Indiana/Big Ten Counting UCONN as P5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Indiana/Big Ten Counting UCONN as P5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My boss is a Wisconsin booster and he's literally *beside himself* about UConn not being in the B1G and he said Wisconsin are all over the idea. The NYC market is the big reason, obviously - but the general vibe I get is the B1G schools like us a lot.

Reaction Score
My boss is a Wisconsin booster and he's literally *beside himself* about UConn not being in the B1G and he said Wisconsin are all over the idea. The NYC market is the big reason, obviously - but the general vibe I get is the B1G schools like us a lot.

Thats great to hear. Our FB program is finally coming around and we are already competitive today in the B1G. I wish we already moved on to the B1G already so we can start planning for stadium expansion etc. I am confident UCONN can carry New England and part of NYC for the B1G.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think title #4 was a what the heck are we doing moment for the B1G AD's. I think the Michigan home game also helped.

In the end though, any invite would he based mostly on the upgrades to the academic side. AAU or not the B1G isn't going to bring in an underperforming university, except for Rutgers.

Haha, but seriously, the academics matter more than performance on the field, see Rutgers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Interesting, but not as interesting as it would be if Cinci and Army weren't on the list.

Reaction Score
UCONN13KC said:
Is this intended to be a complete list or just programs currently on a B1G schedule? There are other worthy programs including Navy.

According to article at the top of the thread it's based on specific requests for exemptions by B1G teams for teams they have scheduled

Reaction Score
Too bad for Governor Malloy, he can't go to the Indy road game...he has been ban from the State of Indiana. LOL!!!

Reaction Score
It might be a matter of time when Big Ten fans learn where and who created football when UConn is introduced as a Big Ten member. :D

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just received an email from Scout, I can't remember the last time they sent me something. The subject: Win Tickets to the Big Ten Championship. Why would they send something like that to me? I click on the unsubscribe link, it takes you to a huge list of college and pro sports teams. The only one that was checked was UConn. Why would they think UConn fans would give two craps about the Big Ten Championship? Hmm....

Reaction Score
I just received an email from Scout, I can't remember the last time they sent me something. The subject: Win Tickets to the Big Ten Championship. Why would they send something like that to me? I click on the unsubscribe link, it takes you to a huge list of college and pro sports teams. The only one that was checked was UConn. Why would they think UConn fans would give two craps about the Big Ten Championship? Hmm....

I received that email as well. Are the stars coming into alignment??? There certainly seems to be an increase in positive chatter. I judge my level of optimism by the rate at which I hit the refresh button... it hasn't been this high in a while and I've recently stopped taking my meds...

Reaction Score
I received that email as well. Are the stars coming into alignment??? There certainly seems to be an increase in positive chatter. I judge my level of optimism by the rate at which I hit the refresh button... it hasn't been this high in a while and I've recently stopped taking my meds...
We're amongst the top schools on the Big Ten's list, easily.

Reaction Score
Realistically, I do not think that the B1G will expand by just 1 team for anyone except for U Texas and/or ND (yes, I know it is very unlikely that ND goes to the B1G, just saying). Thus, there needs to be chatter about 2 teams going to the B1G (to get to 16 ) or potentially 4 (to get to 20, 18 maybe not ideal due to scheduling issues). Who is UConn's dance partner? I can't see any of the other G5 or independent schools going at this time. So, can the B1G convince Missouri to change sides? Can the B1G pry UVA or V Tech loose? Is the XII about to fail making free agents out of Kansas, Oklahoma. and Texas?

pj

Reaction Score
I think the B1G could easily go to 15 if they know they have a 16th lined up for later. Have UConn play 8 football games instead of 9 to make the scheduling work, give UConn an automatic loss as far as determing eligibility for bowls or conference championship. Once deregulation has passed, it's no problem.

If you know who #16 is and know you want UConn, the sooner you get started the sooner you build market share in the critical New England/New York markets. If UConn increases the value of the next TV contract, and we probably do (certainly do if Fox is the bidder because they also get 51% of BTN revenue which we'll strongly increase), they'll want to get it done before they finalize the TV deal.

This temporary 15-only arrangement seems to me the most likely deal, between the GoR and the network entanglements I don't think a suitable 16 can be found in time, barring a B12 dissolution. But at next TV contract musical chair game, there should be a number of valuable applicants.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
We're amongst the top schools on the Big Ten's list, easily.

We're probably the top school once you exclude the out-of-reach Texas, UNC, UVa group.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it's time for an update from Conspiracy Kitty ^
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Unless President Herbst had sworn me to secrecy. Then it wouldn't be.

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”
Aristotle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member