Instead of First Night... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Instead of First Night...

C

Chief00

I just love that nobody knows what "Blaze" means and that whenever someone asks, Chief says he explained it in a thread that he claims the admins deleted.
I wrote that post the weekend of 8/25 - 8/27 when that wonderful new strategy was formulated at Blaze. Lots of people participated in that thread.
Unfortunately, there is one bitter and incredible jealous person on this board, who backed the wrong horse (Miller) and he disparages Coach KO and Chill’s recent recruiting strategy and success. He claims I tried to take the credit - which never happened. I gave feedback and participated in a discussion and I posted about the new direction. A lot of good things happened due to synergy or whatever - Coach Chill and KO get the credit as they would get the blame for all the good things that have happened since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I liked it too actually. I could do without the coed scrimmage, not for some Chiefian hurts-the-team agenda, but simply because it's not that fun to watch.

I liked things kicking off at midnight, mostly just drunk students looking to get loud.

Yes. Honestly, just another reason to hate kids and old people (OK, not kids, but people who decide to have kids). Let's take one of the great traditions and novelties in college sports and make it into a photo op for the family christmas card.

C

Chief00

F̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶M̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶
F̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶T̶r̶a̶v̶i̶s̶ ̶I̶l̶l̶i̶a̶n̶
̶G̶e̶t̶ ̶r̶i̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶F̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶N̶i̶g̶h̶t̶
Hire Bunkey to replace Calhoun as Program Advisor

What Bunkey would do on a $400k salary would be unimaginable - LOL

C

Chief00

What an absurd logical fallacy.

Specifically, who has it help us land? Just by lotto chance there must be someone over the years but I recall no one.
I remember when Diallo went to UConn’s First Night instead of UK’s, Stairmaster felt his bro Glen Miller had him locked up. That proved to be the real logical fallacy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Specifically, who has it help us land? Just by lotto chance there must be someone over the years but I recall no one.
I remember when Diallo went to UConn’s First Night instead of UK’s, Stairmaster felt his bro Glen Miller had him locked up. That proved to be the real logical fallacy.

You're great at pulling made-up information out of your behind.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Current odds that anyone from the UConn program listens to the Boneyard’s Robert Parish: 1,000,000:1

Reaction Score
Our recruits from the last streak have not attended a UConn basketball game on their official visit. Thus, UConn basketball games are ineffective recruiting events. See how stupid this is?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
So did it land Diallo or anyone else significant?

When did I say first night had anything to do with the staff supposedly landing Diallo?

That's right. I didn't.

Reaction Score
To recap for interested parties: Chief is pretending he got lunch with Raphael Chillious at Blaze Piza and "refined" a recruiting strategy with him over a pie.

Pathetic.

It's so much worse than I could have imagined.

C

Chief00

When did I say first night had anything to do with the staff supposedly landing Diallo?

That's right. I didn't.

You can’t have it both ways - it either helps recruiting or it doesn’t. I have been saying, I don’t see any material evidence that it helps and you have been mindlessly posting against that or liking emotional posts from well intentioned casual fans, who think because they love First Night, they assume it will be the decider for recruits. Diallo was the latest elite recruit - where it was not a decider.

C

Chief00

To recap for interested parties: Chief is pretending he got lunch with Raphael Chillious at Blaze Pizza and "refined" a recruiting strategy with him over a pie.
Pathetic.
It’s funny, your narrative was when Calhoun left coaching, I lost my connection. You put all your chips down on Miller and lost big time. In the meantime, I run the table as one prediction after another comes true, you double down on bitterness as I develop a great relationship with the new Management and coaches. I posted about all the Blaze recruiting changes enacted and within a week there was a total pivot in good fortune. You look pretty silly at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It’s funny, your narrative was when Calhoun left coaching, I lost my connection. You put all your chips down on Miller and lost big time. In the meantime, I run the table as one prediction after another comes true, you double down on bitterness as I develop a great relationship with the new Management and coaches. I posted about all the Blaze recruiting changes inacted and within a week there was a total pivot in good fortune. You look pretty silly at this point.

I don't look silly at all. I'm not the one pretending I have a relationship with the management and coaches. You're living in a fantasy world.

You don't run the table at all - you claim credit for everything after hedging your bets every which way and jumping on info that people with far better track records have confirmed.

You are absolutely obsessed with having everyone here feed your ego. It's not natural.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
and you have been mindlessly posting against that or liking emotional posts from well intentioned casual fans, who think because they love First Night, they assume it will be the decider for recruits.

What nonsensical drivel. Do you actually believe this crap? You are further gone than I thought.

C

Chief00

Chief00 clubbing Stair like a baby seal.

The mercy rule is now in effect - I am done for tonight. I had to clean up some misrepresentations but I just don’t want a conversation with someone so downbeat and negative. Maybe Stair should start a St Joe’s Board and follow his ace recruiter Glen Miller. I will stick with Chill.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
The mercy rule is now in effect - I am done for tonight. I had to clean up some misrepresentations but I just don’t want a conversation with someone so downbeat and negative. Maybe Stair should start a St Joe’s Board and fellow his ace recruiter Glen Miller. I will stick with Chill.

Why would I do that? My loyalty is to this program, not individual coaches.

It's kind of bizarre how you've made up the notion that I somehow have anything against Chill - I have been nothing but supportive of the hire. One of many fictitious creations of yours.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It’s funny, your narrative was when Calhoun left coaching, I lost my connection. You put all your chips down on Miller and lost big time. In the meantime, I run the table as one prediction after another comes true, you double down on bitterness as I develop a great relationship with the new Management and coaches. I posted about all the Blaze recruiting changes enacted and within a week there was a total pivot in good fortune. You look pretty silly at this point.
I don't look silly at all. I'm not the one pretending I have a relationship with the management and coaches. You're living in a fantasy world.

You don't run the table at all - you claim credit for everything after hedging your bets every which way and jumping on info that people with far better track records have confirmed.

You are absolutely obsessed with having everyone here feed your ego. It's not natural.
Could you two just get a room?

Reaction Score
You can’t have it both ways - it either helps recruiting or it doesn’t. I have been saying, I don’t see any material evidence that it helps and you have been mindlessly posting against that or liking emotional posts from well intentioned casual fans, who think because they love First Night, they assume it will be the decider for recruits. Diallo was the latest elite recruit - where it was not a decider.
Who is saying it's a decider? It's a great event to get a bunch of recruits on campus together and also to get committed recruits on campus and hanging out with the team more, solidifying them. Again, it's just another thing for you to latch on to and babble nonsense to try to put down other posters and put yourself up on a pedestal.

Reaction Score
Hopefully this event for the students has some sort of dunk contest. Kwintin has been eager to dunk over the entire horn section of the school band.

Reaction Score
Not much chatter about uconn... no first night... sit back and relax.

It's the calm before the storm.

Smells like 2011

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom