Interesting quote re: The Boneyard from McGraw's Bench | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Interesting quote re: The Boneyard from McGraw's Bench

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes, the Boneyard is the best by far as far as content, intelligent posting, and mods that keep us in line. I troll a few other sites, and even joined a couple, but there is one that is incredibly hard to view sometimes. The "infighting" between posters is ridiculous, rude, and vile at times. Any outsiders are chasticed from the beginning and not given the opportunity to give calm, informative opinions. I think anyone who trolls other sites know who I'm talking about. I take my hat off to the Mods for allowing others to come in and get involved, as IMHO, the best topics sometimes come from someone on the outside looking in. Another good reason for being a UConn fan.
Good post Baldy, I heartily agree. We all know the board you’re referring to. I’ve always enjoyed comments from non-UConn fans. I’m a BIG UConn fan, and admit to being a homer.

How boring would the yard be if we all agreed on everything? Many times in the past, I’ve read comments from other fans that had a different perspective on a topic of discussion that I had not thought of, or had factual information that I didn’t. That is how you learn things and increase your knowledge. When you associate you assimilate. If you hang around the yard long enough, you will become a knowledgeable fan, and understand the game far better than the casual fan.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Might want to look up the spelling there. :)

There are a number of LV fans here that have integrated quite nicely. Most are so objective in their opinions that some have never noticed their fan affiliation.

@Orangutan is another ND fan that is a welcome regular poster

There are several ”out-sider” fans that post here regularly whose knowledge and opinions I respect. Orangutan is one of them. His comments are usually fair and objective.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The challenge/trick is to write and post something that is insightful, but does not immediately become something that incites. (Well, at least immediately. Maybe when the reader has driven down to get bite to eat or hit the beach. :rolleyes: ;) )

My McGraw's Bench colleague, Babj Ghanouj, put the survey together that you're referring to and I'm glad he did. We, on the Bench, don't have the overall interest in WBB -- although its's gotten more expansive the last few years -- but we sure follow our Irish, both present and alums. And future (recruiting).

As for the Boneyard, I've said this before: outside of my Irish, I've been following the Huskies since the Lobo days and have been on the BY five years (geesh, time flies). Learn a lot. Laugh a bunch and smile. On both the BY and Bench, I've learned when to take certain subjects on and when to let 'em slide. Supposed to be fun, right?

Special shout-out to the moderators for keeping things right and tight.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I suspect that you view other sites and don't actually "troll" them, but that's just a guess.

In internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses, or manipulating others' perception. This is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or manipulating a political process. Even so, Internet trolling can also be defined as purposefully causing confusion or harm to other users online, for no reason at all.

FYI
Yes you are right, sorry for the slip. They have accused me of trolling though. LOL

Carnac

Reaction Score
The challenge/trick is to write and post something that is insightful, but does not immediately become something that incites. (Well, at least immediately. Maybe when the reader has driven down to get bite to eat or hit the beach. :rolleyes: ;) )

My McGraw's Bench colleague, Babj Ghanouj, put the survey together that you're referring to and I'm glad he did. We, on the Bench, don't have the overall interest in WBB -- although its's gotten more expansive the last few years -- but we sure follow our Irish, both present and alums. And future (recruiting).

As for the Boneyard, I've said this before: outside of my Irish, I've been following the Huskies since the Lobo days and have been on the BY five years (geesh, time flies). Learn a lot. Laugh a bunch and smile. On both the BY and Bench, I've learned when to take certain subjects on and when to let 'em slide. Supposed to be fun, right?

Dillon, my apologies to you sir. I should have included YOU in my comment about Orangutan. YOU sit on the same perch (with me) as he does. :) You said: I've learned when to take certain subjects on and when to let 'em slide. Supposed to be fun, right? - Yes!! The Boneyard is a much more enjoyable place to visit once one has learned, mastered and employs THAT dynamic ;)

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
i find orangutans comments somewhat apish
Oscar Nominated Reaction GIF by Job, Joris & Marieke

Reaction Score

I think Dillon stands alone, regardless of simian influences, with the knowledgeable, insightful, well-balanced posts he offers up here. I usually learn something from everyone of them. Having attended numerous Big East Women’s Tourneys at the Hartford Civic Center in the day (for every session) I agree with a survey I just saw that rates the Leprechaun the third or fourth most annoying college mascot. Your thoughts Dillon ? That same survey had the Husky as the sixth sexiest mascot, even I have trouble with that one !!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom