Independent Scheduling | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Independent Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That weirdo has no credibility. Just some guy flinging crap........ so what does this guy have that is news other than the statement that we will play two AAC schools in 2020?
Perhaps, 2 un-American, ACC games ???

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Perhaps, 2 un-American, ACC games ???
Whoops, so yeah that mighty twitter post had zero new and everything that could be interpolated from the Yard or recent new reports from the weekend.

Reaction Score
Whoops, so yeah that mighty twitter post had zero new and everything that could be interpolated from the Yard or ...
Focusing on prospective 2020 ACC opponents the last several weeks, which potential 2010 ACC opponents have Boneyarders or others interpolated, speculated on, or specifically identified? Free Shoes was mentioned at some point, but didn’t they subsequently schedule some FCS school? Others requiring horse trading?

Reaction Score
For the record that guy is not me and I’ve got no clue who it is

What happened to your twitter handle? I saw that account and others enter my mentions over your acct being suspended.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No ACC games. Maine, Indiana, Umass, Illinois
Oh I guess NC State/Duke/BC is further down the line. I thought one was next year. Very interesting. If we have 2 Big Ten and 2 ACC games that is very interesting.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Focusing on prospective 2020 ACC opponents the last several weeks, which potential 2010 ACC opponents have Boneyarders or others interpolated, speculated on, or specifically identified? Free Shoes was mentioned at some point, but didn’t they subsequently schedule some FCS school? Others requiring horse trading?

I went through this exercise months ago. Basically in FBS football land all the programs have all their FBS OOC scheduling completed for 2020 and whats left are only open dates for their annual FCS cupcake games. Seems extremely unlikely any program will skip their annual right for a cupcake.

So, what really has to happen for 2020 is for UConn to approach schools with established OOC dates and pitch to both programs the offer to play both using whatever sweetener/pitch/angle you can possible inject to the situation.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
What happened to your twitter handle? I saw that account and others enter my mentions over your acct being suspended.
A UCF fan reported me during the UConn ucf game and I got permanently suspended. I’m back on as @druuuvannn for now still tweeting a lot of the same UConn info but trying to remain more low key

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
A UCF fan reported me during the UConn ucf game and I got permanently suspended. I’m back on as @druuuvannn for now still tweeting a lot of the same UConn info but trying to remain more low key
For what?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Was going back and forth with them all week and was cited for “promoting violence”
That's ridiculous.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I'd be happy to be Rutgers, with the payday they receive!
Never! their a bigger embarrassment than us, getting completely clowned in the B1G, a laughing stock , I’d rather be us everyday

Reaction Score

That sucks. Didn't realize that was you, nice scoop on the UCF buy game over the weekend!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I went through this exercise months ago. Basically in FBS football land all the programs have all their FBS OOC scheduling completed for 2020 and whats left are only open dates for their annual FCS cupcake games. Seems extremely unlikely any program will skip their annual right for a cupcake.

So, what really has to happen for 2020 is for UConn to approach schools with established OOC dates and pitch to both programs the offer to play both using whatever sweetener/pitch/angle you can possible inject to the situation.

More than one ACC school is playing UCF. Four play Liberty and three play ODU. Liberty seemed to be fairly sucessful squeezing in late season OOC Games.

Virginia and NC State have fairly late games against Liberty. UMass is off Oct 31 and plays us in the opener. That’s nuts. Independents need games vs each other late in the year. Good bet we move that game to October.

Army plays San Jose State on Nov 14 so that’s a game we could flip and play them both.

I think they will make this work, and beyond that it gets easier.

Reaction Score
One thing working in UConn’s favor with ACC teams is Notre Dane football deal with ACC. Notre Dame has to play ACC, and I would look at schools in the acc when they aren’t playing Notre Dame in the future as possible targets.

The way it was explained to me is that having Notre dame in rotation unbalances acc non-conf schedule. UConn as an Indy is much more flexible where it can fit it, especially as a late October non-conf game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One thing working in UConn’s favor with ACC teams is Notre Dane football deal with ACC. Notre Dame has to play ACC, and I would look at schools in the acc when they aren’t playing Notre Dame in the future as possible targets.

The way it was explained to me is that having Notre dame in rotation unbalances acc non-conf schedule. UConn as an Indy is much more flexible where it can fit it, especially as a late October non-conf game.

To your point Plan ahead: ACC/Notre Dame set schedule for football games in 2026-2037 :: WRALSportsFan.com

They actually have six ACC games next year. But it helps Explain why ACC teams have mid to late season non conference games regularly. Liberty seems popular as a Virginia team. I suspect UConn would be as well. They all recruit CT high school kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom