in the way kids think is crazy to me.

Reaction Score
I’m accused by my wife of not hearing anything she says, so the Hankster gets a pass. How about the important implication of not having those players on our roster. We have a team that can’t score. Jackson would have been 15 points a game. What did KO do to drive him and Enoch away? Enoch sat while Brimah played for 2 years we all know that.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I’m accused by my wife of not hearing anything she says, so the Hankster gets a pass. How about the important implication of not having those players on our roster. We have a team that can’t score. Jackson would have been 15 points a game. What did KO do to drive him and Enoch away? Enoch sat while Brimah played for 2 years we all know that.
Why do you assume KO had something to do with this? Sure, it's possible...but from what we've heard VJ's dad wanted him to be the #1 option somewhere. Enoch is a stiff. Was never a fan of his game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think he gets that...
We've been down this road though. For Enoch, prob was worth it. Ollie was all over him for lack of defensive effort. He couldn't handle it.

The other 2 puzzle me. VJ's dad decided he thought Vance should be a prime time player and a #1 option. It's unfortunate. I think Vance is a good kid who would have been a HUGE piece to this years team. He would have played the 3 and 4 and would have really helped stretch the floor.

Durham, on the other hand, I don't know what his problem is/was. We stuck with him through the ACL injuries. When he got to Storrs they decided to ease him into playing. He was obviously too skinny and weak and a bit rusty/raw from not playing. The skill set seemed to be there though. I thought he would have walked into a starters role if he stayed. Out of nowhere, after not playing for 2 yrs in highschool and then barely playing as a freshman, he decided to sit AGAIN to transfer to ND. Now who knows what happened. Maybe he thought he was going to play more out of the gate and it upset him? Maybe he wanted to be in the ACC? I don't know.

All I know is that after the patience and loyalty we showed him for sticking it out through his injuries, he afforded us no loyalty at all. Kids today have very little loyalty and very short attention spans. I'm not that old...im in my 30s...but the change in the way kids think is crazy to me.
Yeah I feel pretty jilted by Durham. We could have justifiably pulled his schollie given his injuries but we stuck with him. He would have started right away on this team and he bolts to go to ND and sit out. The kid will have played like 200 minutes of game basketball the last 4 years by the time he gets into a game with ND. Silly

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Having watched this team this year, it's hard to blame anyone for leaving regardless of what we did for them. Would have been nice to have them but it's hard to imagine this year would have benefitted any of them

Reaction Score
The lack of player development under this coaching staff is glaring. Although all three are a bit soft they definitely have upside, and unfortunately they didn’t feel they could get better at UConn. Can you really blame any player that’s not a guard for not wanting to play under Ollie’s patented one-on-five iso offense with no set plays?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Having watched this team this year, it's hard to blame anyone for leaving regardless of what we did for them. Would have been nice to have them but it's hard to imagine this year would have benefitted any of them
Really? Don't you think things would have been different if Vance and Durham stayed and AG was healthy? I can safely say they'd be much better with those 3.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Did you watch Enoch play defense?
His play and his absolutely awful attitude drove him away - not KO

Reaction Score
Might want to delete this thread before more people make fun of you for not thinking. Should we blame this on old age or just being naive? :)
Please don’t delete this. As much as mercy is deserved some tough love goes a long way. Please walk through your baptism of fire my son.

Reaction Score
Did you watch Enoch play defense?
His play and his absolutely awful attitude drove him away - not KO
I actually focused on Enoch in the tournament game live against Cincy. He didn't play long but he covered his man down low. Yes he tried to help on defense when an offensive player got by their man. It's hard to blame the kid when he played so few minutes. Please remember I was also watching Brimah get beat, not rebound, score, and pick himself off the floor many times. Let's not act like our other bigs were so great, they were getting torched themselves.

Reaction Score
Really? Don't you think things would have been different if Vance and Durham stayed and AG was healthy? I can safely say they'd be much better with those 3.
He's saying it wouldn't have benefitted the players staying at UConn.

Reaction Score
It would have helped our team, sure. Maybe we win 16 instead of 13 games. But after going into the last few seasons saying this is the year the players all gel and we have a good team, it's clear that there's a bigger issue

Reaction Score
latest

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom