Injury updates on Gilbert or Larrier?? | The Boneyard

Injury updates on Gilbert or Larrier??

Reaction Score
As if we didn't already have enough to be worried about, Gilbert's shoulder is bothering him and Larrier has a sprained ankle. Any word on whether or not they play against Columbia? I wince every single time Gilbert hits the ground. As for Larrier, he seems equally fragile to me.

Reaction Score
For real? First Cobb and now both of these guys are injured AGAIN? I missed that yesterday when I missed most of the game...More details? Did this happen sometime in the game yesterday when most people were (likely) tuned out?

Reaction Score
For real? First Cobb and now both of these guys are injured AGAIN? I missed that yesterday when I missed most of the game...More details? Did this happen sometime in the game yesterday when most people were (likely) tuned out?

Relax. Larrier landed on someone's ankle when he took a 3 pointer. He plays basketball, he twisted his ankle.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As if we didn't already have enough to be worried about, Gilbert's shoulder is bothering him and Larrier has a sprained ankle. Any word on whether or not they play against Columbia? I wince every single time Gilbert hits the ground. As for Larrier, he seems equally fragile to me.
He should be wearing at least a compression sleeve, if not a brace, on his knee.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He wears the basketball pantyhose like most these days doesn’t he?
He wore white leggings the first three games, IIRC (Confirmed via photos on uconnhuskies dot com). He did not have them for Oregon and I don't remember seeing them yesterday. Apparently Nike doesn't make them in gray.

Wait...yes they do.
12991997.jpeg

Reaction Score
Honestly not sure why Gilbert was even out there yesterday you could see he wasn't half the player on either end could only hurt himself and the team. Not sure who's running this crazy train? LOL

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I didn't want to mention this and jinx him, but since it's a thread now, did anyone else see in the Oregon game when AG was fouled hard going to the basket? Two teammates tried to help him up from both arms and he noticeably winced when one played pulled him up by his surgically repaired shoulder? If someone can find the clip and post here, I'd be curious to hear what others say, but it was very evident to me when I saw it live on tv.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I suggest they sit out and heal on Wednesday; let the fans watch some walk-ons giving 110%.

I liked this post, but I'm not suggesting I have a problem with the effort of either AG or TL

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I didn't want to mention this and jinx him, but since it's a thread now, did anyone else see in the Oregon game when AG was fouled hard going to the basket? Two teammates tried to help him up from both arms and he noticeably winced when one played pulled him up by his surgically repaired shoulder? If someone can find the clip and post here, I'd be curious to hear what others say, but it was very evident to me when I saw it live on tv.
Yep. I saw that.

Reaction Score
I saw that.... I was like you dummies are you trying to pull his arm out of the socket!

Reaction Score
I'm sure Al wanted to be back on the court for the opener and Ollie needs his talent. But this news and the whole brace snafu earlier makes me think he may not have been ready. Hope all is well and he can show his stuff

Reaction Score
I liked this post, but I'm not suggesting I have a problem with the effort of either AG or TL

AG's effort has been good. Terry's I do question. 2 rebounds yesterday is not enough. And he didn't work hard to help or hedge to get to 3 point shooters as well as a couple of actually ole defensive stands on drives or fast breaks. Not impressed I must say and need a lot more effort from him I believe. He works hard to get open though.:oops:

Reaction Score
I'm sure Al wanted to be back on the court for the opener and Ollie needs his talent. But this news and the whole brace snafu earlier makes me think he may not have been ready. Hope all is well and he can show his stuff

Yeah it will be dismal without his ability out there I believe but we will see because he may be out a while.

Hate to say because I love the kid but may never be the same, sucks.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Honestly not sure why Gilbert was even out there yesterday you could see he wasn't half the player on either end could only hurt himself and the team. Not sure who's running this crazy train? LOL

I wish I had been wrong about this when I laid it out a few weeks ago, “going by what I see”, regarding Gilbert’s shoulder. He is a good kid in a terrible spot - before this recent incident he needed to drive less and shoot outside shots more, but before he could make that adjustment, he needed to practice large volumes of shots - which he has been unable to do. I almost feel it’s like a guy who has had multiple concussions, is it worth it long term?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Omh.
I saw that.... I was like you dummies are you trying to pull his arm out of the socket!
The way the guy pulled him up was with all the pressure on the shoulder. They didn't even sync when they pulled him up, one pulled on his right then the other guy his left. I was like, "Let him get up on his own." Someone needs to tell them he's had two surgeries. He's not Stretch Armstrong. Jeez.

Reaction Score
Omh.
The way the guy pulled him up was with all the pressure on the shoulder. They didn't even sync when they pulled him up, one pulled on his right then the other guy his left. I was like, "Let him get up on his own." Someone needs to tell them he's had two surgeries. He's not Stretch Armstrong. Jeez.
Big Dave what are you doing!?

Reaction Score
1. That undershirt is offensive.
2. If that's bothering his shoulder, maybe he shouldn't have been in.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
1. That undershirt is offensive.
2. If that's bothering his shoulder, maybe he shouldn't have been in.

1The undershirt is probably necessary to cover the brace. It wasn't bad at all.
2 The fact that Nike keeps promoting low top sneakers to basketball players is offensive

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't mind an undershirt at all, the tiger stripes gotta go. Glad PK80 is out

Reaction Score
I wish I had been wrong about this when I laid it out a few weeks ago, “going by what I see”, regarding Gilbert’s shoulder. He is a good kid in a terrible spot - before this recent incident he needed to drive less and shoot outside shots more, but before he could make that adjustment, he needed to practice large volumes of shots - which he has been unable to do. I almost feel it’s like a guy who has had multiple concussions, is it worth it long term?

Reminds me of Omar Calhoun, great Freshmen season, then injury hinders his ability to progress.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom