In dismissing him, UConn did Billy Crocker a favor (DiMauro @ The Day) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

In dismissing him, UConn did Billy Crocker a favor (DiMauro @ The Day)

C

Chief00

...Or Lashlee just wanted to be at a place with better climate, access to top tier recruits and where his wife wanted to be
Just sayin

The AD should have made Lashlee Head Coach. No RE2.0. Lashlee as the OC was doomed to failure, especially if he was successful. And that’s exactly what happened.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The facts are he was pulled out of Auburn by Benedict. The facts are the offensive line, the weakest part of the team, was transformed into a functional unit. The facts are the offense was more productive than it has been in years. The fact is the D failed miserably, and Randy put a choke hold on the O. Now, it takes little imagination to understand you don’t get rid your best assets absent unusual circumstances. Wives don’t dictate where coaches go. Every coach’s wife knows the drill. The wife didn’t like it line is known as a graceful explanation for exit, just like politicians who quit for family reasons. Reasonable minds know what likely happened.

Yeah....those aren't facts. There are some facts mixed in with your opinion. We don't know the whole story on what happened. I liked Lashlee and was not happy when he left...but putting the whole thing on Edsall without actual facts seems silly to me. Unless you have inside information....which you haven't said. You have assumptions and speculation.

Reaction Score
Idc if edsall stepped on Crocker’s toes big time. This years defense was the worst in history. Let that sink in. The worst in history. Idc if he was unable to get his guys in. This was a fully on the OC

Reaction Score
Idc if edsall stepped on Crocker’s toes big time. This years defense was the worst in history. Let that sink in. The worst in history. Idc if he was unable to get his guys in. This was a fully on the OC[/QUi
I dont think people understand the type of schedule they faced. But when you are historically bad, someone had to go.

C

Chief00

I dont think people understand the type of schedule they faced. But when you are historically bad, someone had to go.
True, they faced some very good teams. However, against the poor teams the results were poor too. The good teams substituted early 4td quarter.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The funniest thing to remember is the principle behind giving Diaco that extension was to make it harder for a school to swoop in and hire him away as their head coach.

The literal definition of answering a question no one was going to ask.

Same for Ollie, as it turns out. And same for every extension that goes awry.

This is why I'm currently pro-HCREv2. He's cheap, with proven success at this school. Buying a lottery ticket with an assistant from elsewhere might give us someone like Fleck, if we win. If we lose, Diaco.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Gotta love UConn Nation. We just witnessed the worst defensive season in the history of college football that followed an already God awful defensive season in the year prior, and firing the man partly responsible for it is even questioned...by anyone. It's really quite simple: when you suck at a historic level, you get replaced. If a coach can't handle that kind of simple and reasonable pressure, he/she shouldn't get into coaching.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Same for Ollie, as it turns out. And same for every extension that goes awry.

This is why I'm currently pro-HCREv2. He's cheap, with proven success at this school. Buying a lottery ticket with an assistant from elsewhere might give us someone like Fleck, if we win. If we lose, Diaco.

The problem isn't hiring a guy like Diaco, the problem is extending him!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom