Instead of First Night... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Instead of First Night...

C

Chief00

Hopefully this event for the students has some sort of dunk contest. Kwintin has been eager to dunk over the entire horn section of the school band.
Whatever makes the casual fans happy, I support. The other part of the deal is to attend games when it’s not free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
So, Chief makes a fool of himself with the Drummond thing then proceeds to make great calls on like 10 major athletic department happenings and all many can do is go back to the Drummond situation and call him a fraud. This is kind of like if Chief publically struck out with a supermodel and then banged 10 of them in a row right in front of you. Some people would only talk about the time he struck out.

Chief gets news. I don't know where, I don't know how. Chief may even be another poster's alias and a great troll job. Either way, Chief delivers more inside info than anyone else these days.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope you're enjoying this new "trolling just to get a rise out of me" kick. I predict you'll get tired of it soon though.
I'm not trolling, Chief is occupying way too much space in your head.

He did call Travis Illian, Glen Miller, Diaco, and several other things. It's weird you can't admit that.

Reaction Score
Chief makes crap up, parrots scoops that others report, and takes credit where none is deserved. There is no inside info. No offense but you guys are total rubes for buying into him.

He may make some stuff up and get lucky, but he gets some big scoops and he is the only one that has them in some cases.

1. Drummond coming to UConn was 100% nailed by Chief. He delivered that with absolutely no one seeing it coming and Drummond committed within a couple of days and enrolled immediately, without a scholarship!

2. He had it in for strength coach Travis and Glen Miller and blamed them for several issues. Both fired.

3. When it seemed like Diaco was coming back, and it was basically a given due to his buyout, Chief said he still might be fired but things needed to be figured out. Sure enough, fired. We get Edsall back for a measly 1 mill per year. (How AD David Benedict figured it out).

He's getting news. He might clean office's in the athletic department at night and read sticky notes for all I know, but he's getting scoop. It's just too coincidental for him to make all this up. There are many other tips he's had but these were the big ones I remember.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think chief's act will cease to be entertaining when the handful of posters still fighting him finally step off that hill. I think there is a significant portion of the board that plays into the shtick just to stir the pot.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lighten up, you're way too young to have tbis stick up your butt.

Chief's too old to be using an anonymous message board to feed his ego.

Reaction Score
Narcissism is entertaining? Rudeness and condescension entertain you? Heckling other posters for not complimenting his predictive capabilities enough entertains you? Wow. To each their own I guess.
Posters like yourself(not a dig) who are hell bent on exposing him contribute to the entertainment.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Posters like yourself(not a dig) who are hell bent on exposing him contribute to the entertainment.

This board would be far tougher to read if Chief ran amok and nobody held him in check.

Reaction Score
You really believe chief can be held in check? I personally think he adds some personality to the board. But to eaches own I guess

Agreed. He's a wackadoodle, but it's funny. Until I realize there's an actual human being writing these things. Then I'm a little worried. Maybe we're what keep chief from going off the deep end and doing something dangerous... seriously.

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate they have to hold back this year due to Gampel, but they need to do something very big each year, primarily as a recruiting tool. Whether or not you think it's effective, it's an arms race, and most of the elite recruits visiting other top programs are going to want to be part of something grander than a pep rally. Slam dunk contest, with former NBA/ UConn players involved (& Calhoun), starting at midnight, and charge negligible fee at the door for anyone that's not a student for charity, and serve drinks - large ones. The place just needs to get rowdy and make for a good time IMO.

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate they have to hold back this year due to Gampel, but they need to do something very big each year, primarily as a recruiting tool. Whether or not you think it's effective, it's an arms race, and most of the elite recruits visiting other top programs are going to want to be part of something grander than a pep rally. Slam dunk contest, with former NBA/ UConn players involved (& Calhoun), starting at midnight, and charge negligible fee at the door for anyone that's not a student for charity, and serve drinks - large ones. The place just needs to get rowdy and make for a good time IMO.

Don't think UConn wants to deal with a repeat of Spring Weekend a few years back with cars being flipped over and what not if 'large drinks' were to be served on First Night

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'm not trolling, Chief is occupying way too much space in your head.

He did call Travis Illian, Glen Miller, Diaco, and several other things. It's weird you can't admit that.

Chief insisted that Joe Morehead was a done deal. He was about the 14th to predict Diaco was gone. He wanted Calhoun fired after his first year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Narcissism is entertaining? Rudeness and condescension entertain you? Heckling other posters for not complimenting his predictive capabilities enough entertains you? Wow. To each their own I guess.
#irony

I fine with with it, however. Blood feuds are a longstanding tradition on the Boneyard.

C

Chief00

Chief makes crap up, parrots scoops that others report, and takes credit where none is deserved. There is no inside info. No offense but you guys are total rubes for buying into him.

Man, you are the ultimate loser - maybe you can start a Fan forum idolizing Glen Miller at St Joe’s. Try to convince someone now that Coach Chill wasn’t an improvement.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Thanks. The craziest thing - why would I lie about Dre coming to a game at Gampel - he is 6-11 275pds - everyone is going to know if the dude is there. The plan was for him to come on Facey’s tickets and some fine bitches were going too - but Dre’s plans changed at last minute and there was a communication breakdown - LOL nothing more sinister or some conspiracy theory as Stair is always pushing. He doesn’t seem to have much excitement in his life.
While people can debate all kinds of things Chief, as a mod I have to ask you to stop with the 'bitches' type comments. They aren't necessary and probably not something the advertisers or @temery want to see.

Thanks

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Man, you are the ultimate loser - maybe you can start a Fan forum idolizing Glen Miller at St Joe’s. Try to convince someone now that Coach Chill wasn’t an improvement.

I have been supportive of Chill from day one, as my posting history indicates.

You insinuating otherwise is just another one of your numerous lies.

C

Chief00

I have been supportive of Chill from day one, as my posting history indicates.

You insinuating otherwise is just another one of your numerous lies.

You had numerous posts on how Miller should not have been fired and how Chill wasn’t an upgrade and you are always trying to discredit the brilliant Blaze strategy, which Chill had a critical role in formulating.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You had numerous posts on how Miller should not have been fired and how Chill wasn’t an upgrade and you are always trying to discredit the brilliant Blaze strategy, which Chill had a critical role in formulating.

This is a blatant lie. You are lying.

I searched through all of the threads with "Chillious" in the title on this website, and here's what I came up with:

The Preppy Pipeline | Columbia Sports Journalism

If this is to be believed, JC once recommended Chillious as a candidate for the head job at South Kent. Pretty interesting.

Bringing the fact that Jim Calhoun thought highly enough of Chill to recommend him for the HC spot at one of the top prep schools in the country to the board's attention in no way jives with any of the things you accuse me of.

Just for yuks, I searched through my posting history for all posts containing "Chillious" or "Chill," and found the following:

2018 Recruiting: - Isaiah Mucius sets official visits <-- Here I am angrily shutting down another user's demand that Miller be rehired, and lambasting him for insinuating that Miller would be an upgrade as a recruiter.

Mathis to Rutgers <-- Implying that during the spring/summer dry spell, Chill was single-handedly getting us into final lists, and that it was other coaches who weren't pulling their weight (not him).

2018 Recruiting: - Emmitt Matthews Jr Commits to UConn <-- When young people say "(So and so) ain't playing around," it means that they are highly impressed with that person.

Amore: Crumbling Connecticut Foundation? Kevin Ollie Under Scrutiny With UConn Men <-- And here, we have you complimenting me for a post refuting the narrative that firing Miller cost us MAL, and proclaiming that if Miller were a better recruiter he would have schools above DIII interested in his services.

This isn't even considering all of the posts I made bashing those who criticized Chill after Blake Harris and Mamoudou Diarra committed elsewhere.

TL;DR -- sit down.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
As for the Blaze Strategy? It doesn't exist. You realized that the rest of the board was getting tired of the Bunky shtick, so you decided to repackage it with some new terminology. It's the exact same concept - Chief is tied to recent upticks in recruiting due to some far-flung notion, and he deserves mass adulation for being involved with/aware of it. Yawn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom