Interesting Opening Day/Week Games | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Interesting Opening Day/Week Games

Reaction Score
Looks like Wisconsin just edged South Dakota St. Good win for them.
SDSU is always a sneaky team to play despite their somewhat limited talent. They've pulled out their fair share of upsets and/or close-calls with big programs before.

Reaction Score
I forgot she played for Utah back in 2018-19. She has to be 23 or 24 years old by now!

I thought Baylor was underranked to open the season, with Edwards and Blackwell returning. Edwards is a huge addition because she has so much college basketball experience and has been around the game for 6 seasons now. Now that’s a player who has experience and familiarity with college hoops.
Edwards lives for the big games. Don't ask me how I know. :oops:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
There are 348 current D1 WBB schools

There are 12 schools that are D1 that are in what the NCAA considers the "transition stage"
I believe a team has to play 4 years in the transition stage period(someone correct me if I am wrong on the time period), before it can be considered for the NCAA Tournament. These teams can play in the WNIT tournament, if qualified or invited.

These are the 12 teams in transition stage.

Utah Tech (WAC)
Tex. A&M-Commerce (Southland)
St. Thomas (MN) (Summit League)
Lindenwood (OVC)
Southern Ind. (OVC)
Tarleton St. (WAC)
UC San Diego (Big West)
Bellarmine (ASUN)
Stonehill (NEC)
Queens (NC) (ASUN)
Merrimack (NEC)
Le Moyne (NEC)
Thanks for the list!! That said, I have never seen so many games by lower level DI teams against non-D1 teams.

Arizona plays UC San Diego in early December. Today they played just plain old San Diego. They are not playing San Diego State. Way to many teams out there from one city.

Reaction Score
Pili is so fun to watch. It's a shame she only played a half. But her second foul was on her.
She reminds me of smaller version of Courtney Paris. When she gets the ball close to the basket she just burrows her way in and there is nothing you can do.

Reaction Score
I forgot she played for Utah back in 2018-19. She has to be 23 or 24 years old by now!

I thought Baylor was underranked to open the season, with Edwards and Blackwell returning. Edwards is a huge addition because she has so much college basketball experience and has been around the game for 6 seasons now. Now that’s a player who has experience and familiarity with college hoops.
Agreed. Those two as part of the roster for a full season will have significant impact.

Reaction Score
This has been a fun and exciting first week of games. Baylor beating Utah. Austin Peay beating Kentucky for their first win of the year. Talk about an upset and a program defining win. That is huge. Wisconsin 3-0. Congrats, Coach Moseley!! Vandy 3-0. Congrats, Coach Ralph.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baylor's roster reads like a time capsule from 2020. How do these players still have eligibility lol?

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by PeacockTV

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom