Interesting article on Stanford/Baylor | The Boneyard

Interesting article on Stanford/Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Wow! It wasn't just interesting. It was insightful.

That is what real analysis is like. Agree or disagree, it was a thoughtful analysis.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Stanford and UConn fun the same offense now. Only UConn does it with better players.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Good read. Tara is a great coach. I am not at all confident about beating Stanford at Maples.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I guess we should just call off the game on Dec. 29th then.

You're kidding right? If UConn cancelled every game they are favored to win, they wouldn't play. Well, maybe the 2nd Baylor game. Maybe.

Call off the game...lol.....you're funny for a geekhead.

Let me ask you this. What was wrong with what I said? I'd love to debate the talent of the two rosters if you'd like.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Stanford and UConn fun the same offense now. Only UConn does it with better players.

Stanford and Notre Dame run the same UConn offense...but she had Tara for president?

Seriously, it was a good analysis, and should provide some helpful scouting for UConn. No?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Stanford and Notre Dame run the same UConn offense...but she had Tara for president?

Seriously, it was a good analysis, and should provide some helpful scouting for UConn. No?

I'm sure that the Baylor/Stanford game will be watched by the UConn staff. I don't think they need her analysis to figure out what to do.

Reaction Score
You're kidding right? If UConn cancelled every game they are favored to win, they wouldn't play. Well, maybe the 2nd Baylor game. Maybe.

Call off the game...lol.....you're funny for a geekhead.

Let me ask you this. What was wrong with what I said? I'd love to debate the talent of the two rosters if you'd like.

just arrogance, that's all. I don't need to debate the talent of the two rosters. Just play the game.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
just arrogance, that's all. I don't need to debate the talent of the two rosters. Just play the game.

Well, then stop being arrogant. Oh....you meant me. Sorry.

I guarentee if Stanford had more talent than UConn, you'd find a way to force yourself to debate.

They are going to play the game no matter what we say or do. It's (t, in my opinion, that you won't discuss the game.

I'll do it for you.

Starters

C - Dolson vs Ruef - I think Ruef would guard Dolson and visa versa. Advantage UConn
F - Stewart vs Tinkle - Advantage UConn.
F - Lewis vs CO - Even
G - Faris vs Kokenis - Advantage UConn
G - Hartley vs Orrange - Advantage UConn

Bench - Doty, Banks, Stokes, Jefferson and Tuck vs Greenfield and Samuleson. Advantage UConn.

Come on. We need a Stanford POV here. You must have SOMETHING to say.

Besides, just play the game.

Reaction Score
Well, then stop being arrogant. Oh....you meant me. Sorry.

I guarentee if Stanford had more talent than UConn, you'd find a way to force yourself to debate.

They are going to play the game no matter what we say or do. It's (t, in my opinion, that you won't discuss the game.

I'll do it for you.

Starters

C - Dolson vs Ruef - I think Ruef would guard Dolson and visa versa. Advantage UConn
F - Stewart vs Tinkle - Advantage UConn.
F - Lewis vs CO - Even
G - Faris vs Kokenis - Advantage UConn
G - Hartley vs Orrange - Advantage UConn

Bench - Doty, Banks, Stokes, Jefferson and Tuck vs Greenfield and Samuleson. Advantage UConn.

Come on. We need a Stanford POV here. You must have SOMETHING to say.

Besides, just play the game.

well, there you go. I'll just stay home on the 29th.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
It is a great article. We could discuss it maybe? Don't you think it is interesting that others are starting to learn the "beautiful ball" that UC plays when Geno has a wonderfully talented group. It is my favorite thing to watch. But I've never seen what happens when two opposing teams play it...maybe that is going to happen this year. Ya think?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
well, there you go. I'll just stay home on the 29th.

You could, but you won't. It's ok. Picking Stanford is something you should be doing. It would be nice if you would discuss the game, but hey, we will just have to talk among ourselves.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Cardfan, don't get up in arms about it! It's a UConn board, of course we think our players are more talented! I am not at all counting Stanford as an automatic win, though. I think it will be one of the toughest games of the year.

Reaction Score
Cardfan, don't get up in arms about it! It's a UConn board, of course we think our players are more talented! I am not at all counting Stanford as an automatic win, though. I think it will be one of the toughest games of the year.

I understand that, I'm not up in arms, just don't feel like it yet as we have a lot of games before UConn comes to town, notably at TN, where we haven't won since '96.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
2. What am I going to do with my AP vote? I decided to go with UCONN at #1. They easily handled Texas A&M and I had Stanford at #6 before this victory so I wasn’t going to jump UCONN.
Baylor was without Sims and that was a factor
:) Yep.

Reaction Score
You could, but you won't. It's ok. Picking Stanford is something you should be doing. It would be nice if you would discuss the game, but hey, we will just have to talk among ourselves.

Yikes! Who taped the "Kick Me" sign to cardfan's back?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I understand that, I'm not up in arms, just don't feel like it yet as we have a lot of games before UConn comes to town, notably at TN, where we haven't won since '96.[/quote]

It would be nice to see that trend take a turn for the better!

Reaction Score
I understand that, I'm not up in arms, just don't feel like it yet as we have a lot of games before UConn comes to town, notably at TN, where we haven't won since '96.

Good luck in Knoxville...!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I really like Antonelli. She covers a lot of Baylor games and does a great job.

Baylor shot 2 of 14 from three point range (way below their average) and Sims was out and still only lost by two. Sims and Prince are Baylor's two best shooters and both had a very limited roles in this game. As I watch Prince continue to get more comfortable I am amazed at how fluidly she plays...just makes it look easy.

Mulkey MUST change the way she uses Griner in games where teams have the height to "sandwich" her successfully. She trots right down the court, gets on the low block and immediately gets surrounded by two players. Recently Mulkey seems to have given BG the green light to shoot the 15 footer. IMO, she must spend some time off the low block and take some mid-range shots, just like Stewart is doing. She is a very good shooter, and passer, so to limit her to only low block play is just not using her overall skill-set. I would like to see BG used much like Nneka was used at Stanford. Let her move around more and play more of an all-court game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom