Indiana/Big Ten Counting UCONN as P5 | The Boneyard

Indiana/Big Ten Counting UCONN as P5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"IU received an exception from the league to count Connecticut (2019, 2020) and Cincinnati (2021, 2022), both members of the American Athletic Conference, as "Power Five" opponents.

"We looked at their RPI for the last five or six years," said Mark Rudner, the Big Ten's senior associate commissioner. "If someone comes to us with a request, we'll evaluate it. That's what happened with these two. Those seemed to fit."

Rudner said teams such as Notre Dame, an independent, obviously fit the spirit of the rule, which is to increase the level of competition.

Rudner said Big Ten has denied one request for an exemption and accepted another. He declined to name the schools."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...en-conference-scheduling-jim-delany/32552461/

Reaction Score
I'd much rather have those countries as league games but this is interesting.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The UConn haters are having a field day over at the cesspool board

Reaction Score
If the B1G considers our football team to be P5-worthy, then I wouldn't think there's much standing between us and a B1G invite, right?
You've been right on a couple of really important things on this board (or, at least, the basketball board), so I allow myself to get a little more excited about what I'm perceiving, in a couple of posts, as optimism from you. Don't know if that's coming from anything you've heard, or you've just been generally bull-ish on UConn to the B1G, but I don't recall it, personally, before the last few posts I've been reading.

Reaction Score
If the B1G considers our football team to be P5-worthy, then I wouldn't think there's much standing between us and a B1G invite, right?

Certainly gives them a good talking point right off the bat if they decide to invite us.

Reaction Score
I think an exception was made because it's Indiana. No way either Cincy or UConn would count as the one P5 game for Ohio State.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Sarcasm off, Chin still a stupid post for a UConn CR board.

Why, it's one of the best posts on here. It's Indi-freaking-ana. Most Indiana fans would think its funny, and it's more true than you think.

Reaction Score
Very, very good news, now, beat or least be competitive with Missouri.

Reaction Score
they looked at the rpi for the last 5-6 years. I would think as the divide grows, the rpi would decline. Time is of the essence.

Reaction Score
I think an exception was made because it's Indiana. No way either Cincy or UConn would count as the one P5 game for Ohio State.

Too late. Now that they count for one team they gotta count for them all. No chance league will be allowed by members to carve out exemptions for certain schools.
they looked at the rpi for the last 5-6 years. I would think as the divide grows, the rpi would decline. Time is of the essence.

I had the same thought.

Reaction Score
Too late. Now that they count for one team they gotta count for them all. No chance league will be allowed by members to carve out exemptions for certain schools.

I had the same thought.

Yeah, I don't the Big Ten is all that worried about Ohio State trying to sneak UConn onto their schedule.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Nothing but good news for UConn. The B1G must have some smart guys working in their offices that remember that UConn held its own as a BCS member and are simply caught in a funk from 1 bad hire and being stuck in AAC purgatory. Put UConn in a P5 conference and we'll be competitive again. No question about that.

Reaction Score
Why, it's one of the best posts on here. It's Indi-freaking-ana. Most Indiana fans would think its funny, and it's more true than you think.

Come on now @dayooper... Not what Missouri said a year ago:

The No. 18 Missouri Tigers were given everything they could handle on Saturday by the surprising Indiana Hoosiers. After a full 60 minutes of back-and-forth action, Missouri was shocked by Indiana, falling at home by a score of 31-27.

walentik_r240x210_normal.jpg
Steve Walentik

@Steve_Walentik

#Mizzou OT Mitch Morse: "This is our coming to Jesus moment. I promise you this week’s going to be the best week of practice we’ve ever had.

8:44 PM - 20 Sep 2014

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They aren't going to screw Indiana on a technicality. Force them to buy out of the games to play Wake instead of Cinci or UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom