Interesting commentary from DeLeone on N. Williams and M Nebrich | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Interesting commentary from DeLeone on N. Williams and M Nebrich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i don't care how many uconn fans youve run into or what they thought of anybody, but McEntee has averaged 168 passing yards/game compeleting 52% of his passes with 1.5 TDs/IN with 6.4 yds/attempt. if you don't think that's in the same ballpark as the production we've gotten over the last 5 years i suggest you spend less time talking to other fans and more time watching games. i never said McEntee was as good as Endres or anyone else, i said he was about as productive, and he was, and he did it without Donald Brown, Todman or Dixon to hand off too. McCombs is good, but he's not those guys yet

Not sure I was pointing at you mattp and you can think what you want about me watching games because I could honestly care less. I admit I don't watch them all and I admit McCombs isn't as fun to hand off as Brown and Todman, not yet at least. But I have another scenario for you - maybe McCombs would like it a heckuva lot more if the other defense was worried about the pass just a lilttle or worried that the QB could actually get out of his own way and make a play??? Lorenzan could make plays with his legs so hence it made life a littel easier for the RB's from what I remember. TL was twice as good (and he wasn't all that good)as this kid, not close.

Anyway between you and the flyer88-dude I may be ignorant and I'm certainly more of a hoops guy than a football guy but I am a UConn guy no matter. I may not know the ins and outs of the game itself but I can see athletes and playmakes and for now UConn is embarrassing at the Qb position like it or not!! Just one ignorant mans opinion and he has no shot of changing it I promise - there will be no bowls if he's taking snaps!! Unless the defense scores a lot!! lol

Reaction Score
You may not be able to define the word "playmak
Not sure I was pointing at you mattp and you can think what you want about me watching games because I could honestly care less. I admit I don't watch them all and I admit McCombs isn't as fun to hand off as Brown and Todman, not yet at least. But I have another scenario for you - maybe McCombs would like it a heckuva lot more if the other defense was worried about the pass just a lilttle or worried that the QB could actually get out of his own way and make a play??? Lorenzan could make plays with his legs so hence it made life a littel easier for the RB's from what I remember. TL was twice as good (and he wasn't all that good)as this kid, not close.

Anyway between you and the flyer88-dude I may be ignorant and I'm certainly more of a hoops guy than a football guy but I am a UConn guy no matter. I may not know the ins and outs of the game itself but I can see athletes and playmakes and for now UConn is embarrassing at the Qb position like it or not!! Just one ignorant mans opinion and he has no shot of changing it I promise - there will be no bowls if he's taking snaps!! Unless the defense scores a lot!! lol
Hey Mau! You may not be able to define "playmaker" but you know one when you see one, eh? I think you have it right. But how did we get to this place where even MAC teams have much better looking quarterbacks and running backs than we do? I was watching Western Michigan v. Miami (Ohio) the other night, and their skill players were way ahead of ours. How does that happen? I'm not a RE basher, but how the name of Jesus, Mary and Joseph did RE leave the cupboard so bare? How could he never recruit a serviceable quarterback?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You may not be able to define the word "playmak

Hey Mau! You may not be able to define "playmaker" but you know one when you see one, eh? I think you have it right. But how did we get to this place where even MAC teams have much better looking quarterbacks and running backs than we do? I was watching Western Michigan v. Miami (Ohio) the other night, and their skill players were way ahead of ours. How does that happen? I'm not a RE basher, but how the name of Jesus, Mary and Joseph did RE leave the cupboard so bare? How could he never recruit a serviceable quarterback?

Let's face it, QB's and RE don't' go together all that well. Look what he is doing at Maryland where he was returning the conference's freshmen of the year.

Reaction Score
Let's face it, QB's and RE don't' go together all that well. Look what he is doing at Maryland where he was returning the conference's freshmen of the year.
true dat. It's now almost 11. Time to head to the Rent! Cya later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom