Interesting quote re: The Boneyard from McGraw's Bench | The Boneyard

Interesting quote re: The Boneyard from McGraw's Bench

Reaction Score
Another quote that caught my eye, under McGraw Bench improvements:
“Boneyard is the gold standard”
As much as I hate to admit it, that is so true. If you want to have 10k views of your post, there’s only one place to go. I’m not a member and will probably never be, but if you don’t browse the Boneyard every once in a while, you’re missing out on some interesting WBB stuff.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Another quote that caught my eye, under McGraw Bench improvements:
“Boneyard is the gold standard”
As much as I hate to admit it, that is so true. If you want to have 10k views of your post, there’s only one place to go. I’m not a member and will probably never be, but if you don’t browse the Boneyard every once in a while, you’re missing out on some interesting WBB stuff.

The Boneyard IS the gold standard. A "biased" opinion, but an honest one. We have the numbers!! Plain and simple. We've known that for years. This is one of the most active boards on the net. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The Boneyard has some of the most knowledgeable and intelligent fans on the world wide web. You can't fool 'em, you can't sneak anything by 'em, and they know BS when they read or hear it.

Will Rogers once said "Well all I know is what I read in the newspapers." For many of us, The Boneyard are those newspapers. Many of us simply don't have the time or inclination to search the web for breaking or current WCBB news. We have plenty of posters that do. They are blood hounds that will find those stories/videos wherever they are featured, and post them here in the yard for our pleasure. You know who they are (thanks guys). The Boneyard is an excellent tool to follow the top players in the upcoming recruiting classes for all schools, not just UConn. If you want to keep up with everything in WCBB (UConn specifically), THIS is the place.

This is also the most "non-UConn" fan friendly board in existence. Everyone is welcome here, even if you are not a UConn. You can go to the "General Women's Basketball" section, and sing the praises of your team (without attack) until the cows come home. Post as often as you like. How many other boards can you do THAT on? :rolleyes: Our moderators are first class also. Welcome to the boneyard friends, we're glad you're here. :)

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yup!
  • The setup is really good, very intuitive, and with lots of good features.
  • The moderation is second to none on the internet, and the new posters are quickly acclimatized to the acceptable tone set for the board (or miraculously they disappear :rolleyes:)
  • The level of participation from other teams' fans is impressive and brings depth to the discussions.
  • The activity level is great - there is always good content off season as well as in season. Many WCBB boards effectively shut down as soon as their team's season ends.
  • I believe it is the only board to have created a sub-board specifically for fans of other teams and that board alone is more active than most team specific boards.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The Boneyard IS the gold standard. A "biased" opinion, but an honest one. We have the numbers!! Plain and simple. We've known that for years. This is one of the most active boards on the net. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The Boneyard has some of the most knowledgeable and intelligent fans on the world wide web. You can't fool 'em, you can't sneak anything by 'em, and they know BS when they read or hear it.

Will Rogers once said "Well all I know is what I read in the newspapers." For many of us, The Boneyard are those newspapers. Many of us simply don't have the time or inclination to search the web for breaking or current WCBB news. We have plenty of posters that do. They are blood hounds that will find those stories/videos wherever they are featured, and post them here in the yard for our pleasure. You know who they are (thanks guys). The Boneyard is an excellent tool to follow the top players in the upcoming recruiting classes for all schools, not just UConn. If you want to keep up with everything in WCBB (UConn specifically), THIS is the place.

This is also the most "non-UConn" fan friendly board in existence. Everyone is welcome here, even if you are not a UConn. You can go to the "General Women's Basketball" section, and sing the praises of your team (without attack) until the cows come home. Post as often as you like. How many other boards can you do THAT on? :rolleyes: Our moderators are first class also. Welcome to the boneyard friends, we're glad you're here. :)
@Carnac Great post, I would give you a thousand likes if it were possible, but the mods don't allow it.:D:D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Yup!
  • The setup is really good, very intuitive, and with lots of good features.
  • The moderation is second to none on the internet, and the new posters are quickly acclimatized to the acceptable tone set for the board (or miraculously they disappear :rolleyes:)
  • The level of participation from other teams' fans is impressive and brings depth to the discussions.
  • The activity level is great - there is always good content off season as well as in season. Many WCBB boards effectively shut down as soon as their team's season ends.
  • I believe it is the only board to have created a sub-board specifically for fans of other teams and that board alone is more active than most team specific boards.
@UcMiami I learned this one very early in my posting thanks to @HuskyNan. She set me straight by putting me in "Time-Out" for a couple of days and informed me where I went wrong. I let my ego get the best of me. I don't remember if I ever thanked her for that because I love the BY. So I guess I'll do it now. Thanks @HuskyNan for teaching the proper way to interact on the BY.;)
Head bangHead bang

Reaction Score
Anyone interested in learning about or discussing WBB will find the BY to be the very best place to go...........I know the General Board allows non UConn fans to speak their minds and having been booted off of McGraw's Bench for posting some fairly objective information about UConn, I appreciate the BY all the more......

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In the spirit of affability, I will state that one of my very favorite posters here on the BY is none other than Dillon, a ND fan through and through, who manages to be inciteful while not ticking anyone off, a remarkable achievement for an Irish fan here on the BY.

Now if we can only find a Lady Vol fan who can thread that needle……,,

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
In the spirit of affability, I will state that one of my very favorite posters here on the BY is none other than Dillon, a ND fan through and through, who manages to be inciteful while not ticking anyone off, a remarkable achievement for an Irish fan here on the BY.

Being born in Lafayette, IN I grew up as a die hard Boilermaker. Hated everything about ND and to this day not a fan of those Domer's. I agree with you on @Dillon77, l also like @Orangutan, they have both been thoughtful and civil. As for the Lady Vol fan, I believe that @stwainfan has been able to "thread that needle" as you put it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Dillon is one of the least inciteful ND fans I have ever met! But his insights do carry a weight for exceeding the proportions of his object of fan affection :)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

"Inciteful" while not ticking anyone off is a non sequitur, but your insight into Dillon is quite good!;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You were taken aback by a sneaky homophone. Incite and insight are two of them, but not too alike to conflate.
Mona Lisa No GIF by Practice English with yadada

Reaction Score
You were taken aback by a sneaky homophone. Incite and insight are two of them, but not too alike to conflate.
I think we all got the inciteful/insightful thing--a funny catch by Plebe. It's the second sentence that had me scratching my head:
"Dillon is one of the least inciteful ND fans I have ever met! But his insights do carry a weight for exceeding the proportions of his object of fan affection":confused:

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I think we all got the inciteful/insightful thing--a funny catch by Plebe. It's the second sentence that had me scratching my head:
"Dillon is one of the least inciteful ND fans I have ever met! But his insights do carry a weight for exceeding the proportions of his object of fan affection":confused:
Got ya! Plebe has an esoteric bent at times. This is obviously one of them.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Got ya! Plebe has an esoteric bent at times. This is obviously one of them.
Ha I guess I'll plead guilty.

In other words, he's a lot more insightful than one might normally expect from a certain fanbase.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Yes, the Boneyard is the best by far as far as content, intelligent posting, and mods that keep us in line. I troll a few other sites, and even joined a couple, but there is one that is incredibly hard to view sometimes. The "infighting" between posters is ridiculous, rude, and vile at times. Any outsiders are chasticed from the beginning and not given the opportunity to give calm, informative opinions. I think anyone who trolls other sites know who I'm talking about. I take my hat off to the Mods for allowing others to come in and get involved, as IMHO, the best topics sometimes come from someone on the outside looking in. Another good reason for being a UConn fan.

Reaction Score

I think you have a bit of a Freudian slip there. Did you mean to write "insightful?"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, the Boneyard is the best by far as far as content, intelligent posting, and mods that keep us in line. I troll a few other sites, and even joined a couple, but there is one that is incredibly hard to view sometimes. The "infighting" between posters is ridiculous, rude, and vile at times. Any outsiders are chasticed from the beginning and not given the opportunity to give calm, informative opinions. I think anyone who trolls other sites know who I'm talking about. I take my hat off to the Mods for allowing others to come in and get involved, as IMHO, the best topics sometimes come from someone on the outside looking in. Another good reason for being a UConn fan.
I suspect that you view other sites and don't actually "troll" them, but that's just a guess.

In internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses, or manipulating others' perception. This is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or manipulating a political process. Even so, Internet trolling can also be defined as purposefully causing confusion or harm to other users online, for no reason at all.

FYI

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Might want to look up the spelling there. :)

There are a number of LV fans here that have integrated quite nicely. Most are so objective in their opinions that some have never noticed their fan affiliation.

@Orangutan is another ND fan that is a welcome regular poster

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom