Injury update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm personally worried about Paige playing back to back games this early in the season after coming back from all her injuries. Now with some other players down, it gives her less opportunity for a break.

To be honest, I'd rather just have her sit out the Kansas game. If we lose, who cares at this point? It's not like we aren't going to make the NCAA tourney. We have people dropping like flies again, we need to preserve Paige for the long run.

Reaction Score
Agree. Something is different here. No other team has these issues. Year after year after year. Somethings wrong and needs addressing.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I guess that you haven't noticed over the past few seasons that the coaching staff is very tight lipped when it comes to medical information concerning any player. There have been been many documented reasons for this, with player confidentiality being one of them.
Nowadays when a player is injured or suffering some kind of unhealthy symptoms, I too assume the worst. For instance, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Ayanna and Caroline will be out of the lineup for a long time. But will celebrate if I am proven wrong.
And to subtlety blame the current training/medical staff is just wrong.

Reaction Score
This situation seems to becoming the new normal for UConn, unfortunately.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
IMHO, the coaching, S&C, and medical staff evaluate a player's progress after surgery, and decide whether they can move forward with activities or not. They will not rush players back, as this is not a pro sports team
Could we not blame the S&C staff (again) for injuries? Concussions happen. Other injuries have nothing to do with the training staff. Many players are coming into college with lingering issues from all the hoop they play year round.

Reaction Score
Very strange to see that Ayanna Patterson has no timeline for return. Did something go wrong with her recovery? Another injury? Very sad news.

Reaction Score
Injuries are common in many if not most high level sports teams especially women's where knee injuries due to physiological differences. UConn recruits from the best of the best where the most dedicated, talented, and driven players reside. For me it is not a surprise that they are more injury prone because they are what we thought they were. Top athletes. I wish that wasn't a side effect of the makeup of players at this level but it is. No ones fault. Just comes with the territory. They work hard to mitigate this issue and science will help given time. I love there guys and what they do and keep my fingers crossed for them always.

Reaction Score
I don't think AP will make any significant impact anytime soon. Geno made some cryptic remarks a few weeks back about AP contributing in March.

I warned about assuming all the players with serious injuries from last year would come back 100% and ready to go. This season is shaping into a disaster with all these injuries piling up,.

Reaction Score
I am watching the LSU game on Flo Sports. I also watched the Tulane/ Virginia game. That floor is dangerous! I am NOT exaggerating! They had to wipe the floor with big 4’ dust mops several times during the games. So far a player in the first game slipped and almost injured herself. In the LSU game a player slipped during a layup and wrenched her knee. Now we are down there waiting for our turn. I pray that nothing else happens to any more players. If I were Gino, I would not let them play. Citing the floor conditions and player safety as legitimate reasons to not continue. I think the other coaches in this tournament should do the same.
As I’m writing this the LSU player is on the bench with an ice packed wrapped around her knee. It is #5 Sa’Myah Smith.

Reaction Score
At least we know something. And Azzi's injury and olaying status is well known. Unlike ND, who has never disclosed Miles' I jury, and probably never will. Now they have Citron injured and again..nothing but crickets.

Reaction Score
Injuries are common in many if not most high level sports teams especially women's where knee injuries due to physiological differences. UConn recruits from the best of the best where the most dedicated, talented, and driven players reside. For me it is not a surprise that they are more injury prone because they are what we thought they were. Top athletes. I wish that wasn't a side effect of the makeup of players at this level but it is. No ones fault. Just comes with the territory. They work hard to mitigate this issue and science will help given time. I love there guys and what they do and keep my fingers crossed for them always.
There is a lot of truth in what you say, but when recruiting it might be wise to look beyond the rankings of a player and look deep into their history of injuries.

Reaction Score
Have you actually watched any UConn games over the last three years? Or are you basing your question on this season's 4 games?
Based on all of the comments made by @real141 regarding Caroline, the answer would seem to be quite obvious. Head bang

Reaction Score
Very strange to see that Ayanna Patterson has no timeline for return. Did something go wrong with her recovery? Another injury? Very sad news.
Fairfield Fan- - - Ayanna had a knee surgery like what Morgan Tuck had years ago!
It was not simple surgery, but cleaning up and trying new techniques for chronic knee sufferers so her recovery time is not the same as other knee procedures!

Reaction Score
The ongoing disparaging comments about the training staff for any injuries sustained is borderline nuts. Stuff happens to people all the time. No one’s fault. Our kids have one of the very best staffs and some of the best resources of anyone. Are you blaming our staff for the ND player pushing AE into Azzi?

Reaction Score
I like the 8 and I like having to play the frosh. They'll be tourney tough by March.
The wonderful thing about the frosh playing is --think of how prepared they shall be in March!!! This is gift, a terrible way of getting a gift--never the less, it is March gift.

Reaction Score
The ongoing disparaging comments about the training staff for any injuries sustained is borderline nuts. Stuff happens to people all the time. No one’s fault. Our kids have one of the very best staffs and some of the best resources of anyone. Are you blaming our staff for the ND player pushing AE into Azzi?
While it is fair game to question Why INJURIES, it is unfair to blame anyone for the unknown. 3 straight years of important injuries deserves an answer if an answer is possible. For the benefit of the TEAM, the coaches and yes the fans.

Reaction Score
I'm looking for Ice to pick up some of the offensive slack now............she's got to be good for a minimum of 10-12 points and five rebounds a game if she gets the court time............same applies to KK.........minimum of 12 points and 5 assists per game
Not to worry about KK--she'll do what she must. I see in KK a kid that loves and knows the game, has talent, and physical ability. I hope Ice and Samuels fulfil my expectations.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

I know some of y’all are quick to blame the S&C staff, but if Azzi’s dad isn’t blaming them (especially when he knows a lot more about the situation than any of us), maybe we can lay off that narrative, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky