Interesting article on Stanford/Baylor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Interesting article on Stanford/Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He taped it to his own back by responding to a positive post about UConn with "guess we shouldn't play the game".

dude, if you've been paying attention, you'd know that I'm not a dude. You're the one who said UConn has better players (who can execute the motion offense). If I dug up some of your other posts, you probably said the same thing before some of our other games, and maybe even our game vs. BU. Nothing I say will change your mind, so I'd rather just play the game.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
dude, if you've been paying attention, you'd know that I'm not a dude. You're the one who said UConn has better players (who can execute the motion offense). If I dug up some of your other posts, you probably said the same thing before some of our other games, and maybe even our game vs. BU. Nothing I say will change your mind, so I'd rather just play the game.

Sorry, your posts are a little masculine. My bad.

I really don't pay attention much but you replied to me, so I replied back.

UConn DOES have better players. You refuse to debate that. Instead you make a snide comment about not playing the game and then you call me arrogant.

I guess the FACT that UConn has better players seems to really bug you.

Did I mention that UConn has better players?

Reaction Score

UConn DOES have better players. You refuse to debate that. Instead you make a snide comment about not playing the game and then you call me arrogant.

WTH? just a little? Well, since it is a fact that UConn has better players, there's nothing to debate.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
WTH? just a little? Well, since it is a fact that UConn has better players, there's nothing to debate.

Ok....very masculine.....happy?

Glad you agree with me about the UConn players.

And you can look all night and day, I've always shown Stanford plenty of respect.

You played Boston University?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UCONN has more talent top to bottom than any other team in the country. Having the most talent does not always guarantee a win but more often than not it translates to one.

Baylor has to hope that their super talented players can play long minutes and stay out of foul trouble to beat UCONN. If Chiney is in foul trouble or were to get hurt against either Baylor or UCONN it would be a very long night for the Cardinal. Reverse the situation where it was Chiney instead of Sims who had gotten hurt and imagine what the outcome would have been. UCONN can absorb an injury better than any other team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

What makes a post masculine?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
UCONN has more talent top to bottom than any other team in the country. Having the most talent does not always guarantee a win but more often than not it translates to one.

Baylor has to hope that their super talented players can play long minutes and stay out of foul trouble to beat UCONN. If Chiney is in foul trouble or were to get hurt against either Baylor or UCONN it would be a very long night for the Cardinal. Reverse the situation where it was Chiney instead of Sims who had gotten hurt and imagine what the outcome would have been. UCONN can absorb an injury better than any other team.

Well said.

In his haste to post a snarky comment about me saying UConn has more talent than Stanford, he neglected to notice I didn't say UConn couldn't lose. I believe they will win, but nothing is guarenteed in sports.

UConn can handle foul trouble better as well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You could, but you won't. It's ok. Picking Stanford is something you should be doing. It would be nice if you would discuss the game, but hey, we will just have to talk among ourselves.
One thing I will say is that when they played last year, I expected UCONN to beat them by much more. I really thought we'd have a huge advantage in athleticism in the guard areas. I was very surprised that Hartley and Hayes weren't more more dominating over Laroque and Kokenis.

Yeah I know Hartley scored about 20, but I thought our guards would blow by theirs over and over, or the mismatches would result in much more offensive pop. We ended up wining by about 10 or so.

My point is (and I do think we win by more this year) is that Stanford will have such a good game plan I'm not sure all our strengths will be as noticeable as one might think...

But still, let's be honest. Stanford barely squeaked by Baylor who was without Simms for 35 out of the 40 minutes. UCONN has way more depth than Baylor and while Stanford lost Ogwumike and UCONN lost Hayes, we add a heck of a lot more than Stanford did. But you already pointed that out. I'd be surprised if we won by less than 15. UCONN 76, Stanford 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom