"Insignificant" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Insignificant"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Melo did pony up millions to their program.
This is true. I guess I just don't like the guy. I'd rather have Kemba Walker or Ray Allen or Emeka Okafor as the face of the program (player only of course).

Reaction Score
F them. They are on their why to being the next BCU of the ACC. Think the zone is going to work in the ACC? Has not worked in the NCAA and it is not going to work in a league that values shooters and spacing as much a the ACC does- think of it as a league filled with good mid-majors and a few elite teams.

PE- Twooey!!! I spit on them and their future.

Reaction Score
He gave them their only title and he's given them the cache with recruits, I know they like to credit Hopkins for all of their recent recruiting success but they can thank Melo for that more than they can Hopkins. They should worship the ground Melo walks on.

They do, they do!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Lol @ Marsh in a post about the boneyard:

I love how they have to start a circle jerk thread about Syracuse just so they feel better about themselves. It's really pathetic.

Irony?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
we better jerk harder to break their circlejerk about our circlejerk

Its actually like the 4th or 5th concentric circle. There are so many interlocking circle jerks that the chain they make is in and of itself a circle jerk.

Reaction Score
The Cuse trolls are right I must admit. UConn has beat them on the court and they have beat us off.

If by "beating on the court" you're talking about Syracuse winning 6 of the last 7 against you, knocking you out of the Big East tournament in your first game 3 times in a row, Syracuse having the best stretch of games in Big East history, and about to win the Big East regular season for the 3rd time in 4 years, then yes, I suppose you can say you won it on the court.

Reaction Score
If by "beating on the court" you're talking about Syracuse winning 6 of the last 7 against you, knocking you out of the Big East tournament in your first game 3 times in a row, Syracuse having the best stretch of games in Big East history, and about to win the Big East regular season for the 3rd time in 4 years, then yes, I suppose you can say you won it on the court.

Syracuse=Providence as to UConn. In that time frame we have two Final Fours and one National Championship. What do you have to show for those wins?!?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

Congrats Arod, I'd still rather be Reggie Jackson.

Reaction Score
Congrats on the regular season success, you should be an Atlanta Falcons fan.

I would taking going to 2 final fours, winning a NC, and winning a BET over those 3 outta 4 seasons when you guys won the REGULAR season BE title.

Reaction Score
We're stuck in "conference limbo" for 2 years tops and they honestly believe that will mean anything in the long run.

Also love them referring to us as "little brother" ummm we've kicked their ass up and down the court as a program from every conceivable level. If we're a "little brother" then they must be our big sister.

I also love that their other big thing is how UConn fans think college bball started in the 90's. I mean isn't that just an insult to them in the long run? They had a 8-10 year head start on us as far as a program of national prominence and we've overtaken them by a significant margin in every aspect of success, titles, tourney success in general, Big East titles, NBA talent produced.

Maybe they're still pumped about those those Helms Titles from the 1910's/20's hahaha "remember when we beat Colgate 27-18 that was awesome!!!".

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We're stuck in "conference limbo" for 2 years tops and they honestly believe that will mean anything in the long run.

Also love them referring to us as "little brother" ummm we've kicked their ass up and down the court as a program from every conceivable level. If we're a "little brother" then they must be our big sister.

I also love that their other big thing is how UConn fans think college bball started in the 90's. I mean isn't that just an insult to them in the long run? They had a 8-10 year head start on us as far as a program of national prominence and we've overtaken them by a significant margin in every aspect of success, titles, tourney success in general, Big East titles, NBA talent produced.

Maybe they're still pumped about those those Helms Titles from the 1910's/20's hahaha "remember when we beat Colgate 27-18 that was awesome!!!".

Considering the 3 pt line changed the game in 80 and the 64 team tournament era changed it again in 85, its not like the modern era of college basketball goes much further beyond 90. Nevermind that we have a history of success that pre-dates the calhoun era.

Fun facts about '90. The cold war was still going on. Vanilla Ice was topping the charts. Dial Up Modems.

Reaction Score
Posts like this show the level of intelligence of Cuse fans:

"No school has gotten the luck they had over the years. I mean Butler was taking them to the woodshed in the NC then decided to throw the game at halftime. No other school in the planet would get that lucky to have a team hand them a national championship game. I am glad Mack and the rest of that Butler squad are all not on NBA rosters because of that filth."

I believe we trailed that game for a total of 4 mins of game time, and the most was by 4 points, and it was in the 2nd half..............

But yea Butler threw that enormous lead away and gave us the game. Never seen such a large group of mouth breathers.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

"No school has gotten the luck they had over the years. I mean Butler was taking them to the woodshed in the NC then decided to throw the game at halftime. No other school in the planet would get that lucky to have a team hand them a national championship game. I am glad Mack and the rest of that Butler squad are all not on NBA rosters because of that filth."

I believe we trailed that game for a total of 4 mins of game time, and the most was by 4 points, and it was in the 2nd half..............

But yea Butler threw that enormous lead away and gave us the game. Never seen such a large group of mouth breathers.
We were down at the half.

Reaction Score

I guess winning 11 games in a row is just "luck"...right.

Reaction Score
You know what the saddest thing for Syracuse fans will be about their leaving the Big East, and the apparent disintegration of the Big East? No one will be looking at how many games they won in the Big East in a row, or their winning 2 of 3 Big East Championships (you still have to win this year, and we know how well Syracuse performs in the crunch). When they are gone to the ACC, all they will talk about is National Championships. And guess what, you have only 1 (the same number as CCNY) while we have 3 (the same number as Kansas) . Cheer up though, I am sure you guys will win another one before CCNY does, just maybe not in your lifetime.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know - but his frame of reference is a Jim Calhoun coached team. That is history.
Kevin Ollie has not even won a tournament game yet - how can anyone possibly assume he will continue with the same level of success as Jim Calhoun, who is arguably one of the best ever. The chance of that is astronomical.
I love this post. He's bringing the sugar and the hot sauce. Thanks for the complement regarding Jim Calhoun. I agree that he is one of the best ever.

We feel confident that we've found the right guy to replace him. I'm not worried that he isn't Jim Calhoun. He's Kevin Ollie and we think that that is pretty special.

Reaction Score
Enjoy your day in the sun. But do not even try to compare our programs over the last 20 years- stats do not lie. I used to like Quse and I really have no beef with their coach- I just think that they are going stink it up in the ACC and really do not care anymore now that they are leaving.

I do wish we had a well rounded team to throw at them for this last match up- but happens. I will not miss their fans one bit. Jerry at least has basketball knowledge and can use a word like "hardly" in a sentence- they are throwing the cream of the crop at us today.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
We raise trophies and cut down nets.

They brag about regular season titles and #1 rankings.

Reaction Score

We were 49-5 over three full seasons. No half of one season, half the next creative math.

There was an old SNL skit of Steve Martin and Tom Hanks in the five-timers club. An executive lounge for only people who had hosted SNL five times. There were only four people in the room, and random people who had only hosted once or twice, and cast members, weren't allowed in.

You can probably see where I'm going with this,

Reaction Score
Arguing with Syracuse fans is pointless. We have gold on our fingers every 5 years and they.....win regular season games. Don't respond to this foolishness

Reaction Score
Marsh01 said:
I love how they have to start a circle jerk thread about Syracuse just so they feel better about themselves. It's really pathetic.
"And in response to your apparently continuous monitoring of their board, you’ve probably posted five derogatory posts about UConn for every one that they've posted in total. Who is obsessed, I wonder? Perhaps irony is not your strong point, but I find it painful by proxy to see a fellow Syracuse fan act in such an indecorous manner. We should be above such hijinks and low class tactics, but every third thread on this board seems to include “UConn” and a curse word. Disgusted doesn’t begin to capture my thoughts on this display. I’ll wager that my dislike for UConn as a rival eclipses that of every man, woman and child here, but I choose to express it through competition, high-minded debate, and good-natured ribbing IN PERSON, never hiding behind a keyboard. It’s always ten times easier to ruin a good name than to mend it, but I encourage you to take my advice, and perhaps you’ll be on your way."

The above was written on their board...very funny. Guess there is some in fighting.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This line is tremendous - btw. Tremendous in the same kind of way that a train wreck is..

I think many UCONN fans seriously understimate the importance of Jim Calhoun in UCONN's success. He was arguably the best tournament coach in the modern era. Kevin Ollie may turn out to be really good, but to expect anything close to JC's level is a recipe for disappointment.

A fruit fan chastising us for underestimating the importance of a long-time coach? Did I cross into the twilight zone?

Reaction Score
Ah Syracuse fans, where 20+ years of incredible success is insignificant, and 10-15 individual games are incredibly meaningful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom