Injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
097E9D6D-38F7-48D6-A738-CC2331720BF0.jpeg

Reaction Score
I was about to post, you get 6 hours to grieve, agonize then you have to move on. Next player up. That was for Azzi. Then I was going to say for us to be there at the end this year, we need Ice and Patterson handling the 5, Edwards and Griffin the 4, Ducharme and Q the 3, Paige and Shade the 2, Nika and KK the point, with DeBerry and Ines as deep support depending on how they develop. That plan did not last 24 hours. I fear Ducharme has something that is not going away. Even when she plays she is not her old self. Now, same sort of plan, but Edwards, Griffin and Q have to handle the 4 and the 3. and we were looking forward to such depth. This looks like the third year in a row of struggle, next player up, what do you mean we are out of next players? What a downer.

Reaction Score
Well the hurt gets us a little deeper. However, we have 10 bodies that can play ball.

Chances are the starters will be: Paige, Aliyah, Nika, Aubrey and Q.

Second coming on are: Ice, KK and Ash.

Would love to see some valuable minutes from Amari. And whatever Ines can help with.

But I think that we will be playing eight at Cayman.

Reaction Score
I was about to post, you get 6 hours to grieve, agonize then you have to move on. Next player up. That was for Azzi. Then I was going to say for us to be there at the end this year, we need Ice and Patterson handling the 5, Edwards and Griffin the 4, Ducharme and Q the 3, Paige and Shade the 2, Nika and KK the point, with DeBerry and Ines as deep support depending on how they develop. That plan did not last 24 hours. I fear Ducharme has something that is not going away. Even when she plays she is not her old self. Now, same sort of plan, but Edwards, Griffin and Q have to handle the 4 and the 3. and we were looking forward to such depth. This looks like the third year in a row of struggle, next player up, what do you mean we are out of next players? What a downer.
She has not looked well since her freshman year. Wearing ear plugs, sitting on the bench with an ice bag on her head, draw your own conclusions

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Is this what reversion to the mean means? No, of course not, but it flits through my brain ever once and a while in the now multi-year injury nightmare. I want to have something to blame, to be angry at, but no there is no target.

Reaction Score
Well the hurt gets us a little deeper. However, we have 10 bodies that can play ball.

Chances are the starters will be: Paige, Aliyah, Nika, Aubrey and Q.

Second coming on are: Ice, KK and Ash.

Would love to see some valuable minutes from Amari. And whatever Ines can help with.

But I think that we will be playing eight at Cayman.
I think KK will start, not Q.

Reaction Score
Devastating news!
Will this stuff ever end?
IMHO the starters should be Paige, Nika, Aaliyah, Aubrey, and Ice! UCONN needs some size in the starting line-up!
We have to have KK, Q, & Ashlynn come off the bench for a change of pace!
Ines and Amari have to get some minutes to make sure starters don't go a lot of minutes!
We're running out of "he next girl up!"

Reaction Score
Devastating news!
Will this stuff ever end?
IMHO the starters should be Paige, Nika, Aaliyah, Aubrey, and Ice! UCONN needs some size in the starting line-up!
We have to have KK, Q, & Ashlynn come off the bench for a change of pace!
Ines and Amari have to get some minutes to make sure starters don't go a lot of minutes!
We're running out of "he next girl up!"
It’s possible Ice could start, but I think only if it’s absolutely necessary. Going forward, they might be very careful with that injury she had, a slipped patella can slip again even after surgery, especially in athletes. It’s similar to a dislocated shoulder, once you do it, it can pop out again. On a positive note, her 3 pt shooting has been off the charts good, not to mention her size around the basket, so she will see significant minutes.

Reaction Score
It seems like doom and gloom for UConn women's basketball, but in reality it really isn't. We have two All American's (Paige and Liya) in our lineup and a good supporting cast with Nika, Aubrey and four freshman who are looking better and better with each game.

Reaction Score
I'm looking for Ice to pick up some of the offensive slack now............she's got to be good for a minimum of 10-12 points and five rebounds a game if she gets the court time............same applies to KK.........minimum of 12 points and 5 assists per game

Reaction Score
She has not looked well since her freshman year. Wearing ear plugs, sitting on the bench with an ice bag on her head, draw your own conclusions
Never seen this type of treatment. Usually if you have post concusion or other head injury symptoms, you don't play. One of my favorite players - wishing Caroline the best.

Reaction Score
Never seen this type of treatment. Usually if you have post concusion or other head injury symptoms, you don't play. One of my favorite players - wishing Caroline the best.
Yes, I don't think we really know what's going on with Caroline. I have my own ideas on the subject and have posted them several times here so I won't bother repeating them. In reality we only know what they (meaning Caroline and the medical staff) want us to know. It is hard to believe that if she actually had one or more concussions last season that it would be wise to continue playing as these can be life threatening and definitely life shortening. She is and has been my favorite player and I want to see her delight us all again with her talents, skills and abilities, but I also fear for her safety. I think that's a big part of her fear as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom